Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 06:53 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times

Advertisements

This is the most fantastic happening, the Yahoo quotes fuels my soul with it's hypocrisy.

"Where's BLM now?"
"See! We're not protesting and rioting"
"How could this cop make such a reckless decision, she wasn't doing anything!"

It's amazing how empathy don't work when the color is a few shades darker.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Well we havent heard any of these scenarios with the muslim cops in NYPD, but anything can happen. We will see if this guy confesses anything in court...

The only thing we're likely to hear is that he was startled, he felt his life was at risk, blah blah blah. I doubt we'll hear more than the usual drill.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:02 PM

588 posts, read 561,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I hope this is real.
That's the intersection of Snelling and University in Saint Paul. I may have to get over there to check it out, see if it is for real.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:07 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The only thing we're likely to hear is that he was startled, he felt his life was at risk, blah blah blah. I doubt we'll hear more than the usual drill.
I find this thread sad for many reasons. We had an earlier thread on this situation that didn't go where this one has and it was closed. The powers that be allowed a thread that's only goal was to make this about race stay open. They even merged threads that wanted to stay away from that angle into this one. Makes you wonder.

The officer in Texas that shot the young black teen in Texas was white. There was and has been no justification offered for that so far. The officer that shot a black man while he was running away and lied about it was white.

I do not believe the police chief's were forced to step down in either instance.

It's sad that so many want to discuss the racial/cultural aspect when that is clearly not the problem. We have people that have no business being police officers on the streets. They are black, white, brown and more.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/20/n...-brooklyn.html

Old 07-23-2017, 07:09 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
That's the intersection of Snelling and University in Saint Paul. I may have to get over there to check it out, see if it is for real.
Probably better hurry. I doubt the city leaves it up.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:22 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I do not believe the police chief's were forced to step down in either instance.
I completely believe it could go either way.

You think the two chiefs are running from the problem? I wonder what they arent telling.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:25 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Absolutely not. He was trained by cops, possibly with the shoot first mentality, he had his gun out ready to shoot, he shot carelessly, thats the only thing that made him do it. Trying to excuse police brutality as muslim or jihad is lazy.
Current LE training does expound on use of lethal force. Everything related to modern LE in the US does from training to various firearms publications that focus on cops. Gun and weapons for law enforcement is a focus that sells rags. Featuring articles by renowned weapons trainers, former LE or military largely, hammer use of lethal force endlessly.

Articles in these publications range from combat ha dgun all the way to long range sniping and everything in between. As I have previously stated an average LE officer on patrol carried a high capacity handgun with around 75 rounds of ammunition on their belt. Depending on caliber, the 9mm being predominant. Officers have been known to exhaust that on a single suspect. Multiple officers, and said suspect may have only fired once themselves.

I actually witnessed such a confrontation, and this was no big city but rather a small town of around 3000 people. And the Chief of police himself was involved. I've little confidence in cops and the this incident far more than seals it for me. I don't even want to get into color barriers being as applications of lethal force by LE have not made any such distinctions at all. 80 year old White males have been shot to pieces alongside 20 year old Black males with equal enthusiasm.

Noor, being a Somali, may have been given preferential consideration in the same vein combat veterans of our own armed forces are. For an ingrained conditioning to use lethal force. It's entirely plausible. Given his background kground reinforced by LE training I question his judgment. His mentality is obvious. It surely seems he was aching to shoot someone. And he did.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:03 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Some of these incidents remind me of what Christopher Dorner talked about in his manifesto. He was that LAPD cop that got fired for reporting excessive force and then ironically went on a killing spree (what a hypocrite). Even though he was a killer and nuts, I always felt like their were some truths in his ramblings. He was quite the whistle blower. Anyway, while searching for Dorner, the cops shot an elderly Chinese woman and a surfer.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Some of these incidents remind me of what Christopher Dorner talked about in his manifesto. He was that LAPD cop that got fired for reporting excessive force and then ironically went on a killing spree (what a hypocrite). Even though he was a killer and nuts, I always felt like their were some truths in his ramblings. He was quite the whistle blower. Anyway, while searching for Dorner, the cops shot an elderly Chinese woman and a surfer.
I brought that up earlier in the thread. The cops shot two women in a van who were delivering newspapers, and claimed they thought someone was shooting at them, when all they really heard was the sound of newspapers hitting the driveway.

They were both injured and settled for $4.2 million.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:43 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Current LE training does expound on use of lethal force. Everything related to modern LE in the US does from training to various firearms publications that focus on cops. Gun and weapons for law enforcement is a focus that sells rags. Featuring articles by renowned weapons trainers, former LE or military largely, hammer use of lethal force endlessly.

Articles in these publications range from combat ha dgun all the way to long range sniping and everything in between. As I have previously stated an average LE officer on patrol carried a high capacity handgun with around 75 rounds of ammunition on their belt. Depending on caliber, the 9mm being predominant. Officers have been known to exhaust that on a single suspect.
NVP, That is scary. If they are "hammering" deadly force training in the cops heads to sell rags, the NRA is pushing this as well, how can some cops NOT look forward to using their guns? So now you have this dichotomy for guys that visit the range on the regular, whether required or not, possibly looking forward to the excitement of using their guns in the field, is that guy worried about killing someone or not? Has he felt the guilt of taking a life yet, or does he have no idea how that feels and is wondering? Im sure most dont go out looking to kill someone, but do they go out looking forward to using the guns?

Mike, this will be another focus of an additional thread Ill have to make. The rags and training is something that isnt often shown in all the media. All these rags have websites, Im going everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies