Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 09:23 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times

Advertisements

His own words...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 09:24 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
That wasn't one of the options available when they rolled out the ACA.

I had two options. One at $1500 per month with a 5K Deductible and one at $1650 per month with a 4K deductible.

The third option was select one of these two options or be in violation of the law.

Stick a fork in that freaking pig....aka ACA.
I know it wasn't part of the ACA, just might be a partial solution moving forward. The senate plan is pretty much the same numbers you indicated above for someone over 55.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:29 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I did have better and cheaper insurance before Obamacare.

Much better and much cheaper.

Democrats own this abortion 100% as far as I'm concerned.

They should have left well enough alone and kept government out of healthcare.

But like everything else, they're not happy unless they're growing government and paving the road to Hell with good intentions.
It wasn't well enough before. The system was in crisis. O-care shifted the crisis. We can't just shift it back.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
1) Health insurance helps pay for healthcare. It limits what you have to pay for procedures. It may drive up costs in some areas because hospitals know they can milk the insurers dry, but it can prevent medical bankruptcy. In fact, Obamacare has cut new bankruptcy filings in half. How Obamacare Helped Slash Personal Bankruptcy by 50% | Money

2) Trump owns it whether he likes it or not. He is in charge. What happens to Obamacare now is his fault. If it fails and millions lose health insurance and we see pre-existing conditions allow people to be kicked off insurance, that is on him. He has blamed Democrats (whom didn't even sink Obamacare repeal/replace) and a few Republican holdouts (who actually sink repeal/replace.) Truml is "the master of the deal, yet don't want to compromise to help the American people after running on giving better healthcare coverage. Trump not owning it is like his many failed businesses, except he can't bankrupt us.
I never heard a desire by the Electorate to increase the Premiums of HUGE SWATHS of people by $500-$800 per month so a handful of people don't file Medical BK.

Who gives a rat if a handful (or 100,000) of people file medical BK. (They stiff the Medical industry who then pass the cost on to EVERYONE - not just a handful). Even in BK, the home is protected, the 401K is protected, the Cars are protected. Heck, a few million people file BK every year for all sorts of reasons.

Instead the ACA allowed one small segment of the population (those without employer insurance who make over 50K per year) to see their premiums to go up $500-$1000 per month so the Medical Industry (& Health Insurance industry) didn't have to deal with a few medical BKs. It was nuts.

ACA caused millions of middle class families to have 10K - 20K LESS disposable income every year. It cost my family over 50K the past 3 years.

Oh....and our overall medical expense was probably 2K per year.....ZERO trips to the hospital. You're Welcome Obama.

Don't call crappy insurance healthcare.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I know it wasn't part of the ACA, just might be a partial solution moving forward. The senate plan is pretty much the same numbers you indicated above for someone over 55.
So what if you're 52? or 51?

They're moving deck chairs around on the Titanic.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:41 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump still does not understand that he is responsible for failing to promote Trumpcare, failing to sell Trumpcare to the public and failing to keep his party in order.

Oh.....so you mean Trump should lie about the Republican plan the way Obama lied about the ACA?

And then demand that Republicans vote in lockstep for a bad bill just so they can get SOMETHING passed?

You know, like Democrats did?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:43 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
"We're not going to own it." - Trump's stance on healthcare

Can someone draw Donny a map? He'a apparently confused the corner office where he could do virtually anything and have a group of toadies pat him on the back saying 'Good job!' with the Oval Office where that's just not gonna fly.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:55 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet did you have good health insurance with stable rates and not changing insurance to keep your doctor year to year before Obamacare?
Yes.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes.
Me too... my insurance was great before Obamacare... and the increases were pretty unnoticeable... Obamacare premiums have been staggering in comparison... I never had to shop for doctors before either... I never had to shop for health insurance EVERY year before...

Old 07-19-2017, 09:58 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yep.

Democrats have been very outspoken today about working with Mitch McConnell on a bipartisan fix of Obamacare. But Trump and republicans would rather let it fail, which would screw over about ten million people.

I say again - Democrats have been saying all day today that Republicans and Democrats should work together to fix Obamacare so people don't lose their coverage. Mitch McConnell will probably refuse.

McConnell and Trump would rather see Americans get screwed over than work with Democrats to prevent it.
Republican politicians should be embarrassed.

Well said and so very sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies