Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The terror attacks were home grown with few exceptions.
I have never been robbed. Never been shot at. Never had a credit card stolen.
That doesn't mean that I don't take precautions. There is nothing wrong with limiting immigration from countries hostile towards our own. There is nothing wrong with regulating immigration based upon the needs of our own country. We don't need to import undereducated people who don't have the means to support themselves. WE produce enough of those ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM

40,934 posts, read 48,994,629 times
Quote:
The terror attacks were home grown with few exceptions. How many refugees were involved in terror attacks.
You think we should be like Europe? Let them in first then watch the attacks ?

Old 07-19-2017, 07:32 PM

52,459 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You clearly ignored the part where the SCOTUS upheld the Hawaii ruling on other family members and visitors being allowed to enter.
salvage whatever crumbs you can find, lil buddy

Old 07-19-2017, 07:34 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,233,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
The Supreme Court just ruled that Trump can enforce the immigration ban, and the order of the court in Hawaii is null. - https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/887719230812168192
Great. That won't p*ss off all the terrorists that are already on American soil. I feel safer already.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,434,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
salvage whatever crumbs you can find, lil buddy
Hmmm...that was just what I was thinking about this thread!
Nothing is settled..just SCOTUS sending it back to the 9th--more to come..and still..Grandpa and Grandma..get to visit Achmed..victory for who???

Old 07-19-2017, 07:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
It was long obvious this is how they would rule.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:37 PM

30,550 posts, read 18,034,734 times
Quote:
You clearly ignored the part where the SCOTUS upheld the Hawaii ruling on other family members and visitors being allowed to enter.
The Court did not uphold the Hawaii ruling, but rather said it would not decide whether to block/allow until after the 9th Circuit has had the chance to rule. And it makes sense. In the Court's first ruling on the matter, it clearly stated that refugees may not use a relocation agency to create a bona fide relationship for the purposes of getting into the US. The Hawaii court's ruling on this issue clearly contradicted the Court's first opinion, hence the stay. Now, as to the other issue, the Court was right to essentially say wait for the 9th Circuit to rule as that issue is one of interpretation (i.e. what constitutes a "close family relationship"). Accordingly, under the normal judicial rules, the next proper step is to the court of appeals, not to the Supreme Court. Having written that, I'm on the side of Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch, and would've reversed all of the initial injunction when the case first made its way to the high court.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:20 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,614,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You think we should be like Europe? Let them in first then watch the attacks ?
are those the only choices, or are you simply trying to make it seem like they are.

Cause i think we could just use the highly improved vetting system brought in a few years back by OBAMA that has worked great.. and is neither evil like trump nor too much like merkal.

But then that would not sound scary would it Rakin? You want to pretend our choices are Trump or germany. But that is FAKE, it is BULL. Our choice is anywhere on that spectrum, Obama had us in a great place. OBAMA brought in "extreme vetting " years ago, it has worked, Trump found out we already had excellent vetting and realized he needed to shut up about it before his supporters found out. (why do you think trump says so little about it)

7 months in Trump has NOT changed our vetting processes, not come up with a plan either. What you are doing Rakin is plain old fashioned fear mongering. I dont know why, maybe its racism , sectarianism or xenophobe, but the the lousy few people we let in are already screen very well and none have turned out to be terrorists , none absolutely none.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:26 PM

62,710 posts, read 28,894,374 times
Quote:
The terror attacks were home grown with few exceptions. How many refugees were involved in terror attacks.

They still had roots from terrorist countries. What difference does it make if they are called refugees? I'm sure terrorists figure out different ways to get into our country.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:27 PM

39,019 posts, read 51,043,821 times
Quote:
Say what? I thought that was what the whole fracas was about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies