Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 07:47 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
With regard to the video posted by 8won6 - I can certainly see why the mother was mad. The cop's response of, 'Why don't you teach him not to litter?' was ridiculous. Then when she said whether he littered or not doesn't give him the right to put his hands on her son, he asks, 'Why not?' Doesn't he know that what she's stating is correct and is the law?

The cop acted like the man had done nothing wrong, then when she got irritated, turned it back on her again asking why she was yelling (he hasn't heard yelling) at him, even going so far as to threaten her with taking her to jail.

The daughter just turned her back on him to say something to her mother and all hell breaks loose.

This is ALL on this cop.
Yeah. Pretty much.

My only comment is that there is no evidence that the man touched the child. Not blaming the Mom for being angry when her boy said that he was choked. But, without evidence, there really isn't much anyone can do about that claim.

But, the cop handled the situation very poorly.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm definitely on the side of this woman, because the default position for me is to stand with the citizen over these incompetent authorities until I get evidence to persuade me otherwise.
Well, that's sad.

I'm willing to wait for the facts to come out before I form any opinion.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:52 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
The worst thing about it is the cover up and lack of information from the city leadership (all liberal trash) because the incompetent cop was a Somali and their wet dream for Sargent to show the world how progressive they are. Makes me sick, they won't even answer the family's basic questions.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Yeah. Pretty much.

My only comment is that there is no evidence that the man touched the child. Not blaming the Mom for being angry when her boy said that he was choked. But, without evidence, there really isn't much anyone can do about that claim.

But, the cop handled the situation very poorly.
We're not always going to have video. Given the fact that the guy didn't deny it, and she said it loudly enough for him to hear, I'm going with Mom on this.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
TallBull, cops shoot black males at a higher percentage given their population, but it's too bad there's no list of white people who have been shot by cops. I posted several youtube videos a month or two ago. All cases I'd never heard of because the media didn't care.

I'm surprised we're hearing about this one.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:00 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Allot of mention of race.

What about gender?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:02 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Allot of mention of race.

What about gender?
Less than 1% of police shooting victims are female. It's a war on men.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:07 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
There were two Black jurors who both found Yanez 'not guilty'.
this !

Old 07-18-2017, 08:12 PM

224 posts, read 134,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Wrong. The criminal justice system is about criminals. The fact is poor people are more inclined to commit crime. The real conversation ought to be, how can we as a society help the poor, so they're not so desperate that they're committing so much crime.
Yeah, people like Bernie Madoff, Kenneth Lay, Scott Rothstein, and Bernie Ebbers are a bunch of poor lowlife criminals.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:18 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. This.

There is nothing at all to go by in this story that will tell you what happened. It actually seems most likely that this was a complete accident, by a careless gun handler.

But we don't know yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And why would the cop have the gun in his hand while sitting next to his partner in the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If it is an accident, the surprise from the first shot could induce a second just from reflex. I am not saying that is what happened but the possibility is there. Reflex causes a significant amount of unintentional discharges. That is why never finger on trigger until you are on target and know what is behind it.

Another thing, I can't believe a cop would intentionally shoot over his partner and through a door unless he is a complete lunatic.
Not an accident...

Mpls. police officer who shot, killed woman identified | KARE11.com

"Noor is currently on paid administrative leave, along with the other officer that was on scene. The second officer has been identified as Matthew Harrity, according to his attorney Fred Bruno.

Bruno said Harrity was driving the squad car and Noor was in the passenger seat. Police sources tell KARE 11 Noor reached across Harrity and fired several shots out the window, striking Damond."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies