Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 04:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Nobody here in Colorado said illicit drug use is tolerated. You might want to look up stats and stop the propaganda. Hep C is prominent through out the country but you don't want to mention that because you have a special kind of hate towards Colorado.
The hate isn't necessarily Colorado, the hate is on freedoms and the rights of the individual.

Legalize freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 09:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Who knew marijuana caused Hep C?

While most recreational users of opioids/ opiates began their journey's with alcohol and pot, most drinkers and pot users do not use opioids/ opiates , recreationally.

I have very mixed feelings about legalizing marijuana for recreational use.

I do not understand the desire to use substance to relax, take the edge off, numb, feel better or different or more social.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-23-2017 at 09:18 AM..

Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Prescription pills are the gateway to heroin, NOT marijuana.

Conservatives will be quick to blame anything that happens in Colorado on marijuana legalization because they can't live with the fact that people actually have the right to feel good in that state. Sorry, Baptists, but public opinion is moving against you and it will be legal in all 50 states by 2050.
Behind nearly every recreational pill popper is someone who began their journey with alcohol and/ or pot.

Most drinkers and pot users do not move on to hard drugs.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
If you want to attack Colorado prison healthcare, fine.

But don't try to push your agenda saying that "Colorado's liberal drug policy" (legalizing marijuana) has ANYTHING to do with the heroin problem.

Last I checked, heroin is becoming an epidemic across the country, not just Colorado. But the OP, in attempts to push a conservative agenda, tried to sell the idea that Colorado has a heroin problem because of legal weed.

The OP failed to mention that Colorado has the lowest unemployment in the country, and much of that has to do with legal marijuana. Doesn't fit their anti-liberal agenda.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:53 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

But don't try to push your agenda saying that "Colorado's liberal drug policy" (legalizing marijuana) has ANYTHING to do with the heroin problem.

Last I checked, heroin is becoming an epidemic across the country, not just Colorado. But the OP, in attempts to push a conservative agenda, tried to sell the idea that Colorado has a heroin problem because of legal weed.

The OP failed to mention that Colorado has the lowest unemployment in the country, and much of that has to do with legal marijuana. Doesn't fit their anti-liberal agenda.
Exactly!

I am a Colorado voter who voted in favor of marijuana. I personally do not use pot, but I respect the freedom of those who choose to do so.

It's interesting that the OP tries to paint Colorado as some crumbling, druggie wasteland when in fact, the opposite is true. If anything, the economy here is so hot that I wish it would slow down a bit so that housing and infrastructure can catch up. OP, we appreciate your concern, but trust me... we are doing just fine here in Colorado.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I just died of hep c from injecting 6 marijuanas.

Funny the Reefer Madness crowd trying tie this into Colorado's legalizied cannabis considering some of the worst areas for opioid addiction like NW Ohio have no such cannabis available and is hardly a liberal state.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Colorado prisoners with deadliest infectious disease in U.S. denied treatment, lawsuit alleges – The Denver Post

Colorado also has a very high rate of heroin users so I am not surprised that there are so over 2,200 inmates with hepatitis C.

Now, the state seems to be denying effective treatment to people with highly-contagious hepatitis C behind bars

Colorado basically opened a big can of worms by basically telling the nation and world that illicit drug use is tolerated, so now they are up to 2,200 inmates with hepatitis C and the state is refusing effective treatment.

The law of unintended consequences is that Colorado wanted to be ultra-liberal and tolerant when it came to drugs so it is full of gateway drug users who slip into heroin and the corrections systems is falling apart because the state is so overwhelmed with heroin addicts in prison.
So I see you are using the prison population as an indicator for trends for the whole state. That's an interesting statistical sample.

Given your concern for this disease...I thought you would like to read this.
8 States have more issues with this disease than Colorado. Wonder what their excuses are?
Q&A: First U.S. state-by-state analysis of hepatitis C cases | Science | AAAS

Old 07-25-2017, 02:41 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Who knew marijuana caused Hep C?

While most recreational users of opioids/ opiates began their journey's with alcohol and pot, most drinkers and pot users do not use opioids/ opiates , recreationally.

I have very mixed feelings about legalizing marijuana for recreational use.

I do not understand the desire to use substance to relax, take the edge off, numb, feel better or different or more social.
The dirty little secret of opioid addictions is that most began with a legitimate prescription.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:43 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Colorado prisoners with deadliest infectious disease in U.S. denied treatment, lawsuit alleges – The Denver Post

Colorado also has a very high rate of heroin users so I am not surprised that there are so over 2,200 inmates with hepatitis C.

Now, the state seems to be denying effective treatment to people with highly-contagious hepatitis C behind bars

Colorado basically opened a big can of worms by basically telling the nation and world that illicit drug use is tolerated, so now they are up to 2,200 inmates with hepatitis C and the state is refusing effective treatment.

The law of unintended consequences is that Colorado wanted to be ultra-liberal and tolerant when it came to drugs so it is full of gateway drug users who slip into heroin and the corrections systems is falling apart because the state is so overwhelmed with heroin addicts in prison.
One in 34 baby boomers have Hep C. It is curable, but the treatment costs $100,000.

It doesn't have **** all to do with marijuana.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:43 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Also, heroin is a huge problem in other states where marijuana is not legal, just as Ohio and Appalachia. If there is a desire to end addictive substances, where is the call to end alcohol consumption?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The dirty little secret of opioid addictions is that most began with a legitimate prescription.
Absolutely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
One in 34 baby boomers have Hep C. It is curable, but the treatment costs $100,000.

It doesn't have **** all to do with marijuana.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies