Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:59 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Associated Press
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's persistent overtures toward Russia are placing him increasingly at odds with his national security and foreign policy advisers, who have long urged a more cautious approach to dealing with the foreign adversary.
But some top aides, including National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster, have been warning that Putin is not to be trusted. An intelligence officer-turned-politician, Putin is known for steering discussions in his own favor.

The three foreign officials who have spoken with top Trump advisers described a disconnect, or "mixed signals," between Trump and his team over Russia, highlighting a lack of a clear policy. U.S. officials echoed that sentiment, with one saying diplomats and intelligence officials were "dumbfounded" by the president's approach, particularly given the evidence of Russia's election meddling.
Trump's embrace of Russia raises concerns with top advisers

Each and everyone of us needs to be on the phone calling our Senators and Congress person, DEMANDING they charge this TRAITOR with TREASON and remove him from office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
What a great idea !!!
Call you Senators and Congress person at tell them you want to be more like North Korea.

They all have the same ideas and opinions and march lockstep like democrats.

I remember when the issues was Trump would only appoint yes men who would go along with him and not offer different ideas and opinions. That didn't happen so now we have a different outrage because the yes men weren't appointed. Why are the democrats out of power again ? Ask that question too.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:55 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What a great idea !!!
Call you Senators and Congress person at tell them you want to be more like North Korea.

I remember when the issues was Trump would only appoint yes men who would go along with him and not offer different ideas and opinions. That didn't happen so now we have a different outrage because the yes men weren't appointed. Why are the democrats out of power again ? Ask that question too.

ROTFLMBO, that has to be the most PATHETIC & RIDICULOUS spin I have ever seen!

Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
What a great idea !!!

If becoming more like North Korea with it's ruling spoiled brat nutjob were merely the optics you were seeking to use as a comparator ........you really blew it with that choice.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
What a great idea !!!

Yeah, but... trump thought he was getting yes men, and now he's busy complaining about sessions and others, and nobody wants to agree with him. Apparently, even yes-men have their limit.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Associated Press
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's persistent overtures toward Russia are placing him increasingly at odds with his national security and foreign policy advisers, who have long urged a more cautious approach to dealing with the foreign adversary.
But some top aides, including National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster, have been warning that Putin is not to be trusted. An intelligence officer-turned-politician, Putin is known for steering discussions in his own favor.

The three foreign officials who have spoken with top Trump advisers described a disconnect, or "mixed signals," between Trump and his team over Russia, highlighting a lack of a clear policy. U.S. officials echoed that sentiment, with one saying diplomats and intelligence officials were "dumbfounded" by the president's approach, particularly given the evidence of Russia's election meddling.
Trump's embrace of Russia raises concerns with top advisers

Each and everyone of us needs to be on the phone calling our Senators and Congress person, DEMANDING they charge this TRAITOR with TREASON and remove him from office!
What the hell are you talking about?

Old 07-20-2017, 07:01 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
yeah I can see where war with russia is preferable to diplomacy.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:07 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Well there is that saying "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

I'd rather Trump be closer to Putin because that will mean they will not be at odds like Putin and Obama were.
That whole red line in the sands of Syria was a bit scary when Obama stood tough but then no one respected that line and he did nothing about it.

Why challenge Russia? I think Trump is being smart by restoring diplomacy with Putin. I don't care if they talk about world peace, North Korea, Golf or Women. As long as they are talking we can all rest a bit easier.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:09 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
ROTFLMBO, that has to be the most PATHETIC & RIDICULOUS spin I have ever seen!
That's what Trumpers do best. Spin and deflect.

When they refuse to acknowledge what you said, and instead go off on an off-topic rant, that's when you know they're getting desperate.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yeah I can see where war with russia is preferable to diplomacy.
Seeing as our diplomatic and soft power is being destroyed, it's obvious this admin hates diplomacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies