Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:04 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I wanted someone who thought our immigration laws should be enforced.

I did not want someone who said there would be amnesty in the first 100 days of his inauguration. Too bad, because I once thought he had potential.
So you let a single issue drive your vote? Did you really fell immigration was the number one problem this nation faced? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 10:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
This is the man who could have been our President:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/o...alth-care.html

Seems a bit more reasoned than.."We're going to win..bigly!"

"We're going to have a beautiful healthcare for everyone!"
Kasich was a status quo delusional democrat rightfully rejected by the GOP voters in the primary.
He gets an A plus for being a narcissistic hanger on with a liberal like meltdown when reality set in.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:28 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Kasich was a status quo delusional democrat rightfully rejected by the GOP voters in the primary.
He gets an A plus for being a narcissistic hanger on with a liberal like meltdown when reality set in.
Interesting - can you document that "liberal like meltdown" which you say Kasich had? Articles, links, videos? Surely such an incident would not have gone unnoticed in a man who is generally calm and reasonable in his demeanor.

Thanks in advance for providing said links.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
This is the man who could have been our President:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/o...alth-care.html

Seems a bit more reasoned than.."We're going to win..bigly!"

"We're going to have a beautiful healthcare for everyone!"
I would have voted for him over Hillary. But he is a moderate and most republicans don't like moderates

Old 07-18-2017, 10:35 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
John Kasich is a buffoon who was a very poor loser. He should just get it over with and switch parties. Just another RINO.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:38 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
John Kasich is a buffoon who was a very poor loser. He should just get it over with and switch parties. Just another RINO.
I keep hear the term RINO. Maybe conservatives should start their own party then. Personally, I want moderates running our country.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:45 PM

262 posts, read 307,539 times
Well, he looks good now...

So does low-energy JEB!

Old 07-18-2017, 10:47 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I keep hear the term RINO. Maybe conservatives should start their own party then. Personally, I want moderates running our country.
Most people seem to want moderates but we get choices of extremist idiots in each party.

Conservatives should go drink tea at the tea party--they are a waste of our time.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:48 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
It has been my observation that most of the people saying they wished Kasich was president voted for Hillary or Bernie in the primary.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We conceptualize the political spectrum as a line or maybe a two dimensional graph but it's not so simple. Large chunks of the Republican party don't share almost any views with each-other but hold their nose and cooperate because that's coalition building. Kasich had two problems: first, he was no part of the coalition's first choice, so he didn't have a backer. Second, during the campaign he scolded a donor for their (economically right wing) position being unchristian, which made him absolutely unacceptable to a large chunk of the coalition.

For all his problems (which turned out to be even worse in office so far than on the campaign, alas), while the party elite hated Trump he didn't manage to completely alienate any large chunk of the Republican base in the way that Kasich did, and he had a large constituency (non-college-educated moderates) for whom he was the top pick. Which is the weird thing -- for all the rage he inspires on the left (beyond the bipartisan wish that he had a defter touch in general) he was the most moderate candidate with a real chance to win the thing and is in most policy areas to the left of the Republican base (Cruz probably have been the candidate in his absence, Rubio had a good shot, both much more conservative).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies