Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:09 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,341,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
I give Trump an F-.

• Crackdown on the Mexican border (thinly veiled racism)
  • It is not "racism" at all enforcing our own immigration laws. It should have been done 20 years ago.

Quote:
  • Rise of climate change denial could harm the whole world
  • Relax. The world and us will survive.

Quote:
  • Increasingly likely chance Russia meddled in our affairs
Yeah, that is about all CNN can say "likely" No proof or evidence, though.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:17 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,012,211 times
A zero.....

Old 07-25-2017, 06:29 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,412,711 times
Trump has done as well as anyone could given the crazy distorted media, politics, and cold civil war going on among the elites. I would say there are personnel issues he could have handled better, but he still gets an A.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:32 PM

330 posts, read 177,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
This is why the corrupt left and the very corrupt liberal media have to keep alive the fake news story Russia. If the American people really knew what trump has accomplished in last 6 months. His approval numbers would skyrocket!!!

1. STOCK MARKET BOOMING--MILLIONS OF AMERICANS HAVE SEEN THEIR SAVINGS INCREASE

2. OVER 1 MILLION JOBS CREATED VERSUS OBAMA THAT LOST 3 MILLION JOBS IN HIS FIRST 6 MONTHS

3. UNEMPLOYMENT 4.8 TO 4.4 VERSUS OBAMA 7.0 TO 9.5

4. KEYSTONE APPROVED

5. CLIMATE CHANGE REGULATIONS ELIMINATED

6. MANY FEDERAL REGULATIONS ELIMINATED

7. INCREASE IN ENERGY DRILLING

8. CONSERVATIVE JUDGE

9. OVER 200 SANTUARY CITIES FACE CRACK DOWN

10. REBUILDING THE MILITARY

11. ILLEGALS AT THE BORDER DOWN BY 70%

12. TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP--- GONE

13. MANUFATURING BOOMING
I would give him a B+. He needs to manage his messaging better, especially his own messaging. He isn't on a game show now, this is the real-deal, and America DESPERATELY needs him to succeed in draining the swamp.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:38 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,547,437 times
I give him a big fat F.

Horrible person. Horrible POTUS.

The worst POTUS we've ever had in my almost sixty-four years on this planet.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:59 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,957,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
When Obama was in office, his failures were blamed on Bush. Now you want to give Obama credit for Trump's successes? Imagine if Trump griped all the time that he inherited the mess from Obama. Not only that, they gave Obama the Nobel prize for basically doing nothing. And then have the gall to list that as one of Obama's great achievements. lol
I know, ridiculous. Obama walks on water in their eyes. If anyone deserves an F minus, it would be him. Thank God he is gone.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:59 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,547,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
I give him a big fat F.

Horrible person. Horrible POTUS.

The worst POTUS we've ever had in my almost sixty-four years on this planet.
Well, his grade certainly didn't go up today!

Old 07-26-2017, 08:48 PM

257 posts, read 295,759 times
I give Trump an F. He is not the President for the entire country and does more to widen the divide than to heal it.
His foul language, attacks, anger, inciting violence, demeaning opponents, ignoring rule of law ... are not the "disruption" I expected. I expected him to disrupt and shake-up Washington, and I assumed that meant make it work more effectively. That is not happening.
His background (tough, fighter to win, prove you are better than anyone else) and personality (extreme Narcissist) make that impossible. This was not unexpected. No one would reasonably say, I am the only one that can fix a country. Most encourage us to work together to DO something. He's one man and not God. That was the big RED flag for me. Also, saying he could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and still not lose a vote. 2nd RED Flag.

He ran a high$ mom and pop bus. No Bd of Dir, no shockholders, a small mgmt. team of mostly family and ~100 employees. He bullied his way through the "tough" NY real estate world, dealt w mafia (read his book The Art of the Deal). Being tough was drilled into him by his father and he operates that way. Screw them before they screw me. He's cheated contractors out of payments, used lawsuits to intimidate others, misused money from his charitable fund (under investigation in NY), and let's not forget Trump Univ scam.

He made terrible bus investments and deals which is why he had so many failed business (vodka fr Russia steaks,...) and bankruptcies until he got money from the Russians (Bayrock company), and learned to market his name and not put money into buildings, but golf courses - the Russians mostly financed.

So does that qualify him for President - No.
He has no real policies or beliefs. He's a deal maker - a transactional guy. And being tough, he'll win any way he has to. Why does he LIE so much. I bet for him it's not a lie. He says what he needs to say in the moment for a "win". He doesn't look at the implications of what he says.

I looked at the list of accomplishments originally Posted by fordtrucks (CAPS), and commented:

1. STOCK MARKET BOOMING--MILLIONS OF AMERICANS HAVE SEEN THEIR SAVINGS INCREASE
Yes, stock market is up based on emotions not facts - nothing has changed. No infrastructure. No Tax Cuts. No major trade deals. Unless those profits have been received, they could disappear - it's on paper only.

2. OVER 1 MILLION JOBS CREATED VERSUS OBAMA THAT LOST 3 MILLION JOBS IN HIS FIRST 6 MONTHS
Obama took office at the beginning of the biggest depression started under Bush. Remember Bush asking for 7Trillion in Dec before Obama took office? The housing market dropped. It took years to turn it around and I remember the earlier recession that took 10 yrs - Obama was faster in turning economy around but painful for all US.

3. UNEMPLOYMENT 4.8 TO 4.4 VERSUS OBAMA 7.0 TO 9.5
Again, Obama inherited the depression that started in late 2007 and matured in 2008-2012. Trump inherited the 4% employment rate from Obama. It hasn't changed much in 6 months under Trump.

4. KEYSTONE APPROVED
True. But the number of real jobs is in the 100s. And some of them are hotels, etc. that support workers. Permanent workers are minimal.

5. CLIMATE CHANGE REGULATIONS ELIMINATED
Not eliminated yet, but planned to be unenforced. I lived in CA for 23 yrs and can attest to the air quality improvement - fewer code Orange days. Now CA and other states see the benefit of protecting our environment so they will continue their work. I personally don't think permitting debris from coal mining to be dumped in local rivers is a good thing. Nor do I think allowing Dow Chemical to use a chemical known to cause health problems for farm workers is good. We'll see.

6. MANY FEDERAL REGULATIONS ELIMINATED
Be specific. Name one.
Yes, it appears Trump's ToDo list is primarily a UnDo Obama regulation. I copy the EO (Executive Orders). Most are proposals to investigate something - not to do anything. The Exec Br is responsible for executing laws of the land, so yes he can alter implementation procedures (ala travel ban, or eliminate scientists fron the EPA), but there have been few actual changes. Most worry me.

7. INCREASE IN ENERGY DRILLING
? Is this Exxon Mobil. The company put out there own statement that the credit Trump took was incorrect. Exxon Mobil was in another phase of a planned multi-phase project they started in I think 2012 (certainly a couple of years pre-Trump)
If you are talking about coal mining - that is also false. The actual energy coal mining was something like 70-100 jobs. The rest were metallurgic coal mining and other mining. So the whole coal mining jobs are back is hype.

8. CONSERVATIVE JUDGE
Yes.

9. OVER 200 SANTUARY CITIES FACE CRACK DOWN
We'll see. Cities and states will likely file lawsuits as we saw for the Muslim/Travel ban.

10. REBUILDING THE MILITARY
We'll see. John McCain said with all the talk, the military buget is only slightly increased - not enough.

11. ILLEGALS AT THE BORDER DOWN BY 70%
This is an exaggerated number. Illegals were already decreasing, drug trafficking already in decline w help of Mexico. What Sessions has increased is picking up people here - even for years - and deporting them. That's not the same as stopping people at the border, before entry.

12. TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP--- GONE
True. This has been controversial. It does allow China to take a lead in trade in the area and they are ready. Can Trump develop great individual deals - we have not seen that yet.

13. MANUFATURING BOOMING
Completely untrue. What industry? Carrier? Ford? Again, even those companies put out correction statements towhat Trump took credit for. Remember Trump discrediting the union man at Carrier for correcting Trumps number of jobs saved. Well the union guy was right and just wanted his people to have facts and not think their jobs were saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies