Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 11:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Also, there's really one basic reason to support Trump:

you want to go back to 1981 and believe he has the power to take you there.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
This guy is right on the money. Interestingly, one of my best friends/former college roommate who is a leftist and voted for Barack twice is on the Trump Train for a lot of the reasons the man listed in his video. My friend is especially fond of President Trump's approach to illegal immigration (my friend is Hispanic, btw) and loves how the president takes on the MSM and political correctness. He especially hates being told how to think and feel by the MSM and leftists and can't stand the nastiness/hypocrisy of social justice warriors. To see the transformation in my friend's political beliefs was stunning. Again, this is a man who voted for Barack twice and who had nothing but bad things to say about Bush 43. But even he had enough and saw the light!

Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This guy is right on the money. Interestingly, one of my best friends/former college roommate who is a leftist and voted for Barack twice is on the Trump Train for a lot of the reasons the man listed in his video. My friend is especially fond of President Trump's approach to illegal immigration (my friend is Hispanic, btw) and loves how the president takes on the MSM and political correctness. He especially hates being told how to think and feel by the MSM and leftists and can't stand the nastiness/hypocrisy of social justice warriors. To see the transformation in my friend's political beliefs was stunning. Again, this is a man who voted for Barack twice and who had nothing but bad things to say about Bush 43. But even he had enough and saw the light!
Anyone with rational consistency and logic to to their voting choice would not do this. The two are philosophical opposites.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:12 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
A buffoon in office who makes outlandish promises he can't deliver, And did you not hear what Trump said about just repealing Obamacare if there's not vote? How he wants the market to collapse?

the main reason why we won't get a significant legislative achievement passed this year isn't due to them, it's due to Trump. He is the president but has done nothing so far to help his own party get a bill through to the finish line. In fact, he has done the complete opposite by sabotaging their efforts ....
Trump has delivered on many promises and many are in the planning stages, for example like the wall. The reason you think nothing has been done is because MAINSTREAM MEDIA REFUSES TO REPORT IT. Why do you think Trump has to resort to Twitter?

Have you heard about the Veterans Administration improvements and the Whistleblower Law that finally allows bad employees to be fired? They've been wanting to do that for decades. Veterans can go online and see the waiting times for a doctor appointment. If they need to see one sooner they can see a private doctor. Instead of waiting weeks for their records to be transferred from the DoD to VA it's now computerized.

ISIS has left Iraq.

Cease fire in Syria

Hundreds of useless regulations that strangled small business and family farms have been eliminated.

The stock market is roaring.

Keystone Pipeline and Dakota Pipeline have created thousands of jobs.

NATO partners are finally paying their bills.

Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch appointed.

Otto Warmbier released from North Korea so he could die at home. An American woman in an Egyptian prison for three years was released.

Ivanka and Jared are working with high tech CEOs to upgrade cybersecurity and all computer systems in the government because it costs more to use the old stuff.

Ivanka is working with Sec of Labor Acosta to implement a private public partnership with community colleges and business to create skilled employees. Graduates of the apprenticeship program are guaranteed jobs, have no student debt and earn an average of $60K.

Ivanka has spearheaded a global women's entrepreneurship empowerment fund, which has grown to $300 million with the help of a $50 million U.S. donation. That's why she was at the G20. She and Angela Merkel have met before about this

Ivanka wants paid family leave for all workers.

Ivanka is involved in stopping human trafficking

The Space program has been reinstated.

IMMIGRATION: Thousands of MS-13 gang members have been deported. Kate's Law offers escalating prison time for deportees who return. No Sanctuary for Criminals Act defunds sanctuary cities Illegals crossing into the US have dropped. Four to eight designs for the wall will be showcased in San Diego area in a month or two. Parts will have solar panels so we can sell electricity to Mexico which means they will pay for the wall!

Black unemployment at the lowest rate in 17 years

Trump made a deal to sell Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) to Poland when he was there. They had been buying from Russia. So much for being Putin's puppet!

When Trump went to Saudi Arabia where he was greeted like an Emperor (unlike Obama) Saudis signed contracts for billions of dollars of US planes and military equipment.

No President has been more hands on in trying to get members of Congress to vote for the health care bill. Everyone in Congress agrees that Trump is more involved than Obama was. It's their bill and they each have constituents with different wants and needs. If Congress lets Obamacare collapse totally -- it's collapsing on its own -- they can build a new bill from scratch without all the flaws of the original. The problem is you can't please everyone. People want a gold standard plan but don't want to pay more than pennies. Go to a car dealer and say you want the latest model with all the top end options but don't want to pay more than the basic stripped down price.

And there's more! But I can't remember everything for the past six months. So if you want to know what has been going on in this very busy White House, subscribe to the White House official youtube channel. About 2600 videos so far showing every speech, every meeting at the White House, greeting foreign leaders, Trump's trips overseas and press briefings where members of the Cabinet tell Americans directly what they are doing. Why let presstitutes censor your news and tell you how to think?

Old 07-17-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Anyone with rational consistency and logic to to their voting choice would not do this. The two are philosophical opposites.
People saw where voting consistency got them and the country and were fed up. They wanted another way. If that's irrational and illogical, I'll gladly accept it

Old 07-17-2017, 12:16 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Counties who voted for Obama voted for Trump this time. There is a website somewhere showing exact numbers. Why are you surprised that people aren't Party Robots blindly voting a straight ticket even if it goes against their own interests?

Old 07-17-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
People saw where voting consistency got them and the country and were fed up. They wanted another way. If that's irrational and illogical, I'll gladly accept it
It is irrational and illogical action for those segments of voters.

How don't go from voting for a guy who supports action on climate change, supports global trade, supports diversity, pioneered ACA-type healthcare...to a guy who denies climate change, wants isolationism, wants to crack down on minorities, and wants to do the exact opposite on healthcare?

Irrespective of which philosophy is right, people who go from one to the other are probably not very intellectually mature; they may as well flip a coin.

I get that a segment of people did it; I also get that a segment of people are dumb. That's normal in a democratic republic.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:39 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse

Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
It is irrational and illogical action for those segments of voters.

How don't go from voting for a guy who supports action on climate change, supports global trade, supports diversity, pioneered ACA-type healthcare...to a guy who denies climate change, wants isolationism, wants to crack down on minorities, and wants to do the exact opposite on healthcare?

Irrespective of which philosophy is right, people who go from one to the other are probably not very intellectually mature; they may as well flip a coin.

I get that a segment of people did it; I also get that a segment of people are dumb. That's normal in a democratic republic.
They (my friend and others like him) were very mature, rational, and knowledgeable in their thinking and ultimate decision to support Donald J. Trump for POTUS over Hillary.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who preached hope and change, but who then who was often divisive, playing the race card before having a full understanding of the facts (think the "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" nonsense and his attack on the officer who confronted Henry Louis Gates after being called to the scene for a possible break-in).

-They voted for a guy (Obama) whose election and policies emboldened supporters/thinking that held that if you were white you were the beneficiary of some "privilege" and that attacked white men for being, well, white men.

-They voted for a man (again, Obama) who claimed to care about the average worker, but then went full throttle in supporting TPP and caved to radical environmentalists in denying permits for the Keystone Pipeline.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who claimed that the amount of debt accumulated by President Bush was "unpatriotic," but who then went on to accumulate nearly as much debt as every president before him COMBINED.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who claimed to be anti-war, but who was itching to take America into Syria and who took us into Libya, which created a power vacuum there that led to ISIS taking over and wreaking greater havoc around the world.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who said he cared about the rule of law, but who then granted unconstitutional amnesty to entire classes of illegal immigrants and whose rhetoric on illegal immigration led to large surges of illegals coming across our southern border to take advantage of Obama's laxness; note, illegal immigrant crossing at our southern border has decreased SHARPLY since President Trump took office, with most crediting Trump's tough approach to immigration enforcement as the main reason for the reduction.

-They did not vote for the woman (Hillary) who promised to carry on the agenda/legacy of Obama who let many people down on these issues.

-They voted for the man (Trump) who said that he'd do the opposite on the above and many other issues.

No, my friend doesn't support everything that President Trump does (but, then again, he didn't support everything that Obama did, even though he voted for him twice), but the above reasons, in addition to Trump's efforts to eliminate political correctness and take on the media, and other issues were reasons enough to switch support from the Dems to Donald J. Trump.

The immature and irrational thing to do is to continue supporting politicians who preach a good game but who disappoint on so many levels simply because they have a D or R next to their name.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
They (my friend and others like him) were very mature, rational, and knowledgeable in their thinking and ultimate decision to support Donald J. Trump for POTUS over Hillary.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who preached hope and change, but who then who was often divisive, playing the race card before having a full understanding of the facts (think the "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" nonsense and his attack on the officer who confronted Henry Louis Gates after being called to the scene for a possible break-in).

-They voted for a guy (Obama) whose election and policies emboldened supporters/thinking that held that if you were white you were the beneficiary of some "privilege" and that attacked white men for being, well, white men.

-They voted for a man (again, Obama) who claimed to care about the average worker, but then went full throttle in supporting TPP and caved to radical environmentalists in denying permits for the Keystone Pipeline.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who claimed that the amount of debt accumulated by President Bush was "unpatriotic," but who then went on to accumulate nearly as much debt as every president before him COMBINED.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who claimed to be anti-war, but who was itching to take America into Syria and who took us into Libya, which created a power vacuum there that led to ISIS taking over and wreaking greater havoc around the world.

-They voted for a man (Obama) who said he cared about the rule of law, but who then granted unconstitutional amnesty to entire classes of illegal immigrants and whose rhetoric on illegal immigration led to large surges of illegals coming across our southern border to take advantage of Obama's laxness; note, illegal immigrant crossing at our southern border has decreased SHARPLY since President Trump took office, with most crediting Trump's tough approach to immigration enforcement as the main reason for the reduction.

-They did not vote for the woman (Hillary) who promised to carry on the agenda/legacy of Obama who let many people down on these issues.

-They voted for the man (Trump) who said that he'd do the opposite on the above and many other issues.

No, my friend doesn't support everything that President Trump does (but, then again, he didn't support everything that Obama did, even though he voted for him twice), but the above reasons, in addition to Trump's efforts to eliminate political correctness and take on the media, and other issues were reasons enough to switch support from the Dems to Donald J. Trump.

The immature and irrational thing to do is to continue supporting politicians who preach a good game but who disappoint on so many levels simply because they have a D or R next to their name.
Sounds convincing when you write it that way, but I would argue that anyone with half a brain knew that Obama would do stimulus, favor more government regulation, favor clean tech over coal, favor more global trade, favor big govt-driven overhaul of healthcare, favor more fun control, favor more carbon emission reductions, etc.. If your friend thought Obama would oppose things lIke TPP, the I would argue that your friend was just ill-informed.

None what Obama did was surprising to those who pay attention same as none of what Trump is doing now to dismantle all of that is a surprise. . will have to leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies