Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 06:46 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times

Advertisements

Trump sucks at being a diplomat. He's in tune to himself, and surprisingly disappoints as a businessman as POTUS. It's like Daddy just gave him a business last November and Donny Boy is a little confused and out of his league, just like....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 06:51 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Default "We're not going to own it." - Trump's stance on healthcare

Sorry Comrade Trump.. BUT when ALL three holders of the Federal Government BREAK something.. They OWN it!! BO had to deal with 8 years of dealing with a Congress who was BENT on making BO look like a failure.. and worked for over 8 years to devaluate him.. I have observed that GOP is great for "Opposition".. BUT it's obvious that since they took over the House in 2010 then the Senate in 2012... Yet THEY did nothing to do ANYTHING that benefited regular American's !!

ANY Party who holds power needs to realize they must work with the opposition .. Apparently GOP were ALL on board with deny bipartisan cooperations!! This lead to BO stating after 2013 ( since he got the playbook of GOP's agenda) stated.. I will now use my PEN!! Many GOP tried to claim "Over-reach".. But Political discourse has to have "Fact-finding" cooperation for such rhetoric. 9 out of 10 rhetoric in the past 9 years were always biased views and unfounded!

Populous voters WANT the Government to WORK.. But the Party in opposition refuses to compromise.. House leader couldn't even utter the word " COMPROMISE"!! That goes back to 2010!!

Just a couple of links back to BACK then~~
https://thinkprogress.org/boehner-i-...e-131314328f01
Quote:
During an interview with incoming House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) last night on 60 Minutes, host Leslie Stahl noted that President Obama has said Boehner will “have a responsibility to govern” as Speaker. “You can’t just stand on the sidelines and be a bomb thrower,” Obama said. “We have to govern. That’s what we were elected to do,” Boehner told Stahl, adding that it won’t involve compromising, but instead finding “common ground”:
STAHL: But governing means compromising.
BOEHNER: It means working together.
STAHL: It also means compromising.
BOEHNER: It means finding common ground.
STAHL: Okay, is that compromising?
BOEHNER: I made it clear I am not going to compromise on my principles, nor am I going to compromise the will of the American people.
STAHL: What are you saying? You’re saying, “I want common ground, but I’m not gonna compromise.” I don’t understand that. I really don’t.
BOEHNER: When you say the word “compromise,” a lot of Americans look up and go, “Uh oh, they’re gonna sell me out.” And so finding common ground, I think, makes more sense.
The GOP's no-compromise pledge
The GOP's no-compromise pledge - POLITICO

Quote:
If Republicans take the House as anticipated on election night, voters can expect to hear the customary talk about coming together with Democrats for the good of the country.

President Barack Obama inevitably will extend a hand across the aisle as well.

But that’s Tuesday. Right now, the tone is a lot different — with Republicans pledging to embrace an agenda for the next two years that sounds a lot like their agenda for the past two: Block Obama at all costs.

And even Obama’s pre-election appeals to cooperation are wrapped in an I’m-still-the-president tone that suggests that Americans will be looking at two opposing camps glaring at each other across the barricades — gridlock all around.

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Old 07-18-2017, 06:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet did you have good health insurance with stable rates and not changing insurance to keep your doctor year to year before Obamacare?
My rates were stable. I had my doc for 15 years, still do, no thanks to Obama care. My health insurance went down hill after the ACA.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:01 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im an independent and I feel that the Dems own the Unaffordable Care Act. They wrote, they passed it without any consideration for the GOP. It was a bad bill turned into a bad law by the Democrats. The Dems own that train wreck lock stock and barrel.
BS. The Republicans submitted a tonneload of amendments to the act that were accepted - and then they rejected their own amendments.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:04 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He's doing his Truman impression. 'The buck stops way way over there somewhere.'

Trump is a total and absolute disgrace to the office of president--a cowardly sleaze who takes responsibility for nothing.

It is hilarious that people think he could get get reelected after this pathetic performance.
It depends who the a Dems put up to run against him in 2020. Trump could win if Dems don't nominate someone who is ethical and pro-American.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:07 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why should Trump, and the Republicans be blamed for the huge failure of Obamacare? Not one Republican voted for it. You guys blamed Bush during the eight years of Obama, and he did nothing like pass the radical Obamacare communist crap.
The GOP refused to work with the Dems and Obama when the ACA was drafted. Actually single payer would have been the way to go. My problem with Obama was he tried to hard to appease the GOP and crafted a flawed bill. But as flawed as it is, it is much better than this GOP alternative.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:11 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump can stop making payments to insurers and totally destabilize the market. He's already threatened to.
I don't believe President Trump can do that by himself.

Now he did say no more stealing to fund Obamacare. I do not expect him to utilize the BO method of funding Obamacare.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet did you have good health insurance with stable rates and not changing insurance to keep your doctor year to year before Obamacare?
I did.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Trump would take the W if the politicians in the House and Senate were able to resolve issues but he won't take the L if they don't.

That says it all -- he's there for taking credit. It's all about the W.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:17 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
I see Cheetoh is blaming Democrats again for obstruction and wants a simple majority vote to pass legislation.

Obama was able to pass his health care law without a single Republican vote. Guess he must be a better negotiator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies