Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 12:48 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
He's, every news out let in he world save brietbart, infowars, washington times, and the National enquirer are corrupt evil commie rags. Trump is the lone hope of honesty and truth left in the world
Then we're doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 12:50 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Basically POTUS confirmed that the leaked intelligence is legit.
That's because he authorized the leak.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:01 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Yes, every news organization in the world save brietbart, infowars, washington times, and the National enquirer are corrupt evil commie rags. Trump is the lone hope of honesty and truth left in the world
Yep, all of these competing news organizations, like CNN, NBC, MSNBC, etc., all got together and created this YUGE conspiracy to slam Donald Trump. They have never really done this any other time in history, but they thought it would be fun this time.

Either that, or they are reporting EXACTLY what they see and hear out of Trump's own mouth. How terrible of them to not whitewash the news so that our leader looks better than he actually is.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:03 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Yes, every news organization in the world save brietbart, infowars, washington times, and the National enquirer are corrupt evil commie rags. Trump is the lone hope of honesty and truth left in the world
Prove it.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:06 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Tweeting is Trump's tell, and it's obvious as the light of day.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:08 PM

I had a chat with someone a few months back regarding Trump being President. I didn't want to have any kind of discussion. However, this guy started talking about how America used to kick posterior. In the end, this is what I got from the conversation. Said person knows that Trump doesn't know when to shut up. Said person knows that President Trump can be crass and petulant. It could be what said person wants. Maybe this guy didn't want a candidate who would conduct himself in a Presidential way. In his mind, it could have been "I want a candidate who will say whatever is on his mind, no matter how nutty is". Another factor could be "Donald Trump reminds me of myself. I can be boorish and blunt, and therefore, I relate to it".

Old 07-22-2017, 01:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Another factor could be "Donald Trump reminds me of myself. I can be boorish and blunt, and therefore, I relate to it".
That right there is it.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That right there is it.
Not the whole reason, but certain one big part of it. I certainly feel that it's a big factor. I will speak about what I've seen in my personal life. The most ardent Trump supporters I've met tend to be the types to say whatever is on their minds, or have said some bigoted things. I am merely talking about what I know in my personal life.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I had a chat with someone a few months back regarding Trump being President. I didn't want to have any kind of discussion. However, this guy started talking about how America used to kick posterior. In the end, this is what I got from the conversation. Said person knows that Trump doesn't know when to shut up. Said person knows that President Trump can be crass and petulant. It could be what said person wants. Maybe this guy didn't want a candidate who would conduct himself in a Presidential way. In his mind, it could have been "I want a candidate who will say whatever is on his mind, no matter how nutty is". Another factor could be "Donald Trump reminds me of myself. I can be boorish and blunt, and therefore, I relate to it".

You have hit the nail on the head. Trump supporters do not see his outbursts and ravings as anything but "He says what he thinks !"

On the second point "Trump reminding me of myself", that is also what a noted speech therapist said about Trump supporters. She said he "talks like they talk and uses simple language like we all use when talking to each other." She said a lot of politicians do not converse that way and their words are too sophisticated and long for them to understand.

As much as we, on the other side, shake our heads and wonder how Trump ever got even one person to vote for him, the fact is, he read the temperature of the nation very well and crafted his whole campaign around exciting those few sticking points that people could relate to. All con men have that skill, and he has it in spades.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:53 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You have hit the nail on the head. Trump supporters do not see his outbursts and ravings as anything but "He says what he thinks !"

On the second point "Trump reminding me of myself", that is also what a noted speech therapist said about Trump supporters. She said he "talks like they talk and uses simple language like we all use when talking to each other." She said a lot of politicians do not converse that way and their words are too sophisticated and long for them to understand.

As much as we, on the other side, shake our heads and wonder how Trump ever got even one person to vote for him, the fact is, he read the temperature of the nation very well and crafted his whole campaign around exciting those few sticking points that people could relate to. All con men have that skill, and he has it in spades.
And to be honest, they have a point. One of the things I liked about candidate Obama was his plain spoken nature. Once they get to Washington, they run them through a filter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies