Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 05:21 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Or...Trump could be trolling Mueller to waste alot of time and money to investigate nothing. Meanwhile, while the idiotic media dopes will be salivating all over this non story-Trump will be free to continue to help the American people without obstruction.
Like what? What has he done to help the American people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 05:22 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
And where is all this obstruction coming from?

Old 07-23-2017, 05:23 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
How do you know that Trump's finances have nothing to do with Russia collusion until you exam them? Serious question. Please enlighten us.
I'm curious about this myself.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:33 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
How do you know that Trump's finances have nothing to do with Russia collusion until you exam them? Serious question. Please enlighten us.
I too eagerly await enlightenment on this question.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:42 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Good question but I don't expect an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And where is all this obstruction coming from?
Quote:
I'm curious about this myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I too eagerly await enlightenment on this question.
it's like a 'koan' ~ 'what is the sound of 1 hand clapping'?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:07 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Good question but I don't expect an answer.
And how do you know that Trump had anything to do with the Russians? How many months have we heard this BS without one bit of official proof - it's all classified. It wasn't too long ago that we went to war with Iraq the second time for WMD's - that were not there. How many American lives were lost? It wasn't that long ago that we went to war with Afghanistan to catch bin Laden - that was in Pakistan. Another; how many American lives were lost? If the three intelligence agencies, that claim to have proof, do have proof; they had better declassify some of the documents if they want any credibility.

The idea that you can depose a President, on information you hide from the public, does not fit in a democratic society. It isn't only that many of us feel that we are just as quilty as the next guy. It's not like we have not backed other foreign leaders or hacked those we thought were a threat. There is something about the old adage: People that live in glass houses.........

Old 07-24-2017, 06:17 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Yep. Trump is teeing up to fire Mueller.

Wonder if Republicans will cover for him or if Congress will appoint Mueller as their Special Counsel.
I think the republicans will applaud it if trump fires mueller. Much as they applauded when ken starr's digging finally uncovered something against clinton, they really can't afford the same happening now. The whole republican construct is on pretty shaky ground, and the party is fractured enough. The portion of it that unconditionally supports trump will hold sway, just as the tea party folks got to the head of the line when they began to enter congress. Anything to hold it together!

Old 07-24-2017, 06:32 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Mueller will be fired if he releases Trump's IRS info.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:43 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And how do you know that Trump had anything to do with the Russians? How many months have we heard this BS without one bit of official proof - it's all classified. It wasn't too long ago that we went to war with Iraq the second time for WMD's - that were not there. How many American lives were lost? It wasn't that long ago that we went to war with Afghanistan to catch bin Laden - that was in Pakistan. Another; how many American lives were lost? If the three intelligence agencies, that claim to have proof, do have proof; they had better declassify some of the documents if they want any credibility.

The idea that you can depose a President, on information you hide from the public, does not fit in a democratic society. It isn't only that many of us feel that we are just as quilty as the next guy. It's not like we have not backed other foreign leaders or hacked those we thought were a threat. There is something about the old adage: People that live in glass houses.........
Mueller is still investigating, why wouldn't loans from foreign banks be subject to scrutiny. Manafort managed his campaign early on and was heavily connected to Putin's political party, he received payments for millions of dollars for some yet undisclosed work. Some of his personal loans from Oligarchs and bank loans suddenly disappeared, that alone is certainly worthy of investigation. Same goes for Kushner.

I can't believe that we are even questioning that powerful cabinet level people shouldn't be subject to scrutiny when journeymen level civil servants require full disclosure.

Yes we have supported dictators in foreign countries in the past but I wouldn't use that as an excuse for anything present day. Mueller will decide where this leads us in the mean time Trump could do himself and the country a favor and stop commenting as this will more than likely go into next year. Reagan never commented while Iran-Contra progressed which took well over a year, Trump should learn from his example.

I have not heard Muller threatening to depose the president, he has been completely silent.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Mueller is still investigating, why wouldn't loans from foreign banks be subject to scrutiny. Manafort managed his campaign early on and was heavily connected to Putin's political party, he received payments for millions of dollars for some yet undisclosed work. Some of his personal loans from Oligarchs and bank loans suddenly disappeared, that alone is certainly worthy of investigation. Same goes for Kushner.

I can't believe that we are even questioning that powerful cabinet level people shouldn't be subject to scrutiny when journeymen level civil servants require full disclosure.

Yes we have supported dictators in foreign countries in the past but I wouldn't use that as an excuse for anything present day. Mueller will decide where this leads us in the mean time Trump could do himself and the country a favor and stop commenting as this will more than likely go into next year. Reagan never commented while Iran-Contra progressed which took well over a year, Trump should learn from his example.

I have not heard Muller threatening to depose the president, he has been completely silent.
This is the outcome of not questioning our intelligence agencies: (from the Huffington Post): "After 4,486 U.S. soldiers died in Iraq and 2,345 U.S. soldiers died in Afghanistan, 1 million U.S. soldiers wounded in both wars, and a potential cost of up to $6 trillion, a new group like ISIL now causes havoc in the Middle East. Sep 17, 2014".

We had Comey that stated that Trump was not being investigate; but Muller wants to dig for dirt. All I am saying is to cough up or shut up - too much time has been spent on this nonsense. You don't hold America hostage for information that might or might not be true. It isn't like we have not had time to get our people out of Russia that might have information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies