Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 03:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHc5wxSVHtU

Here are the rats on that dirty looking floor.

Looks like guests at Chipotle guests are greeted with rats instead of southern hospitality in Texas.

Chipotle's stock is tanking on reports of rats, norovirus at its restaurants

Report on 133 people who became sick after eating Chipotle in Virginia

https://iwaspoisoned.com/tag/chipotle-mexican-grill

318 reports on a website that specializes in documenting illness after people eat at restaurants in the last 30 days.

McDonalds which is a world-wide chain has a fraction of the reports of Chipotle

https://iwaspoisoned.com/tag/mcdonalds/11
But they had their health certificates and passed inspection. Isn't government supposed to stop stuff like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 03:30 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Chipotle used to have a very intensive mystery shopping program. It appears they have let their standards slip. Usually the stores are a reflection of the area they are in as well as management. The stores in my immediate area are clean and I feel confident eating there. Some local stores I would not consider eating at unless I was desperate and even then I probably would not.
I've never mystery shopped Chipotle mostly because I don't like their food.... but their losses in 2016 were $53 Million Dollars.

https://gizmodo.com/the-cost-of-chip...bur-1756830015

Old 07-21-2017, 04:34 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
I stopped eating out ages ago. Can you really trust min wage (and even sub-min wage with illegals involved) taking sanitation seriously?

Old 07-21-2017, 05:16 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
This also! They are off of my list to eat now now.

Chipotle Shuts Down Virginia Restaurant Over Reports of Norovirus - NBC News

Just curious, would any venue be off your list over Norovirus? That could have been brought in my a customer. It's highly contagious which is why it raises through schools and cruise ships. This is not e. coli or caused by something improper in the food chain.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:52 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I stopped eating out ages ago. Can you really trust min wage (and even sub-min wage with illegals involved) taking sanitation seriously?
Good point. I do get tired of my own cooking sometimes, though.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A few weeks back we were at the one in New Tampa (FL) and I expect that one to be closed sooner than later as I told my family member that I wouldn't eat the food due to the disgusting dirty tables, floors, etc.

The time before the same place had a shortage of brown rice in the middle of the day and for that reason they were serving half portions of rice! No discount so I asked can I get it mixed with white rice, which they did.

Still, kind of strange to be out of brown rice at such a time of the day.

I was glad that I already had ordered food else where and didn't plan eating there but my family member had counted on eating there and did eat. Luckily he didn't get sick.

The employee walked around with a cloth and a spray but only used the cloth to wipe the parts with food off the table on the floor and on the chairs/couch. Same cloth was used to wipe a different table without spray and only parts off the table.

Later another employee walked by, looked at the food on the floor and chairs/couch and wiped food off the chairs/couches onto the floor and walked back in the kitchen.

They all went back to serve food and I couldn't see if they ever washed their hands but I doubted.

Really disgusting and worrisome.

they probably found a dead rat in the rice, so they were considerate and decided not to serve it.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:59 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But they had their health certificates and passed inspection. Isn't government supposed to stop stuff like this?
As mentioned many times, nothing you can do if an outside guest brings in a highly contagious virus into an establishment. All the cleaning and health certifications in the world won't stop that.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:28 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
I'm actually a victim of this and got sick from Chipotle in Arlington VA. I had the same food poisoning symptoms about 2 months ago. I don't think I've ever had it that bad.

It must be something bad with their distribution centers, not the actual stores.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You realize inspectors cannot be at a facility 24/7, right?

Old 07-21-2017, 12:54 PM

195 posts, read 177,841 times
I think it's blown way out of proportion. I've seen things in the kitchens of respected franchises that made me question eating out at all. At least you can actually watch them prepare the food, for the most part.

Yes, I'm also salty because I own stock in the company. If I didn't own it already I'd buy, it's beyond oversold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies