Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 02:53 PM

30,486 posts, read 21,675,558 times

Advertisements

They were disgusting, laughing at a disabled man drowning. Anyone I know would have been in the water without a second thought. These terrible excuses of human garbage are the opposite of those who performed the Human chain rescue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYCWT3CU0RE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 02:55 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh for God's sake - they were LAUGHING!

You're really going out of your way to make excuses for them. Why is that?
I never said they were not total losers and evil just looking at the facts. I'm in the sticks all the time and cell phones suck. Personally I'd have tried to get to a boat then straight to the guy. Or better yet, a pdf.

Search and Rescue has to deal with this on a daily basis.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,465,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I never said they were not total losers and evil just looking at the facts. I'm in the sticks all the time and cell phones suck. Personally I'd have tried to get to a boat then straight to the guy. Or better yet, a pdf.

Quote:
Having a cell phone doesn't mean you have cell signal. You don't need cell signal to operate the camera. We don't know when they uploaded the video either.
This isn't fact. This is speculation in defense of their behavior.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
This isn't fact. This is speculation in defense of their behavior.
What law did they break and what sentence would you give them?

Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,463,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yes. It's called being a sociopath.
Yes, I agree they are not decent human beings.

You can call them all kinds of names, but it should NOT be a crime.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM

76,886 posts, read 47,211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Basic human morals.

Nobody should be forced into doing something that they don't want to do.
In any country of law and order, people are forced to obey the laws no matter how much they disagree with them.

Your view is anarchy.

As for the teens in question, there is no law in Florida which required them to rescue him.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,465,657 times
Quote:
What law did they break and what sentence would you give them?
I never stated they broke a law. You're simply changing the subject.

You mentioned you're just sticking to facts, but suggesting their cell phone service may have been shoddy isn't a fact.

There's no excuse for watching and laughing while someone is dying.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
True, if they even had cell signal but in the amount of time it typically takes LE to get anywhere he'd still be dead and it would be a recovery.
FACT
Quote:
Having a cell phone doesn't mean you have cell signal. You don't need cell signal to operate the camera. We don't know when they uploaded the video either.
FACT

Why do people think everywhere has cell signal? Most of the western half of the US is a dead zone. As is much of the eastern side.
FACT
Quote:
Many a person has drowned trying to help someone else drowning. The 1st victim will latch onto you and pull you under too.
FACT

Quote:
I never stated they broke a law. You're simply changing the subject.

You mentioned you're just sticking to facts, but suggesting their cell phone service may have been shoddy isn't a fact.

There's no excuse for watching and laughing while someone is dying.
I think you are correct but FACT is there is nothing we can do to punish them outside of shaming.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:22 PM

19,704 posts, read 11,960,010 times
Quote:

Why do people think everywhere has cell signal? Most of the western half of the US is a dead zone. As is much of the eastern side.
It was a residential area, not out in the boonies. Not sure why you are making excuses for these teens. They never reported him drowning there. What's your excuse for that? smh

Old 07-21-2017, 04:30 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,327,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It was a residential area, not out in the boonies. Not sure why you are making excuses for these teens. They never reported him drowning there. What's your excuse for that? smh
What duty did they have to report it? They didn't cause the man to drown or have any direct involvement in the actions that led to his death. The teens were merely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Your position requires a belief that all citizens have a duty to provide services to any other person in an emergency situation without their consent, absent any compensation and with a lack of indemnification from potential liability. If I see someone driving the wrong way on a freeway, do you think that I have a duty to save them from potential harm and should be subject to criminal penalties if I don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies