Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:29 PM

39,190 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

I think this belongs to the religion forum lol

Many kids suffer from childhood cancer, is it their punishment?

Just leave God out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I have enjoyed reading the phony platitudes people are spouting about mass murderer McCain in order to make themsleves feel morally superior.
They usually start out with some variation of "I hate the guy, but...."
Well, I don't think you hate him that much either.

Even if you do, what is the difference between him and almost every warmonger out there?

I did not agree with almost everything he did in the past, but this is the time I choose to back off because and simply because he has cancer. I think he at least deserves some privacy and people should respect his and his family's boundary. It is really that simple. Plus, people play different roles in life. He is not JUST a politician, he is also a man, a husband, a father, a grandfather, somebody's friend, etc etc, at the end of the day, everybody just wants to survive.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:56 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I call the alt-right nutjobs out for their nasty behavior and back it up with facts - what do you have? More mud-slinging? Don't even try to defend their behavior with some childish, false moral equivalence between the hatred of bigots and hating bigots for their actions.
"Their behavior". Nothing more than an attempt to lump entire groups of people as guilty of something whether they are or not.

My point does NOT just apply here. I condemn others for the same thing when they do it concerning other groups. These made up labels are nothing more than an attempt to lash out at people for being different than you. I think you would agree that is wrong?

Old 07-23-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, I don't think you hate him that much either.

Even if you do, what is the difference between him and almost every warmonger out there?

I did not agree with almost everything he did in the past, but this is the time I choose to back off because and simply because he has cancer. I think he at least deserves some privacy and people should respect his and his family's boundary. It is really that simple. Plus, people play different roles in life. He is not JUST a politician, he is also a man, a husband, a father, a grandfather, somebody's friend, etc etc, at the end of the day, everybody just wants to survive.
Frank like myself has not backed off from condemning any of them regardless of party or belief.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Based on the smug delight over McCain's cancer that a couple of the people here revealed in deleted posts in another thread, they're no different than the teens who enjoyed watching a man drown.

I don't quite understand why some of you are arguing that they don't mean it. They've shown us all what type of people they are - take them at their word.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Frank like myself has not backed off from condemning any of them regardless of party or belief.
well, if you believe this is the time to condemn him, go ahead. No one is stopping you, but it is kind of pointless at this moment. He has cancer, what do you want from him? lol

Forget about his policy for a change, look at him as a human. Cancer Doesn’t Choose Who Survives Based On How Hard Someone Fights, cancer does not choose who survives based on their heart either. He is just an elderly gentleman who is fighting for his life. Enough is enough, don't you think?

Old 07-23-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
well, if you believe this is the time to condemn him, go ahead. No one is stopping you, but it is kind of pointless at this moment. He has cancer, what do you want from him? lol
To die so the world will be a better place. I thought I have been clear on that.

Quote:
Forget about his policy for a change, look at him as a human. Cancer Doesn’t Choose Who Survives Based On How Hard Someone Fights, cancer does not choose who survives based on their heart either. He is just an elderly gentleman who is fighting for his life. Enough is enough, don't you think?
He never made any indication that he gave a crap about the policies he supported that led to the deaths of many thousands of innocent humans. He is no gentleman.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
To die so the world will be a better place. I thought I have been clear on that.

He never made any indication that he gave a crap about the policies he supported that led to the deaths of many thousands of innocent humans. He is no gentleman.
Fine, he is an old man who is fighting his life, better?

you can talk like this on the internet, I know you will never do it in front his daughter and son.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Fine, he is an old man who is fighting his life, better?

you can talk like this on the internet, I know you will never do it in front his daughter and son.
More importantly, I would directly to him. His son or daughter has nothing to do with it.

I would love for someone to ask these people how they are able to sleep at night.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
More importantly, I would directly to him. His son or daughter has nothing to do with it.

I would love for someone to ask these people how they are able to sleep at night.
uh huh You are a hero. YOU need to do that yourself, you shouldn't rely on someone to ask "these people". DIY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies