Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 01:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Just let Obamacare implode!
Making things fail sure seems to be a new GOP long term plan for America.

Obviously it is not what the American people want, but it is a good example of how partisan US politics has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 01:08 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
By "let it implode" Trump means "don't pay the bills". That may be the way he operates his businesses, but I'd like to think America aims for a higher standard.
It's clear you don't understand the basics of obumblercare. This is why liberals are always begging for "free things"

Old 07-18-2017, 01:08 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I pointed that out as well to the person you quoted. I got no direct response, just deflection LOL.
Just because you dont like a response doesnt make it a deflection.

I didn't get behind Trump because of his healthcare plans, so the grounds for my response are completely logical. Yes itd be better if he gets something passed since it was something he campaign on, but I am ok with ACA imploding on its on just like it is now since it was pushed thru by a President -not- named Trump Obama sped up this train wreck, good job by him and yes I am butt hurt about being forced to subsidize other peoples healthcare.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:09 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Making things fail sure seems to be a new GOP long term plan for America.

Obviously it is not what the American people want, but it is a good example of how partisan US politics has become.
It was doomed to fail from the start. I and others who pay taxes and don't suck the entitlement teet can't afford to provide more "fee stuff" to half the country.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It was doomed to fail from the start. I and others who pay taxes and don't suck the entitlement teet can't afford to provide more "fee stuff" to half the country.
How much higher are your taxes today than in 2008? I make a good living, but my taxes are still low.

Are you under the impression a repeal would get you a tax cut?

Old 07-18-2017, 01:22 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
No, you cannot afford to provide "free stuff" for half the country but you are always able to afford the prices of the warmongers and drug monopolists, not to mention the stock market fixers that run this economy.

The simple thing is Americans need to pay for health care. They do not need private insurance companies more interested in profit growth or drug monopolists to do it. They need a progressive income tax on all the income from all sources of the top 5% of the citizenry.

There. That is a simple fix but impossible to implement because enough of our people still believe in and elect the hucksters and blatant liars in the White House and Congress.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:26 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is why liberals are always begging for "free things"
Like clean air and clean water. Thanks to Trump, the water and air will get dirtier. How dare we expect the air we breathe to be clean. Or the rivers and lakes to be clear of pollutants.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just show liberals what they created which was a law that was pushed through our throats without properly knowing what was in the bill.

The false and fake promises that we could keep our plan and get $2500 relief resulted in losing our plan and 40% increase in premium.

With all the false media and how Obama has changed rules prior to leaving office, liberals calling for impeachment and lying to their followers....just let this monster implode.

See how many Democrats will still have affordable health care.

Then come with a new bill and meanwhile some Republicans who are just a puppet on a string for anti Trumpers wil have moved out of office.

Let Obamacare die by itself!
And see how much power you have after the next two elections, it would not be much. The Repubs are proving once and for all that they are nothing more than whiners, they whined and whined for over 7 years about Obamacare and when given the opportunity they could not even come up with something that would pass with them controlling both Houses of Congress. Simply letting it die off will not only hurt Liberals, or are you not smart enough to realize that Fact.
What they going to do now, the tax reform "ideas" are coming next, looks like the GOP is not going top have better luck with that either. Going to be interesting to see the mode of the Nation once they discover that the GOP are not any better at running things than the Dems, best learning lesson this Nation and its People could get. Give a Party complete control, no blaming the other guys, no excuses, either they put up or they will be shut up by the voters. Enjoy the limelight while you have it, at this rate it will not be long.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:37 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
You are just sour because your team can't come up with one to replace it. Nice try.
Right. Look at all these Trumpist tears.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:59 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Right. Look at all these Trumpist tears.
Trumpers sure are a sensitive bunch LOL.

Poor little Trump snowflakes, making excuses for Donny's failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies