Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 12:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Insurance Companies are the biggest death panels of all.

As for Senator McCain, he suffered injuries sustained during Vietnam when he was captured by the enemy, and his family have a long, proud and prestigious naval history (his father has a Arleigh Burke destroyer named after him), so it might be a nice gesture to name a future US Aircraft Carrier in his honour.

I wish him well in terms of any available treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 12:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
McCain unlike so many who are at the mercy of Obamacare has money and influence.

Obamacare or not don't we pay for his healthcare?
Yes!

Old 07-20-2017, 01:13 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
What if unicorns and utopia actually really did exist?

Old 07-20-2017, 01:35 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Would you feel different if we were on Single Payer and they turned down treatment because of his age?

Case in point.... At 80 he's going to die soon anyways, why spend tax $$ for treatments to extend his life 6 months.

IMO that's one of the problems with Govt Healthcare.
A single payer health care system doesn't necessarily mean he would be turned down for treatment automatically due to his age.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I wish Senator McCain the best of health and a full recovery from this cancer diagnosis. But would the Republicans change their tune about Obamacare and the failed Trumpcare bid if Senator McCain was not able to get his choice in treatment because of these laws and the proposed changes to the current healthcare law/s?
I don't care any more about John McCain than I care about Joe Schmoe at my local healthcare center.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:44 PM

224 posts, read 134,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't care any more about John McCain than I care about Joe Schmoe at my local healthcare center.
Best wishes John. You don't care about the poor. Why should the poor now care about you?

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public...y-6th-birthday

Old 07-20-2017, 01:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
I wish Senator McCain the best of health and a full recovery from this cancer diagnosis. But would the Republicans change their tune about Obamacare and the failed Trumpcare bid if Senator McCain was not able to get his choice in treatment because of these laws and the proposed changes to the current healthcare law/s?
d

oho for God sake, this has nothing to do with the health care bill, Don't you think there are Republicans as well as Democrats and others who do not bother to vote that are affected by whatever health care plan that is in place at any given time. May I also add, get with it, life is not always fair. Those with money or contacts will always have benefits the rest of us do not. That is the realism of life. I know some who really think it can be changed, well check how life is in other countries. We are lucky to have all we do. At least most of us do not live like people in third world countries. If you do not believe me, just visit a few other places in the world.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:51 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What if unicorns and utopia actually really did exist?
There is Unicorned life on earth, just not the fairy tale horse.
Narwhal whale

Old 07-20-2017, 02:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
A single payer health care system doesn't necessarily mean he would be turned down for treatment automatically due to his age.
That may or may not be true; we don't really know what would happen, but most likely his age and the type of cancer he would be unable to receive any help from the government. Let's hope we never have to find out what is means.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:10 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
McCain's time in the Senate has made him a multi-millionaire and of course he cheated on his first wife to marry into money that he needed to start his political career.

i.e. He doesn't need insurance.
His first wife was in a car accident and was crippled for life, gained weight and was unattractive to him.. he divorced her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies