Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
In our anti crime unit they had a quota on how many felonies arrests had to be made monthly. You make less than your quota you would find yourself back on patrol and in uniform. No detective track for you either.
Thanks for your honesty on this. No one should be subject to garbage like that. The officers in that unit deserved better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 11:38 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
I trust my local Katy PD, mostly because outside of the occasional stabbing/shooting/robbery from wannabe inner city thugs, almost every major crime is domestic here. They have treated the citizens of Katy with respect and the same has happened to the police department, although their was a recent case in the mall and Sandra Bland. I hope the PD doesn't have quotas for anything but traffic tickets.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Default Baltimore cop accidently records himself planting drugs

Cmon McNulty

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ce-body-camera

Old 07-20-2017, 01:12 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,983 times
I saw this. Not surprised at all.

Obviously this happens and has been occurring since, well, forever. Deal with people on the bottom rung of society long enough and you know who the POS are. So why not take things into your own hands and make your job little easier right?

The only thing that can stop terrible practices like this and innocent people getting blown away from simply calling 911 is a serious clamp down on officers that do this, federal review for major errors and crimes and simply removing the ability for police to police themselves while forcing the use of recording.

In addition to that, better hiring practices, more money to attract some better candidates and pay them well. I know, wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first.

Most police are good people, doing a tough job. I get that.

That said, if you can't get rid of your own bad apples and keep your house clean while you want to be elevated to a status that mostly places you above the law while being trust to run your own internal review of events then there lies a huge problem. No excuse for this type of behavior.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:53 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,339 times
Cops that plant evidence should get the death penalty with no exceptions. And not just the cop that did it, but as in this video the scumbag cops that stood there and watched it happen and did nothing.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:58 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
All cases and convictions based on those three's testimony should be overturned and thrown out. Lawyers are lining up as we speak to re-open cases. Bad dudes will be back on the street.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:30 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
He should be fired for being so stupid, then prosecuted for his crime.

People who abuse their power are the lowest form of humanity.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
For something like this there should be mandatory double sentence of whatever the maximum the person they tried to frame would receive. If this "drug bust" could of resulted in a 10 year sentence he should go to jail for 20. If there is conviction of someone that is framed it should be triple. Same thing for prosecutorial misconduct.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Cops that plant evidence should get the death penalty with no exceptions. And not just the cop that did it, but as in this video the scumbag cops that stood there and watched it happen and did nothing.
I stand with you on that.

Framing someone to take their liberties, is a personal war at that point.

They would not want to do that to me. Because I have the ability to find out where that cop lives and the means to reach out and touch them. If they don't get me some justice, I am capable of getting my own.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
For something like this there should be mandatory double sentence of whatever the maximum the person they tried to frame would receive. If this "drug bust" could of resulted in a 10 year sentence he should go to jail for 20. If there is conviction of someone that is framed it should be triple. Same thing for prosecutorial misconduct.

You take them out of the genepool and society does not have to worry about them oppressing anyone else, ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies