Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:09 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Through the mediation centers it appears that it is the same as here, where an order is drafted and presented to the court for approval (always given btw). The Sharia mediation doesn't specify if it works the same way. It may be a separate system designed to allow people to get sanction from the mosque for women (since all men have to do is say they want a divorce and it's accomplished). It said the woman has to essentially pay back her dowry and get approval from the council before her plea for divorce is granted. A crappy system in my opinion, but whatever.
If the mediation is court ordered, then it would be pointless to ignore the mediation findings.

However the point you refuse to acknowledge is that a court is NEVER going to order mediation in a religious forum unless the actual complaint is purely religious (i.e. entirely caused by a theological disagreement, like say was Adam coerced or did he voluntarily choose to take a bite of Eves apple).

A Sharia council divorce means nothing under UK Law. No decree nisi, no decree absolute, the parties are still married, and cannot be legally remarried. They could live like they were divorced and remarried but are still legally married to their former spouse. A subsequent family law divorce of the original marriage would consider all property of the separate spousal homes as common property, so it's not a risk free proposition for the former spouse and their new cohabiting partner. Nor could that new partner be registered as family (unless they were actually blood relatives) and receive any government benefits if they were not British without committing fraud.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:16 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If the people of a nation are not able to control who immigrates, by whatever criteria they choose, then they are not really free, sovereign citizens.
Which was the point of BREXIT. To return the choice, whether or not the UK exercises that choice or not does not determine whether they're free and sovereign. Having the choice is sufficient.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's not exactly the same thing because these religious courts have an extremely lopsided scale when it comes to men's and women's rights, and there is huge pressure from the family for women to go to these courts for family disputes. Many people come from countries like Pakistan, where honor killing is common. They averaged three honor killings a day in Pakistan in 2015. How do women from such societies get a fair shake in the U.K. if they're forced to go to one of these courts?
Yes, you are right.

Nevertheless, these courts operate with same "legality" as those of Jews and Catholics. Their decisions have no validity outside of their religious community. If you want to find a way to eliminate them, then that would have apply to religious courts across the board in the U.S. While the number of Catholics who resort to these courts is minimal nowadays, you would find many Jews objecting to such interference I have no doubt.

So, how to fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 01:41 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Yes, you are right.

Nevertheless, these courts operate with same "legality" as those of Jews and Catholics. Their decisions have no validity outside of their religious community. If you want to find a way to eliminate them, then that would have apply to religious courts across the board in the U.S. While the number of Catholics who resort to these courts is minimal nowadays, you would find many Jews objecting to such interference I have no doubt.

So, how to fix it?
I see the insistence on placing the Islamic Courts in equal balance with the Catholic or Jewish courts
This comparison is not fair for the following reasons
The Catholic or Jewish courts have nothing in their texts that are contrary to public law nor do they contradict the approach...
But the Islamic Courts, and to what extent they pose a threat to the democratic system in all countries that follow the democratic system
Because the Islamic Courts are based on bases and concepts that conflict with democratic values and foundations
And it seeks to divide your communities
I see that your outlook is confined to a very narrow angle and you do not want to see the whole picture
I think that darkness in that picture is why you can not discriminate
If a Muslim in your country wants to apply the provisions of his law, he should delete all his legislative texts that violate the human conscience
If the beating of the wife is one of the foundations of that law, he must declare to his followers that it is not permissible to hit women
If the Islamic ruler believes that striking women is the law of divinity, it means that he is against democratic law, which considers that sharia is the source of the people
So you have to look at the whole picture and not part of it

Old 07-21-2017, 02:16 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I see the insistence on placing the Islamic Courts in equal balance with the Catholic or Jewish courts
This comparison is not fair for the following reasons
The Catholic or Jewish courts have nothing in their texts that are contrary to public law nor do they contradict the approach...
lol. .. do we need to read anything further beyond this ?

ahem ahem

Quote:
" If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

Old 07-21-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol. .. do we need to read anything further beyond this ?

ahem ahem
I think you are not qualified to interpret this talk
I believe that Christ has abolished all the texts of biblical law, but has taken spiritual and human texts
It is the highest spiritual and human teachings
Unlike your religion, where there is no spiritual trait, only the law of murder and terrorism

Old 07-21-2017, 11:31 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post

I believe that Christ has abolished all the texts of biblical law,
That's very interesting. How so?

Old 07-23-2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That's very interesting. How so?
Briefly
There are two parts of the Torah
The first is special in the children of Israel and their relationship with the people surrounding them

The second is their relationship with God
No spiritual side
And the most important staff are the Ten Commandments
It is a common essence between Judaism and Christianity
Christianity is taken into the literary law
And interested in it
Other laws rely on the spirit of these teachings
It does not recognize any text that contradicts the Christian spirit
I believe that tolerance and love are the most important features of a Christian
The European culture has been over the past centuries derives from these teachings also
But in the middle of the last century, the Europeans began to deny these foundations in their social upbringing
And a departure away from these Talaim but still in his heart seeds
This shows in his tolerance of immigrants
But the good European does not know that the immigrant to his country carries the teachings of hatred
I do not feel it, and I think the Europeans today must know that tolerance can accept the loss of your identity, personality and history
The European identity is that every country has cultural specificity
But it is compatible with the European community
But the entry of a new element, the Islamic Courts, may be the beginning to foster a dangerous social and cultural divide within European societies
It is the beginning of future conflicts

Old 07-24-2017, 09:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Most recent immigration into the UK has been Eastern Europeans, do you know what percentage of current immigration is Muslim? To be honest I don't but perhaps we should have the facts? Despite what you may think you can't simply turn up at Dover and waltz into the country just because of your religion, a persons religion isn't an issue when it comes to immigration because the UK is a free nation, in other words you are free to practice whatever religion you want. Personally if I had my way I would ban all religions but can you call yourself a 'free' country if you start banning people because of their beliefs? Ultimately it is British law that lays down peoples freedom of choice, if Sharia law became British law then we are in real trouble, stoning somebody because of adultry may well be permittable in Sharia law but it certainly isn't in British law the issue seems to be making sure that anybody that breaks the law (whether their religion believes its lawful or not) is punished by the British courts.
The EU cannot have Nationalities... They found it hard to rule over them with an iron fist.
The EU is going through the same struggles the USA has, as the Central government takes so much power & liberty from the States.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:36 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As long as it's in Britain, it ain't our problem.

They can handle the Islamic situation in their country any way they choose. Just keep it over there.

England is Visa Free to travel to USA. Islamization of England means Musims Visa Free entering USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies