Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times

Advertisements

Paul Congemi, a candidate running for mayor in St. Petersburg Florida, is making huge waves in the news. During a debate he addressed one of his opponent's ideologies about reparations. Saying black people already got their reparations in the form of our former president Barack Obama. To add insult to injury, this dude went on to say if black people don't like it here in America, we could all take a cozy plane ride "back to Africa". Here's the clip.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8H3ATKsqhY

Man, tell us how you really feel! This guy is a joke, but I hope it gives Jesse Nevel much needed media attention. I hope Jesse wins because his entire campaign is centered on reparations. If he wins and makes changes to St. Petersburg, that could mean big things on a national level. It's time for the US to pay what it owes to black descendants of slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 06:45 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Paul Congemi, a candidate running for mayor in St. Petersburg Florida, is making huge waves in the news. During a debate he addressed one of his opponent's ideologies about reparations. Saying black people already got their reparations in the form of our former president Barack Obama. To add insult to injury, this dude went on to say if black people don't like it here in America, we could all take a cozy plane ride "back to Africa". Here's the clip.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8H3ATKsqhY

Man, tell us how you really feel! This guy is a joke, but I hope it gives Jesse Nevel much needed media attention. I hope Jesse wins because his entire campaign is centered on reparations. If he wins and makes changes to St. Petersburg, that could mean big things on a national level. It's time for the US to pay what it owes to black descendants of slaves.

If my grandfather was cheated by his employer out of a few hours of pay, I am not owed the money.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If my grandfather was cheated by his employer out of a few hours of pay, I am not owed the money.
Depending on what kind of work he did for the those few hours, you should. Yet we aren't talking a few hours, we're talking over 200 years of wealth building for this country. We are also talking over another hundred years of terrorism and discrimination that kept us from building our wealth in a critical time here in America. I can't build a business today like I could build it in the 40s. Black people are locked out, and we need our inheritance.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Was your grandfather forced to work for his employer and beaten when he didn't perform up to his standard?

OP, calling that tubby freak a joke is an understatement. Bigots love the 'Go back to Africa' mantra. He's probably a big proponent of the 2nd Amendment, but when it comes to the 1st oh no don't criticize my gubment or get out of my country!

I wish him and every moron that says this would realize that Black AMERICANS are citizens too.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Depending on what kind of work he did for the those few hours, you should. Yet we aren't talking a few hours, we're talking over 200 years of wealth building for this country. We are also talking over another hundred years of terrorism and discrimination that kept us from building our wealth in a critical time here in America. I can't build a business today like I could build it in the 40s. Black people are locked out, and we need our inheritance.
You need to first prove what wealth you would have had if you never left Africa. Most people in Africa have NOTHING even to this day. What makes your family special? Did they own a diamond mine we don't know about?

Old 07-20-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
You need to first prove what wealth you would have had if you never left Africa. Most people in Africa have NOTHING even to this day. What makes your family special? Did they own a diamond mine we don't know about?
The wealth slaves built for this country is real. Black people want their deserved share in that. Anything else is obsolete. The lives of most black people in this country is second class. In fact, black people are living a life of a developing nation in this country. We are in debt up to our eyeballs and unlike white people, we have no net worth. This is the richest nation on the planet, and black people played a major hand in that. We want our cut.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
It's time for the US to pay what it owes to black descendants of slaves.
Please, give us an idea of exactly what it is you are looking for.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
The wealth slaves built for this country is real. Black people want their deserved share in that. Anything else is obsolete. The lives of most black people in this country is second class. In fact, black people are living a life of a developing nation in this country. We are in debt up to our eyeballs and unlike white people, we have no net worth. This is the richest nation on the planet, and black people played a major hand in that. We want our cut.
This country has no wealth. The PEOPLE hold the wealth. I work for a wage. I am only entitled to a wage for work item produced. I am not entitled to any of the company's profits unless I am a stockholder.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Dude thinks 1.6% represents all of Americans. That's a hoot.

https://saintanselmhistory.wordpress...y-and-the-1-6/

What were the famous words, oh ya. You'll get NOTHING and like it

Old 07-20-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Please, give us an idea of exactly what it is you are looking for.
When it comes to reparations, I'm looking for debt relief in college loans and possibly free tuition at HBCUs. Of course that would require the government to provide an endowment to HBCUs for a time. I'm looking for a monetary payment for the descendants of slaves, possibly 20k each. Finally I'm looking for the building of institutions designed to help create black businesses or the further development of black economic opportunity. Again we were shut out during a critical time of economic building in our country in the early 1900s. When we didn't have to compete against big corporations like Wal-mart and so on. It's during this time, and really beginning in the late 1800s, where white people made the majority of their money. We can't go back in time and give black people that same opportunity, but we can give them a boost with the reparations I've mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies