Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:56 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,455,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We thought for a minute you had left us ! Nah, we knew.
It's reallly getting hard to tell these days to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 09:01 PM

33,249 posts, read 12,469,854 times
Quote:
A perfect example of how dumb and incoherent Trump is, is the line he said about Sessions should have told him when he interviewed him that Sessions would recuse himself. Uh, how was Sessions supposed to have known that would happen way before it happened ? That statement from Trump made no sense at all. What was Sessions supposed to be able to do, look 3 months into the future and predict what would happen ?

One YouTube video summed that up by saying Sessions needed a time machine so he could go back in time. Trump is just about the dumbest person I have ever seen, and he gets dumber every day.
I think you are overlooking something that allows this to make sense. Namely, one of the things Trump values most is loyalty. I think one of the reasons that Trump is so PO'd is that, of non family members, I imagine he thought he could count on Sessions possibly more than any other for loyalty. Trump isn't an attorney. Sessions is an attorney. The way an attorney might think about the law, courts, perjury, etc. wouldn't occur to Trump. Sessions' thoughts along these lines = 'does not compute' to Trump. Trump doesn't understand Sessions' understanding of our legal system, and the help re self preservation that affords, outweighing loyalty to him/the POTUS.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:03 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,594,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Sure, because breitbart and infowars are bastions of media credibility and honesty.

more credibility than cnn for sure

Old 07-22-2017, 09:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I think you are overlooking something that allows this to make sense. Namely, one of the things Trump values most is loyalty. I think one of the reasons that Trump is so PO'd is that, of non family members, I imagine he thought he could count on Sessions possibly more than any other for loyalty. Trump isn't an attorney. Sessions is an attorney. The way an attorney might think about the law, courts, perjury, etc. wouldn't occur to Trump. Sessions' thoughts along these lines = 'does not compute' to Trump. Trump doesn't understand Sessions' understanding of our legal system, and the help re self preservation that affords, outweighing loyalty to him/the POTUS.
Nah --w e aren't overlooking the fact Trump has no concept of how the law works.....we knew it before he was elected and are kind of felling smug and a little "I told you so.".

Of course Trump doesn't understand Sessions, healthcare, foreign diplomacy, trade, etc.

That's why most of the country did not vote for him.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:16 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,607,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Yes, every news organization in the world save brietbart, infowars, washington times, and the National enquirer are corrupt evil commie rags. Trump is the lone hope of honesty and truth left in the world
Don't forget Zero Hedge.

Someone needs to hack Twitter and take it offline.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:18 PM

33,249 posts, read 12,469,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nah --w e aren't overlooking the fact Trump has no concept of how the law works.....we knew it before he was elected and are kind of felling smug and a little "I told you so.".

Of course Trump doesn't understand Sessions, healthcare, foreign diplomacy, trade, etc.

That's why most of the country did not vote for him.
You may have, but don1945's post that I replied to doesn't indicate that he did. That post wasn't written in a sarcastic tone. Heck, don and green mariner didn't realize that Metsfan53 was being sarcastic with his post. Metsfan53 had to post again and state such. I don't agree with Metsfan53 that often, but I realized he was being sarcastic with the previous post....didn't need the clarification.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:19 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,594,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Quite frankly if anyone behaves like Trump does, they really need to seek professional help. The man is unhinged and mentally unstable. Normal people don't behave like that.
sounds like you are describing Maxine and Nancy, honestly.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:19 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,529,841 times
Quote:
You have hit the nail on the head. Trump supporters do not see his outbursts and ravings as anything but "He says what he thinks !"

On the second point "Trump reminding me of myself", that is also what a noted speech therapist said about Trump supporters. She said he "talks like they talk and uses simple language like we all use when talking to each other." She said a lot of politicians do not converse that way and their words are too sophisticated and long for them to understand.

As much as we, on the other side, shake our heads and wonder how Trump ever got even one person to vote for him, the fact is, he read the temperature of the nation very well and crafted his whole campaign around exciting those few sticking points that people could relate to. All con men have that skill, and he has it in spades.
I've also heard the "he speaks his mind" line. One man I met was okay with Trump's petulant mindset. He felt that Trump couldn't be dishonest because of such a petulant mindset.

I read the article talking about how simple language attracted voters to Trump. I thought about the 2004 election. Bush and Trump had this going. They knew who their base was. Both came from well-off beginnings. However, Bush had more of a folksy way about him. Trump was more blunt, more gruff. The blue collar Republican base most associated with Bush could be summed up by the TV show Friday Night Lights or The Middle. Trump's blue collar Republican base, it reminds me more of Married......With Children or Roseanne. In Friday Night Lights, there is a type of dignity, a pride that isn't lost. The Middle, it isn't as folksy, but there is still a dignity to it. In Roseanne, there is a large degree of crassness.

The more I get deeper into this Trump administration, the more I understand that Trump isn't as stupid as I would like to believe. He's doing what his diehards want him to do. He is appealing to what I see as a very lowbrow way of dealing with the world.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:20 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,945,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Interesting how he calls the pardon story fake news while saying the Sessions story is an illegal leak. Why not say Sessions story is fake news based on unnamed sources?

Way to throw a teammate under the bus Donnie.
That's one of his very few talents. Sessions needs to get out of this mess of an administration before he goes down with it. He has nothing to gain by remaining loyal to Trump and is getting thrown under the bus for staying, just like Spicer.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:41 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,529,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
sounds like you are describing Maxine and Nancy, honestly.
Except we're talking about Trump. Stay on the subject. Can you refute that many of Trump's behaviors indicate being unhinged, petulant and narcissistic? Yes or No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies