Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 PM

471 posts, read 825,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
your name suggests you are good at parsing but your response shows you are not.

It is super simple. The OP is saying just because you dont like it, does not mean it is not true.

I don't like wasps, that does not mean they don't exist. do you get it now.

Trump's son meet with Russians and the purpose of the meeting was seeking help from the russian government. DTJ himself gave us the emails, you can read. i can read. lets not pretend this meeting was anything other than Russian intelligence attempting to aid Trump in winning the 2016 US presidential election. they made it very plain.
a foreign government altering the course of a US election is a serious issue and those who aided and abetted may well find themselves on the wrong side of the dock.
now you can argue if that is a crime, but that it happened is a fact and a documented and admitted one too.
How, precisely, did the Russians help Trump win the election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 08:54 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Again I applaud the effort to lighten the mood with humor, well done. Only problem is, as we keep telling you, nobody is claiming Trump and Russia changed the election results. The issue is intent, not the final outcome. If a man gets caught in a police sting operation is he somehow not guilty because the crime never actually took place before he is arrested? No he is guilty because of his intent.

Russia intended to sway the election, we have no idea if they were successful and that is irrelevant. And now we are seeing the Trump camp at the very least had knowledge and attempted to get their help, then lied about it.

The problem is that you have exactly zero proof that Russia made public Podesta's e-mails, and you have even less proof that Trump colluded with Russian state actors to throw the election.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Trump had two scoops of ice cream is just about as serious as this Russian collision story.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:45 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
PRESIDENT TRUMP

say it.......SAY IT.........SAAAY IT!

Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
There would be nothing to investigate if nothing occurred and nothing would be reported in the news about Russia. However it appears that there’s enough smoke to provoke some investigating. Should a crime have been committed then things can move forward, if not it’s nothing to worry about. Very similar to the WaterGate years……… It’s about a “crime†nothing else.

Really?

LOL

What "crime" is it all about?

The only crime I see is horrible journalism!

Old 07-19-2017, 10:31 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
I get it, I really do. So many negative stories in the news, many proved to be false, that you have tuned out every negative story about Donald Trump. You fail to believe anything from the MSM because it looks to you as if their entire mission is to get your boy. Taking a cue from our President you will deny anything ever happened with Russia because you believe it's just another gotcha moment created by the press.

The problem is this Russian investigation is not just a product of an overzealous press. This is very very serious stuff and frankly it is unAmerican to simply blow it off as just more people out to get Trump. Our intelligence community has supported the believe that yes Russia did attempt to interfere with our election. Russia and our election. Read that sentence again, then ask yourself if Ronald Regan would be so quick to dismiss the reports from our intelligence community.

There has also been a lot of smoke concerning meeting with Russia and high ranking Trump officials for months, costing jobs in the Administration. Now we have confirmation from the President's son that a meeting was set up with the specific purpose of Russia interfering in our election. I don't want to hear about American interfering in other elections. The "but everyone else is doing it" excuse did not work with mom when you were 8 and it's not a valid excuse now. This is our election, it's the most important part of our Democracy and it is the subject at hand. Other elections in other countries is not the issue here, this is OUR election.

This isn't about Hillary. It's not about Obama or the election results. It's about the here and now. We "got over" the election results just as you got over them when Obama was elected. We "accepted" them the same way you did, by criticizing the man we didn't support the same way you were critical of the former President for 8 years. Being critical of the President does not mean we have not accepted the election results any more than you being critical of Obama means you didn't.

And finally for God's sake give the "Trump does not lie" thing a rest. There is countless video evidence of his lies and this is not unique. EVERY POLITICIAN LIES. Get that through your head and accept the fact that our current President lies too.

Peace.
Here's a message to the insane out of their minds Left. You were deluded by your Fake News and Fake Polls into thinking you would win in a landslide and the opposite occurred. Now once again you're deluded with Fake confidence based on your Fake News and Fake Polls.

Here's a tip, if you guys ever regain sanity, we will actually listen to what you're saying but for now all we here is Snowflake tears from the results of the last election.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Protesting the war is not the same as supporting the Commies. Oh sure some radicals probably did but to claim that every protestor and liberal was supporting the Soviets is completely unfair and flat out wrong. Stop lying.
Oh, stop it!

Stating an opinion contrary to yours is not "lying"!

Of course not EVERY liberal lefty pinko supported the Soviets. But, many did. When Reagan was predicting the downfall of the Soviet Union due to what he derided as an inferior system, plenty of lefties derided Reagan as being senile and or ignorant. Putzes like Arthur Schlesinger and other intellectuals praised the Soviet system as superior to the US system. When the wall came down, these same intellectuals claimed that nobody could have foreseen the collapse. To this day they cannot bring themselves to credit Reagan for correctly assessing the Soviets and pushing policies to expedite the fall of the old Soviet Union.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 07-19-2017 at 10:49 PM..

Old 07-19-2017, 10:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So in summary,

The general scenario being put forth is that Trumps campaign cheated by getting information from Russia showing that Hillary's campaign had cheated at debates and behind the scenes in the DNC.

On some level, it's both sad and ironic....like some old cartoon where the guy with the poker hand with 5 kings gets beat by the guy with 5 aces.
Or in this case an ace high got beat by a pair of twos.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:09 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Well now hasn't this thread heated up since I left. I understand I poked the bear and would be outnumbered when I started it and have no problem with that. I also understand the loyal support for President Trump (happy now?) and why you would dig in and react to my comments.

But as I said earlier this bunker mentality has made you all completely incapable of admitting the President has ever done anything wrong. And since this is clearly the case how can I take any of your arguments seriously? Everyone makes mistakes, and our President certainly has his share. But if you are unable to acknowledge a single one, even when proven by video, you have zero credibility

So yeah I am enjoying this "mess" the President finds himself in. And you are a fool if you think there is nothing to see and it will be over anytime soon. Those emails were the tip of the iceberg, this will take a long time so buckle up cowboys. It's not a function of CNN, it is a rookie and his rookie staff making rookie mistakes. That's what happens when you elect an amateur to the most important job in the world..

Old 07-20-2017, 07:18 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
your name suggests you are good at parsing but your response shows you are not.

It is super simple. The OP is saying just because you dont like it, does not mean it is not true.

I don't like wasps, that does not mean they don't exist. do you get it now.

Trump's son meet with Russians and the purpose of the meeting was seeking help from the russian government. DTJ himself gave us the emails, you can read. i can read. lets not pretend this meeting was anything other than Russian intelligence attempting to aid Trump in winning the 2016 US presidential election. they made it very plain.
a foreign government altering the course of a US election is a serious issue and those who aided and abetted may well find themselves on the wrong side of the dock.
now you can argue if that is a crime, but that it happened is a fact and a documented and admitted one too.
I've noted that they may have broken laws and that they should be accountable if such can be proven.
Not sure why you're pushing a false narrative that I'm denying they cheated beyond being butt-hurt that you've got to admit Hillary cheated too.

*shrug* I'm waiting for the official investigations to conclude not partisan speculation.

I'm merely pointing out the irony that all the Russians really had to do was inject some transparency into election cheating. There's been handwringing about lots of fluff in order to try not to admit to it but really what hurt Hillary was the exposing of her own actions.

Even with that IMO she still wins that election if her and her supporters crowing of certain victory didn't basically start partying the last few weeks knowing they had it in the bag.

P.S. Again noting I slightly preferred Hillary, voted for neither and frankly I suspect she will strong-arm her way to the 2020 dem nomination (process has already begun unless you're blind) and will beat Trump then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies