Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Yeah it is "puke"
The kids don't feel this way. How do you know?

My bigoted view?
Get off your everyone is welcome high horse.

Sexual preference does not belong in the schools.
Tax payers do not need to pay for this.
The education system is struggling financially.
Hmmmmmm.....lets see teach students skills to find a job and be literate or teach what transgenders "feel" I will opt for the first!
So better the kids just keep getting bullied into killing themselves, right?

Do you really think that this sort of teaching is new?
Do kindergarten kids not learn to play nice with each other and share their toys, etc.?
Do they not learn to raise their hands and wait for their turn to speak?
To line up and walk in an orderly fashion rather than pushing through a doorway so that no one gets trampled?

How is teaching them to be have empathy for transgender or gay classmates any different?

Nope, I guess you would prefer they follow the Ayn Rand model and teach kids that the weak and different are to beaten into the dust.

Lots of people going to have a lot of explaining to do come Judgement Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 10:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Really you need to educate yourself. Do you think transgender people want to feel this way? How is it possibly ruin basic education???
Mental therapy is the answer.

Affirming their desire to be something they are not only deepens the problem.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:53 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is one of the reasons Trump won. People are getting sick of this crap. What percentage of the population are transgender? Less than 1/10th of 1%. How many are Gay/Lesbian 1% - 3%. Why are we SOOOOO concerned about this crap? VIRTUE SIGNALLING?
Latest study says 1.4 million in the US identify as transgender. That equals 6/10ths of 1%.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/h...opulation.html

Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is one of the reasons Trump won. People are getting sick of this crap. What percentage of the population are transgender? Less than 1/10th of 1%. How many are Gay/Lesbian 1% - 3%. Why are we SOOOOO concerned about this crap? VIRTUE SIGNALLING?
Yeah, they elected a bully-in-chief in hopes of putting aside any ideas of, or attempts to, put an end to their God-given rights to treat people different from themselves like dirt.
Amirite?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:01 AM

404 posts, read 193,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They are children. Why aren't you bothered by the fact that parents are pushing this on to their kids?

You think it's not happening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVmau1cM5TU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJw3s85EcxM

That's utter bs. Kids don't even know what transgender is unless an adult fills their head with that. Instead of allowing the kid to just be, they insist that the kid is trans. A fricken 5 year old doesn't even know who he is, nor does an 11 year old.

And yes, parents DO push the agenda on to their kid. There's no asking, it's total "power of suggestion".

"You like acting like a boy, riiiiiiiight?"

I played with boys toys when I was a kid. I had 2 brothers. They sometimes, rarely, but sometimes played with me and my girl toys. I liked to climb the ropes and do adventurous things when I was a kid. Back then you would have called me a "tomboy", (not really but that's what they would have said), whereas today, some assclown would sit me down and try to convince me that I actually wanted to be a boy.

I also pretended I had glasses and braces because my brothers had those and I was young and thought they were "cool" things to have. Doesn't mean having braces and glasses is cool, or fun, or neat, nor something I, nor anyone else, actually wants to have, permanently.

I direct you to this video only because the full video without a reaction to it was taken down. Lots of backlash from people who recognize that the parents are harming their child here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkmowokr64

Or maybe you would like to hear it from a transgender who disagrees with this bs about children being trans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkcveiCnN44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VihbrehGc

THAT is the problem. It's harming children. They are in for a life of problems, and no matter how "normal" the left tries to make this, it's not normal. It's a very, very small percentage of the population that is legit this way and it's a mental illness. It should not be celebrated as "normal".

This is like people embracing schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder or manic depressives. "Hooray, let's all be bi-polar! You have mood swings, right Nancy? That makes you sort of bi-polar, right? Yeah, it does. Here's to a totally f-ed up life because mommy/daddy couldn't just let you be and grow, realizing that as a little kid, you can want to be a fairy princess one day and a war general the next regardless of what gender you are because YOU'RE A FRICKEN KID AND THAT'S WHAT KIDS DO!"
Our hearts do go out to those poor unfortunate young souls whose sexuality is subject to outward persuasion and psychological manipulation by power tripping parents and for all intents and purposes, bullying by a liberal controlled education system.

They are creating a problem where none existed before : as the trans people I know all embarked on their new lives in their late teen and young adult years. In the words of one per op transgender individual I know " well it is something you always know yourself, nobody pushes you to become what you really are"
So, in effect, trans people know who they are, nothing else needs to be done , especially at a young age to "help them along". All amounting to needless meddling by overzealous social justice warriors trying to elevate the plight of the trans community as emblematic of all that is wrong with our nation.

For the health and safety of all kids, the dangers of overreach by deluded adults and teachers in exerting undue influence in the natural development of young minds can never be overlooked nor ignored.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:08 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Just sickening.
Education's political agenda is pathetic.
I would like to know how much this is costing the tax payers.
This kind of stuff is ruining basic education for our kids.

Gender assigned at birth, puke.

At the bottom of the article, you can click to read the full draft of this.

New Transgender 'Toolkit' Approved by Minnesota Department of Education | KSTP.com
New Transgender 'Toolkit' Approved by Minnesota Department of Education

The Minnesota Department of Education will begin distributing a new toolkit resources to school district on supporting transgender and gender non-conforming students.

The move came Wednesday during a special meeting of the state's School Safety Technical Assistance Council.

July 20, 2017 05:15 AM

The Minnesota Department of Education will begin distributing a new toolkit resources to school district on supporting transgender and gender non-conforming students.

The move came Wednesday during a special meeting of the state's School Safety Technical Assistance Council.

Proponents of transgender rights applauded the move, while opponents warned council members of the problems that would come from allowing schools to pursue policies that would allow transgender students access to restrooms of their choice.

Charlene Briner, deputy commissioner at Minnesota's Department of Education, said the toolkit is not meant as a mandate to schools.

"This is a collection of resources and best practices," she said. "A lot of these decisions are made at the local level by administrators."

She explained the 11-page document is to help guide school boards and school administrators.

"Schools are already dealing with this and they've been asking for some help, because these issues are uncomfortable, both for the community and the families of transgender individuals," Briner said.

The toolkit includes topics to address pronoun use of transgender students, as well as bathroom policies and locker room privacy concerns.
Ruining education...lol. OK.

Children are capable of understand the concept that there are different kinds of people in the world. It is a healthy thing to teach them. Unless, of course, you want them to grow up only knowing about their own background or people like them. Which is fine, if that's your preoperative - but ignorance of the world isn't something to strive for.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Latest study says 1.4 million in the US identify as transgender. That equals 6/10ths of 1%.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/h...opulation.html

Different "studies" say different things, but if it is 6/10th of one percent that is still insignificant. Why should such a small minority control so much of the national, public conversation, and public/educational policy? We have more important things to worry about. Maybe they should check into the nearest Psych Unit, and get the help they need?

It is just feel good, virtue signaling by school board members, administrators, and teachers/teachers unions that want to pander and feel oh so EVOLVED.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
This is adult driven
And adult agenda and politician votes and federal money (tax payers)
It has nothing to do with ignorance like you say.
This has to do with weak adults who want to be accepted by the students.
It has everything to do with your ignorance. It is glaring in every word of your post.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:20 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That is a minority of the medical community. The majority considers it dysphoria now, not a disorder anymore. And I'm sick of the common sense argument. Common sense caused Galileo to be wrongly persecuted.....
Dysphoria is a mental state or mental disease.

It's a psychological aberration.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:39 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So better the kids just keep getting bullied into killing themselves, right?

Do you really think that this sort of teaching is new?
Do kindergarten kids not learn to play nice with each other and share their toys, etc.?
Do they not learn to raise their hands and wait for their turn to speak?
To line up and walk in an orderly fashion rather than pushing through a doorway so that no one gets trampled?

How is teaching them to be have empathy for transgender or gay classmates any different?

Nope, I guess you would prefer they follow the Ayn Rand model and teach kids that the weak and different are to beaten into the dust.

Lots of people going to have a lot of explaining to do come Judgement Day.
you go look at statistics and just tell me how often this type of bullying is going on.

Also, most schools have zero tolerance for bullying. It does slip by for bullying of any reason.
Deal with the bullying and keep this garb out of the education system. It does not belong there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies