Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:39 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

well, the sad truth is that Republican party no longer belongs to "fellow conservatives."

Small government anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
This may not be too optimistic but if nothing else it showed the true colors of our elected legislators. So now we know what they are made of and can put our hopes and efforts forth in a realistic manner.

Not much but...

Now if the house rolls out a tax cut and reform bill upon which they have been working while the senate has been getting all the attention taking the heat; I would say 'well played'.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:19 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, the sad truth is that Republican party no longer belongs to "fellow conservatives."

Small government anyone?
Yes, please. Smaller Federal government....more local control and oversight. Thank you.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
As it stands, the chance of a straight repeal of ObamaCare is not looking good. Susan Collins just needs to go ahead and switch over to the Commie democratic party. I'm so sick of these moderates campaigning on a repeal of ObamaCare, voting to repeal under Obama, and then chickening out under Trump. My patience is wearing out with these clowns. McCain, McConnell and a few other incompetent senators need to be in an old folks home. I'm fed up with these establishment republicans getting in the way of Trump's agenda. Trump won a bunch of red states in landslide victories against Hillary, and carried a few republican senators across the finish line in the process. You figure they would start to get a clue. Besides Trump doing what he can at the executive level, I'm not seeing much progress at all. To be honest, if it weren't for the potential of Trump getting a couple more Supreme Court picks, I probably wouldn't vote GOP in the 2018 races.
Now, now, once you giveth it's hard to taketh away. The left is perfectly happy screwing the people stuck paying outrageous premiums as long as they get their welfare healthcare., Obamaphones were nothing compared this the healthcare welfare handout.

Obama!

Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
There is no GOP. Just a bunch of self-centered politicians concerned solely about themselves. same as the Democrats.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
OP, did you honestly believe Trump when he said he had a plan to repeal and replace Obama care? And did you think he was capable of negotiating to get it done?

It was clear from the beginning that Trump is a liar and a cheat and that the GOP wasn't going to do squat about Obamacare. Do you still think Trump is going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it? Bring back coal jobs?

Old 07-18-2017, 09:03 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Now, now, once you giveth it's hard to taketh away. The left is perfectly happy screwing the people stuck paying outrageous premiums as long as they get their welfare healthcare., Obamaphones were nothing compared this the healthcare welfare handout.

Obama!

If they repeal the ACA you can look for your healthcare expenses to double.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:10 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Well, Rand Paul who I called myself a fan of recently blocked "Obamacare light" only to end up with Obamacare and most likely govt run healthcare in the next 10 years.

I wish I could give you good news but the lack of agreement between republicans is downright embarrassing.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:12 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If they repeal the ACA you can look for your healthcare expenses to double.
Bold statement, are you saying ACA has kept cost down? Check the facts

Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
This is entirely the Republican voter's fault. Everyone was against the "establishment," yet voted to re-elect the same Republican members of Congress which you all complained about for the past 7 years. You thought it would only matter at the executive branch, not the local and state level.

You fell for Trump's sales and deal making gimmick which has turned into nothing more than a sham. He simply doesn't have the savvy to work with politicians, and is unable to persuade the corporately-controlled Republican congress to pass any meaningful legislation for the "working man" who put him in office.
^^^^ Very accurate comments. I was a Republican most of my life, but I got turned off by the party being populated by a bunch of sour old men whose only goal in life was to obstruct the other side from getting anything done. They didn't give a damn if it was something that might actually be good for their constituents, their only goal was to beat the other team down.

I've made the comment that you never see a GOP leader smile, and that is the truth. They are simply so set in their ways that they will not consider even trying to work across the aisle. They also have to spin things without ever giving a straight answer.

Trump came along at a perfect time. A lot of people were so fed up with the BS that they saw Trump as a guy who talked like them and said the words they were secretly thinking, but afraid to say aloud. He was also a thorn in the side of every politician, and they loved that aspect of his personality........he was a way to rub their noses in the dirt.

But, as sandsthetime said, Trump talked a good talk but had no experience or substance to back it up. That is why we are seeing the total mess and crisis we are seeing in DC today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies