Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,191,390 times

Advertisements

I have think Jr didn't really understand the story behind the US stopping adoptions as retaliation on US. HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT TO THE STORY OF DIRT ON HILLARY.
Saying anything about Russian babies just got people digging in that direction. He didn't understand what were the Russians hoping to gain by helping Trump. The Magnitsky Act explains it all.

Magnitsky Act: Why Russian adoptions discussed at Donald Trump Jr. meeting - Business Insider

Collusion : Trump says everyone digs up dirt on there opponents. But with a foreign power. Maybe not. But if Russia wanted something in exchange, like rescinding the Magnitsky Act, then that would be collusion. Then the Russians and Trump would
be getting something of value, not cold hard cash but value. From what I heard today that would be collusion.

I was at first hoping beyond hope DT would do some good. Never a fan, but I am losing hope.

I did call Trump being elected "The Jesse Ventura Effect" because most of us were sick of the career politicians and you know what happened in Minnesota.

Anyway, try not to beat me up too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 07:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Agreed ... 100%

Quid Pro Quo

Old 07-19-2017, 02:37 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,191,390 times
I didn't proof read very well. First sentence should read:

I have think Jr didn't really understand the story behind the Russians stopping adoptions as retaliation on US for the Magnitsky Act.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:19 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I didn't proof read very well. First sentence should read:

I have think Jr didn't really understand the story behind the Russians stopping adoptions as retaliation on US for the Magnitsky Act.
By meeting with Russians to discuss adoptions/sanctions, Trump Jr. was attempting to negotiate foreign policy when neither he nor his father were in a legal position to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies