Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 12:26 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
You think he found them full of "informed info"?
No, I don't.

More like full of "you can keep your doctor" BS, with some pellets of "community organizer" and strands of hair from being the tail of the dog that was wagged for him.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
I fixed my typo before you posted. See the timeline. LOL

Shall we look over your posts for grammar and punctuation and spelling?

Let us start with your improper use of the "ellipsis". Oops!
If you need to.

Keep shaking and baking!

Old 07-26-2017, 12:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8Y6uPH-R4

Then why bother to ask where I thought you were if it's "nunya"?

I can't help you if you can't see it.

I never said the cops should have done what they did after RK finally subsided.

It was disgusting.

If you want a jury of your peers, deal with it.

Don't drag innocents out of their cabs and drop cinderblocks on their heads because the jury didn't go your way.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8Y6uPH-R4

Then why bother to ask where I thought you were if it's "nunya"?

I can't help you if you can't see it.

I never said the cops should have done what they did after RK finally subsided.

It was disgusting.

If you want a jury of your peers, deal with it.

Don't drag innocents out of their cabs and drop cinderblocks on their heads because the jury didn't go your way.
Of course you backed the Cops in his beating. You all but said so explicitly. Now you're trying to play it off.

Moreover, I wasn't for people dropping bricks on anyone's head, accept the cop's heads. That's who the crowds should've went after.

That said, if folks in South Central had just accepted the verdict, those cops wouldn't have seen a day in prison. Rioting was the only way the law would make sure that those cops paid for their actions. Folks like you just want docility, but you can forget about it.

However, no one should've laid a finger on Denny. Those thugs went to prison for that. You didn't want the cops to go to prison for beating King!

Old 07-26-2017, 07:13 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
One of the most disgustingly shocking things shown on television - and the first sign that something wasn't quite right with at least ONE police department WAS the Rodney King case. How can some of you sit here and act like it was justified?

It's the job of the cops to apprehend those who are breaking the law. It is not their right to be judge and jury, to dispense any type of punishment upon the person they've apprehended. To engage in such activity is an abuse of power and is criminal activity in itself.

This is such a simple concept that even young children understand it. Why can't you? I suspect if one of your children was stopped for speeding, started to run once cornered, and looked like beaten Rodney King did the next time you saw him - that you'd have a huge problem with it. Don't pretend you wouldn't.

No matter what your feelings are about any person or any group of people, cops do not have the right to do anything beyond apprehending a person using the minimum amount of force necessary to do so.

Anyone saying a person 'deserves what they got' should do some serious soul searching.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:29 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
One of the most disgustingly shocking things shown on television - and the first sign that something wasn't quite right with at least ONE police department WAS the Rodney King case. How can some of you sit here and act like it was justified?

It's the job of the cops to apprehend those who are breaking the law. It is not their right to be judge and jury, to dispense any type of punishment upon the person they've apprehended. To engage in such activity is an abuse of power and is criminal activity in itself.

This is such a simple concept that even young children understand it. Why can't you? I suspect if one of your children was stopped for speeding, started to run once cornered, and looked like beaten Rodney King did the next time you saw him - that you'd have a huge problem with it. Don't pretend you wouldn't.

No matter what your feelings are about any person or any group of people, cops do not have the right to do anything beyond apprehending a person using the minimum amount of force necessary to do so.

Anyone saying a person 'deserves what they got' should do some serious soul searching.
Yeah, the cops went over the line in the Rodney King case. Especially the cop Powell, who was literally just teeing off on King. Looked like he was practicing his golf swing. Then when the crap hit the fan after the verdicts the cops got the hell out of Dodge.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:36 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree with everything you said here.

There have been dozens of white victims of police brutality, and those cases go under the radar! That's why I've never understood why whites have never been stronger advocates against police misconduct. African Americans and Latinos have been screaming from the rooftops for years about this stuff.
Thank you! I think the problem is these cases are so under the radar that white people are ignorant that it happens and they believe the old narrative of 'they didn't comply'. If I didn't go digging and looking for this information based on what I've learned here on c-d, I wouldn't have it either.

Let's look at the drill here though. We've got a government bringing drugs into poor black neighborhoods (this has been proven, folks, this isn't conspiracy), we've got government programs under the guise of helping poor people that do nothing to help get them out of poverty, it simply enslaves them, and we have government influenced media who seem to ignore the cases of cops killing whites so that all people see are cops killing black males with the cops version being told unless someone captured it on video. If you're not paying attention, not 'digging for information', the takeaway is that black males are poor and violent and resistant to being policed in any way. They're thugs.

What the hell is really going on???

Old 07-26-2017, 08:57 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thank you! I think the problem is these cases are so under the radar that white people are ignorant that it happens and they believe the old narrative of 'they didn't comply'. If I didn't go digging and looking for this information based on what I've learned here on c-d, I wouldn't have it either.

Let's look at the drill here though. We've got a government bringing drugs into poor black neighborhoods (this has been proven, folks, this isn't conspiracy), we've got government programs under the guise of helping poor people that do nothing to help get them out of poverty, it simply enslaves them, and we have government influenced media who seem to ignore the cases of cops killing whites so that all people see are cops killing black males with the cops version being told unless someone captured it on video. If you're not paying attention, not 'digging for information', the takeaway is that black males are poor and violent and resistant to being policed in any way. They're thugs.

What the hell is really going on???
And then there's the rest of the drill.

The media ignores whites getting killed by cops, people are distracted by blacks getting killed. The governments hide how they work the entire system so that when cops kill people they absolve themselves of the responsibility.
The DA and prosecutors work with the cops, so they don't let them get convicted, the laws are twisted in court preventing convictions, And they make it look like the jury decided it. If it even goes to the jury.
People still don't realize this is going on, and the scam goes much higher than the cops themselves. The DA decides if a special prosecutor should be used in officer involved shootings, and of course they are rarely used.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:05 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Of course you backed the Cops in his beating. You all but said so explicitly. Now you're trying to play it off.

Moreover, I wasn't for people dropping bricks on anyone's head, accept the cop's heads. That's who the crowds should've went after.

That said, if folks in South Central had just accepted the verdict, those cops wouldn't have seen a day in prison. Rioting was the only way the law would make sure that those cops paid for their actions. Folks like you just want docility, but you can forget about it.

However, no one should've laid a finger on Denny. Those thugs went to prison for that. You didn't want the cops to go to prison for beating King!
There's no way I can back the cops in the RK case. I remember that one well. At the time it happened I was a LOT younger, and the Internet wasn't accessible to me. So I missed a lot of relevant information. I know I was hot as forged steel over Denny, a d over the riots as well. But neither me or anyone I knew was supportive of the cops. King may have been a varmint, but what the cops did was still seriously and deliberately over the top. After having now been privy to a lot of details in that case, I don't see how anyone could say the cops involved should have been cut loose. Moving the venue to Simi Valley for the proceedings? Gimme a break bere.

But I don't back the riots either. I don't care how angry people were. It served no purpose in drawing proper attention to the case and just fueled more anger. When totally innocent people are brutally attacked and grievously injured for no better reason than blatant ignorance that seals the deal for me. The tension on the streets, nationwide, we're so thick you needed a bolo to hack through it. It was made impossible not to take a side on color lines. If you were White, you were a target. Regardless of your views on things. Guilt by birth.

What can be done with that? It was like dealing with wild predatory animals gone blood drunk. No reason or rational thought at all. And the cops now have even more reason to act like forward deployed combat personnel. Who aren't restrained by ROE based on Hauge and Geneva rules. They are armed just like soldiers, but can and do use the most devestating ammunition designed for maximum terminal performance. You think Black Talons went away? Lmao. Not hardly.

Ammunition used by cops precludes any gunshot injury being a simple case for any trauma surgeon. They are very gunned up and getting more so. I would like to know what ammunition Noor was loaded with. What parameters Minneapolis PD sets for ammunition. Most police agencies use pretty serious stuff. As cops say it "serious social work." There's a good reason I bowed out of helping train LE with our local group. A Sheriff's SGT bowed out with me. He became a paramedic and I just went back to focusing on my personal competition. Interacting with my fellow "civilians." This is not a racial issue. Maybe it was once but that is long past. That aspect is just a diversion. Plain a d simple. And it's working.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:18 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,597 times
I still have to put in work to do this but, I really want to hold rallies to tell people in the ghettos what to do with these challenges they are faced with government.

I understand they get frustrated and riot because they don't know what else to, they need to be educated on what to do and how to get the results they want without the violence. What to do to get city hall to listen to them, maybe even the Supreme Court. I know I dont want to see anyone else get killed. No one is looking up what the issues are and why they are happening, or they are and aren't telling anyone. I know I post the info for Graham vs Connor in plain English all over Facebook posts that I see about shootings and they get glossed over. The answers are so simple, but people need this shoved in their faces until they get it.

Of course I would also advise on how people can look at themselves and see how they can improve from within. There's people on both sides making everyone look bad. I think things can change if people understand what's going on and exactly what to do, they just need the info.

Unfortunately rap songs talking about prosecutors with girls shaking booties won't cut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies