Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
They are turned on when convenient and turned off/erased when they are inconvenient like when a cop shoots an unarmed woman.

pretty much

Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
I used to be a big supporter of the police. But all this stuff over the last few years have made me back off from it.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Are body cameras always on? Are they turned on every single time they interact with the public? Are they turned on if an interaction appears to be escalating? Are they only turned on once they place someone under arrest?
Per the earlier post, they are supposedly turned on when there is a police interaction. I suppose they are not needed while having lunch.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
K-9 dogs are fine when used properly. We need to completely remove the bad cop equation from the picture.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:01 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
While it is troubling that it takes shooting white people before anyone cares, maybe something will get done now about all these trigger happy thugs carrying guns we call police.
Forget white people, it was a citizen of one of our closest Allies. This would look bad in anyway, regardless of the victim's race.

Cops are out of control in this country. I guarantee if we paid the civil suits from their pension funds, these type of shootings would stop asap.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Are body cameras always on? Are they turned on every single time they interact with the public? Are they turned on if an interaction appears to be escalating? Are they only turned on once they place someone under arrest?
Why look, somebody posted the regs right here - //www.city-data.com/forum/48864245-post30.html

Old 07-17-2017, 09:07 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Forget white people, it was a citizen of one of our closest Allies. This would look bad in anyway, regardless of the victim's race.

Cops are out of control in this country. I guarantee if we paid the civil suits from their pension funds, these type of shootings would stop asap.
You can't forget White people. People have been taught to assume everything is racism & to seek it out as the answer when it's not there. Believe me, we may be hearing about racial solidarity now, but if this officer goes to jail, there will be riots because killing a White woman sends a cop to jail, but killing Philando Castille does not.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:08 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
K-9 dogs are fine when used properly. We need to completely remove the bad cop equation from the picture.
It would be a perfect world if we could predict who every bad person is with 100% accuracy. Cops come from the general population, one would think that their numbers are representative of our society. Prison guards also.
The reality is that far too many small town cops are chosen based upon family relations to town politicians.
In bigger cities you have issues as well. I can't speak for every state, or town, but where I am from all you need is a 6 week course and you are qualified to be a cop. We also don't pay very well. Not that pay matters, you have crooked cops in the large cities that actually do pay well and have excellent benefits. A dishonest person is dishonest regardless of what clothes they are wearing or how much money they have.

What we need is a federal police agency, pick one, we certainly have enough of them, to investigate every cop related shooting. It really is a conflict of interest to have a police department investigate themselves.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:09 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
You can't forget White people. People have been taught to assume everything is racism & to seek it out as the answer when it's not there. Believe me, we may be hearing about racial solidarity now, but if this officer goes to jail, there will be riots because killing a White woman sends a cop to jail, but killing Philando Castille does not.
Well, to be honest, if they do go to jail for this killing and not for Castille, where everyone saw the evidence and I did not hear anybody defend the police actions, then what is the reason for the difference in the punishments other than race, gender, or class?

Old 07-17-2017, 09:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
No I said the same thing. Most here have jumped to conclusions. I don't know if the cops were right or wrong. Neither do they.
If the police officials were more open and forthcoming after these types of incidents there might be less inclination for some of us to speculate and jump to conclusions. But in almost every incident of this type that I have seen the police policy is to circle the wagons, stonewall, stall for time, let the dust settle, then sweep it under the rug. So the concerned citizen has little option other than saying "bad police shooting, now prove us wrong".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies