Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:18 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,996,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Exactly. Nobody else in uniform should know how you vote.

If we recall, nobody even knew Colin Powell's party until he retired.
It still isn't clear yet .

Old 07-19-2017, 10:18 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
and they shouldn't. Freedom of speech for active duty military men/women will get them in big trouble.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:19 AM

221 posts, read 187,339 times
I would. My ancestors fought in every war including the American Revolution. This is my country.

If you don't want to be here OP, there are other countries that will take you.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post

If you don't want to be here OP, there are other countries that will take you.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
It still isn't clear yet .
When you have served under a bunch of different presidents you learn that a good leader worth following into absurd situations is not necessarily a characteristic of party affiliation...you learn not to fall too quickly on your sword for any particular party.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
The draft is no longer an issue.

If the recruiters are filling their quotas why give a rat's ass if posters would fight for the country.

It has been my experience during the Vietnam era that the draft protestors with the biggest,loudest mouths were the ones who flunked their military physical.

Just like the guy who gets rejected by a girl, he is embarrassed she does not want him so tries trashing her to make it appear he never was interested in her.

Yes, I have witnessed this many times in the late 60's.
I agree.

I have a cousin who didn't even pass Army basic training. He belongs to the " I'm so sick of military worship in this country" crowd. lol Everyone knows he is just jealous. Mostly, he is jealous of my brother who served in the Marine Corps with 0321 MOS.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-19-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 07-19-2017, 10:42 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
The draft is no longer an issue.

If the recruiters are filling their quotas why give a rat's ass if posters would fight for the country.

It has been my experience during the Vietnam era that the draft protestors with the biggest,loudest mouths were the ones who flunked their military physical.

Just like the guy who gets rejected by a girl, he is embarrassed she does not want him so tries trashing her to make it appear he never was interested in her.

Yes, I have witnessed this many times in the late 60's.
Having lived through the same era in my youth, I'd say that your views are most peculiar and quite unusual, compared with those of your age peers.

Have you ever spoken with any Vietnam vets who spoke out against the war after returning home? They knew whereof they spoke - and they spoke loudly and eloquently against this useless, tremendously damaging war.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:44 AM

There is a difference between anti-war and anti-soldiers.

Most people know the differences between the two.

Anti-war activists can be warriors too, many of them served.

Anti-soldiers folks are clowns. They'd protest in front of a VA hospital, they don't have the "balls" to protest in front of Marine Corps base.

David A Stone posted

"It has been my experience during the Vietnam era that the draft protestors with the biggest,loudest mouths were the ones who flunked their military physical."

I believe it. They pretend they are some kind of anti-war heroes to hide the fact that they are just ordinary people who are afraid to die. Why not just being honest? Military service is not for everybody.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-19-2017 at 10:53 AM..

Old 07-19-2017, 11:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Anti-soldiers folks are clowns. They'd protest in front of a VA hospital, they don't have the "balls" to protest in front of Marine Corps base.

David A Stone posted

"It has been my experience during the Vietnam era that the draft protestors with the biggest,loudest mouths were the ones who flunked their military physical."

I believe it. They pretend they are some kind of anti-war heroes to hide the fact that they are just ordinary people who are afraid to die. Why not just being honest? Military service is not for everybody.

People like Col. David H. Hackworth were pretty outspoken against the war and never demonstrated any fear about dying.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

David A Stone posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
People like Col. David H. Hackworth were pretty outspoken against the war and never demonstrated any fear about dying.
You need to read my post (especially the bold)

It looks like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies