Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I heard TRUMPIAN Campaign Promise that HE would not cut Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security. I wonder what happened to that PROMISE?
Trump supporters took the bait and voted for him. He's in office now so he can ditch all his promises, he no longer needs them or their votes. But he still enjoys a good "make me feel good" rally every now and then, just because.

Remember when tens of thousands of enraged Trumpers were screaming "LOCKER HER UP!" after Trump promised his supporters he was going to assign a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton?

16 hours
after he won the presidency, Trump campaign made a statement that he was NOT going to investigate Hillary.

I've heard nothing from Trump supporters on this...because they realize Trump lied to them LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Nope ,go back and check the vote,sonny.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2009/s396

Old 07-17-2017, 09:16 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You assume that there needs to be a replacement. Returning the country to the insurance market of 2008 is all that is needed. The government is not obligated to provide or subsidize your healthcare unless you are a veteran.
Wrong answer.

When you are paying nearly $600 per month for insurance and STILL have to pay an additional $5,000 deductible on top of co-pays for visits and medicine, there's a problem.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:17 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Funny how you people completely ignore the role insurance companies play in this debacle.

I remind them they are in it for PROFIT nothing more

Old 07-17-2017, 09:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
For me, the most stunning thing I've observed is the fact that Republicans had EIGHT YEARS to do come up with their own plan. Nearly 3,000 days of time they could've used to really research the issue, come up with viable ideas and how to pay for their ideas.

And what do we get from the right? Zip, zilch, zero, nada.
Did it ever occur to you liberals that the problem might be 'unfixable', or at the least, that there is not a perfect solution?

Old 07-17-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

16 hours[/b] after he won the presidency, Trump campaign made a statement that he was NOT going to investigate Hillary.

I've heard nothing from Trump supporters on this...because they realize Trump lied to them LOL.
I agree with his gracious decision. The Hildebeast is finished politically; that was the thing that mattered most.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They can just send up that bill that Obama Vetoed last year and put it on Trumps desk for approval, that was their plan approved by both houses. What a bunch of frauds, even Trump is criticizing the GOP for their lack of a plan.
The Republicans ARE a "bunch of frauds", BUT so are the Democrats.

ObamaCare is imploding, everyone knows that - even Obama knew that. It was never properly funded, it had a horrible rollout, premiums skyrocketed, exchanges failed.

This is what the Republicans passed in both the House and the Senate and Obama Vetoed in 2016:

House passes ObamaCare repeal, sending measure to president |The Hill - 1/6/2016

The House did vote on this same bill in 2017, but it failed in the Senate ..... Senators who voted FOR this same bill in 2016 wouldn't support it in 2017. Why is that? They are Risk Avoidance Cowards to begin with.

The 2016 Vote to Repeal was nothing more than a Re-Election Campaign ploy, just as the refusal to Vote on the known ObamaCare Implosion is nothing more than a Re-Election Campaign ploy by the Democrats today.
They will ALL pay for what they are doing to the American Public

Add to that - the stupid Risk Avoidance Republicans NEVER thought they would actually be in the position to actually do the JOB that the Voters elected them to do. They believed that Hillary Clinton would be President and they would be "off the hook".

'I Didn't Expect Donald Trump to Win.' Republican Senator Explains the Struggle Over Health Care Bill |Time - July 6, 2017

Republican Sen. Pat Toomey had a candid explanation for why the Senate is struggling with a health care bill: Lawmakers didn't think Donald Trump would become President.
Speaking at a town hall Wednesday, the Pennsylvania Senator said that Republicans were having difficulty crafting a law to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act because they hadn't planned for it to happen this year.

"Look, I didn’t expect Donald Trump to win, I think most of my colleagues didn’t, so we didn’t expect to be in this situation,” the Pennsylvania Senator said at a Town Hall Wednesday.

This should not be a Partisan Issue. The Democrats blew it when they allowed the AMA (coding system), Big Pharma (back room deal on no drug pricing) and the Insurance Companies (bailouts & rising Premiums) to essential write the bill .... and then the Democrats LIED about the Funding, used College Loans as part of the Funding and failed to Fund the Bailouts because they knew it could pass. It was deliberate. As Jonathan Gruber explained - "we had to LIE to pass it and the American Public is stupid, so we knew they wouldn't catch it".

A solid part of the American Public IS "stupid" if they let the Democrat and the Republican CongressCritters get away with this ....... ALL for the Holy Grail of their Re-Election Campaigns and Power grabs. The FED-UP Silent Majority came out of the woodwork and voted for against the Political Elites running for President.
They will continue to do so until the Bums are either thrown out or they do their jobs.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:27 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Wrong answer.

When you are paying nearly $600 per month for insurance and STILL have to pay an additional $5,000 deductible on top of co-pays for visits and medicine, there's a problem.
Which is what Obama Care delivered.
Before that I paid far less and had no deductible. Co-pay $15.00 . The unaffordable care act did anything but lower health care costs.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump supporters took the bait and voted for him. He's in office now so he can ditch all his promises, he no longer needs them or their votes. But he still enjoys a good "make me feel good" rally every now and then, just because.

Remember when tens of thousands of enraged Trumpers were screaming "LOCKER HER UP!" after Trump promised his supporters he was going to assign a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton?

16 hours
after he won the presidency, Trump campaign made a statement that he was NOT going to investigate Hillary.

Perhaps Trump supporters are aware that no President "investigates" - those matters are left to Law Enforcement and the US Department of Justice.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Which is what Obama Care delivered.
Before that I paid far less and had no deductible. Co-pay $15.00 . The unaffordable care act did anything but lower health care costs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fawv4vt5ZPI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies