Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 PM

19,707 posts, read 10,047,505 times

Advertisements

His partner said that he was stunned.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,073,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
well she was apparently into meditation, non-traditional medical treatments and a yoga instructor so, some kind of weirdo we'll likely hear soon enough
Yup. Smearing the victim is definitely protocol when these things happen.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:39 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,087,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Apparently he has two pending complaints filed against him

Mpls. police officer who shot, killed woman identified | KARE11.com
I literally just saw this, was coming into post about it. You beat me to it. I sure hope if this incident is confirmed to be an "unjust shooting" that they nail this guy to the wall.

I'm sorry but after everything that has been going on with police shootings over the last several years in this country, failing to turn on your bodycam is unforgivable.

Not sure what the exact protocol is for when to turn on your bodycam, but if cops are responding to some sort of disturbance during the middle of the night in a dark alley way (literally, they got a call about something fishy going on in an alley)........wouldn't you think the cop would turn his bodycam on right before pulling up to the scene. Doesn't that seem like common sense???

Because the cop failed to do that, it's his and partner's word vs......nothing. No body cam, and Justine Damond was shot dead. So whatever the cops say happened is what happened.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:44 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,617,023 times
americans continue to support officers who murder Americans and aussies too. No doubt there are plenty of folk here and elsewhere blaming the victim saying she did or not did do something the exact right way .

When will Americans learn that whole reason this happens is because US police forces have decided that they will shift all risk away from Police on to the public.

The police no longer believe they are responsible for protecting the public first, they protect themselves on the scene and in the courts.

Protect and serve my butt, it is now "protect ourselves, shoot when in doubt and worry about it later."

Rule of thumb in our house is always assume the cops are not there to help keep the hell away from them. We are law abiding people but US police forces are adversarial in nature and most of them treat the pubic with extreme disrespect. They Order when asking would achieve more. They escalate the smallest things into life or death circumstances and they do it so often that a large percentage of the public do not even view the police as being a positive force, instead they see them as a necessary evil to be tolerated and nothing more.

The public in rough areas should vote and use their votes to defund police until the police stop hiring thugs and ex military.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:49 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,911,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Don't you think that most cops at one time or other have complaints like these?
Maybe, but do they rack up two complaints in their first two years on the force?
I really don't know, do you?

Old 07-17-2017, 01:52 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I think you just apologized for this cop's action with that PTSD remark.
Apologize............Again, I have been one of the most vocal in condemning wrong actions by the police but it's not really an apology to note that there may be something to this.

Quickly I will add that I have no idea if it would apply here or not but I do believe it plays a role. I believe it plays a negative role with our police force. It's something we need to take seriously. Perhaps unfortunately one's time in the military makes them unfit for a civilian police role. That's not their fault. They are still responsible for their actions and it may be a mitigating factor but it's our fault for not doing a better job addressing this.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:56 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,394,291 times
Just another racist cop murdering an innocent person of the opposite race. Because of the badge he'll get away with it. Time to start a violent protest, burn half the city and block traffic. While the MSM supports the acts with "hands up, don't shoot" videos.

Oh...wait...I suspect that won't happen.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:59 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,571,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I think you just apologized for this cop's action with that PTSD remark.
Well, that wasn't my intent. Obviously PTSD isn't an issue if he's on street duty. Admittedly it was a rather snark comment, but nobody's perfect. I've b=n known to be highly critical of LE of late. We are seeing way to many people killed or maimed bye involved use of lethal force under dubious justifications.

I remember when the CCW laws changed decades back and the dire predictions of Dodge City, the Wild West, blood in the streets as people went High Noon over parking places. Well that didn't happen, but since the Patriot Act shootings have seen a sharp uptick many of them for no better reasons than that parking space situation. High time some serious questions started getting asked and get some serious answers.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:38 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Sad, but certainly not an indictment of all police. This just proves it can happen to anyone. This was a white, middle-aged lady in arguably, the most affluent neighborhood in all of Minneapolis.

I'll wait for more information, but I sincerely doubt the police set out that night to murder someone. I imagine we're dealing with an accident, or negligence. We as citizens entrust our police officers with the power to make life & death decisions in order to keep us safe. Part of the deal is understanding there will be mistakes/accidents from time-to-time. While it doesn't bring this woman back, the odds of being shot by the police are astronomical.

As for the Australian government, I doubt there will be much to that. This was not a tourist on vacation, but rather an ex-pat living/working in a foreign country.
Ok.
Quote:
You can't forget White people. People have been taught to assume everything is racism & to seek it out as the answer when it's not there. Believe me, we may be hearing about racial solidarity now, but if this officer goes to jail, there will be riots because killing a White woman sends a cop to jail, but killing Philando Castille does not.
Riots, huh?
Quote:
Precisely my point. You're already moving towards the racial angle.

That said, there were dozens of pages on this forum alone, of people defending the police in the Castille case. To say no one defended the cops is patently false.

Also, Castille had a gun in his pocket, was a suspect in an armed robbery & none of us saw all the evidence except the jury which included two Black people.
Legal gun and no reason to be a suspect in any crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"was gunned down last night"

"She is also who friends and neighbors say was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer Saturday night."

Nothing like trying to exaggerate the indecent.

I don't see ANY details.

I do notice it is an NBC site and they use to usual "empathy" statements, "she was an animal lover, etc which has NOTHING to do with anything.

"“I mean ask anybody here, they’re shocked,” Really?

Brilliant journalism.

While I do feel very sorry about this, REASONABLE will wait for MORE details BEFORE going off half cocked!
But she WAS gunned down. Unless you wanna tell me that the cops killed her by stoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Black, Muslim, male cop shoots dead white, female victim so this tragedy must be a hate crime because of the unarmed victim's skin color and the cop's skin color, right?

Will there be riots? Looting? Marching? Naw......
We're there riots after they shot Philando Castile or Alton Sterling...or a whole bunch of other black dudes that shall go unnamed?

Old 07-17-2017, 02:43 PM

173 posts, read 169,967 times
https://heavy.com/news/2017/07/moham...mali-mohammed/
Mohammed Noor is the cop's name. He is from Somalia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies