Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 07:47 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times

Advertisements

A Pentagon study declares American empire is ‘collapsing’ and says we are entering a 3rd post-WW2 period they call "Post-Primacy".
The threats are both military and intelligence (gray wars, fake news, election hacking, swaying opinions...)
..."… the U.S. homeland, individual American citizens, and U.S. public opinion and perceptions will increasingly become battlefields.”

The Pentagon study's main suggestion is, not surprisingly, more US military power.

"All states and traditional political authority structures are under increasing pressure from endogenous and exogenous forces… The fracturing of the post-Cold War global system is accompanied by the internal fraying in the political, social, and economic fabric of practically all states.”

Revolutionary forces, Iran, N Korea are....“… neither the products of, nor are they satisfied with, the contemporary order… At a minimum, they intend to destroy the reach of the U.S.-led order into what they perceive to be their legitimate sphere of influence. They are also resolved to replace that order locally with a new rule set dictated by them.”

In response to the question "“What do you perceive to be the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) top 5 potential surge military demands between 2017-2027?” they came up with the list below:

Strategic Deterrenceand Defense
• Perceived Loss of Nuclear/Tech Advantage
• Future Gulf Nuclear Stand-Off
• People's Republic of China/Russian Counter-Space Campaign

Gray Zone/Counter-Gray Zone
• Russian Gray/Black Campaign Against the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Member States
• People's Republic of China Gray/Black Campaign to Seize Taiwan
• Russia/People's Republic of China/Iran Gray/Black Campaign Against U.S. Global Position
• Regional Iranian Hybrid War

Access/Anti-Access
• RussianBaltic Counter-Access Campaign
• People's Republic of China Counter-Access Campaign

Major Combat
• People's Republic of China Annexation of the South China Seas and Isolation of Japan/the East China Sea
• Democratic People’s Republic of Korea Conventional/Nuclear Aggression Against the Republic of Korea/Japan

Distributed Security
• Russia Civil War/Loss of Control Over Nuclear Arsenal
• Pakistan Civil Conflict/Loss of Control Over Nuclear Arsenal
• Contagious Pan-Regional Military Engagement Civil Conflict
• Widespread Mexican Civil Conflict/Migration Crisis
• Democratic People’s Republic of Korea Collapse, Civil Conflict, Loss of Control over Weapons of Mass
Destruction
• Turkish Civil Conflict

Influence/Counter Influence
• Competitor Strategic Manipulation of Perceptions to Achieve Favorable Strategic Outcomes
• Effective Cyber/Info Campaign Against U.S. Global Position

Counter-Network
• Transnational Sunni-Shia Sectarian Civil Conflict
• Globally Distributed Terrorist Campaign

Humanitarian Assistance and Consequence Management
• Domestic Public Health Emergency
• Large-Scale Domestic Disaster

https://medium.com/insurge-intellige...g-746754cdaebf

https://ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pubs/...cfm?pubID=1358

Source PDF: https://ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pubs/download.cfm?q=1358
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 07:51 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Both my wife and myself are getting bonuses. House is worth almost a million. The economy is flying along.

Works for me. I'll take it.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:51 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Yowza!

Old 07-18-2017, 08:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A Pentagon study declares American empire is ‘collapsing’ and says we are entering a 3rd post-WW2 period they call "Post-Primacy".
Of course the US empire is collapsing. Empires must continually expand into new Markets, and if they don't, they collapse and die:

Secure access to the global commons and strategic regions, markets, and resources;

See page xvi.

The end-game is for the US to gain control of "Siberia." The US does this by expanding NATO eastwards to box in Russia; reduce Russian influence in the Mediterranean and deny Russia allies by destroying Yugoslavia (accomplished), Libya (accomplished), Tunisia (accomplished), Syria (in progress and Yemen (in progress); then gain control of Iran; followed by control of Central Asia via Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan; then arm "pro-democracy" groups in the eastern Russian republics of Altai, Tuva, Buryatia, Khakassia, Sakha and the Far Eastern Republic to foment revolutions and secessionist movements, which would allow the US to gain political control and set up puppet governments.

Iran, Russia and China are hampering the ability of the US to move forward with its Geo-Strategy.

Without control over those Markets, life in the US will be unbearable with perennial inflation, high unemployment etc etc etc.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Ya, no kidding, katzpaw. Some of us realize this without the Pentagon study. It's gonna be ugly. Arm yourselves.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:04 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Anytime I've mentioned that all empires come to an end, and that the US is very susceptible to the same fate as many previous empires, people look at me like I'm completely out of my mind. Its kind of like trying to convince a 20 year old they should see a doctor once in a while, they cant fathom it.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Both my wife and myself are getting bonuses. House is worth almost a million. The economy is flying along.

Works for me. I'll take it.
Congrats, just one of my houses is worth almost that as well, not to mention the half dozen other ones I own. And that's just my income and assets, I'm not married. I think the country is going down hill, regardless of whether your two income household thinks your one little house is golden and that somehow you're a genius....

Oh, by the way, for such tough talk only to be trumped by someone who has 8 times what you have by himself, you may want to consider a new user name....1AngryTaxPayer and one little house in a two income household that's average for your area isn't exactly some kind of prodigy type success...

Old 07-18-2017, 09:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Anytime I've mentioned that all empires come to an end, and that the US is very susceptible to the same fate as many previous empires, people look at me like I'm completely out of my mind. Its kind of like trying to convince a 20 year old they should see a doctor once in a while, they cant fathom it.

No, I think you are not crazy, simply look at the rise and fall of the Roman Empire to see how a once powerful nation failed.

What I am seeing going on in America right now has me very concerned.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, I think you are not crazy, simply look at the rise and fall of the Roman Empire to see how a once powerful nation failed.

What I am seeing going on in America right now has me very concerned.
At least one other person out there see it. I've been saying it since well before Trump was even in the picture though.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
At least one other person out there see it. I've been saying it since well before Trump was even in the picture though.
For sure. If you look at where we are, crime, drug addictions at epidemic levels, social problems, etc, etc, we are not the country we once were, and that is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies