Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 12:29 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,762,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump has not enacted any significant policy that would encourage job growth or growth in the economy. He has backed down on most of the policies (such as trade tariffs, getting rid of NAFTA, etc.) that would have stalled the economy. That is good but that just means he is continuing the policies Obama and others had in place.
This^^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 12:44 PM

23,964 posts, read 15,059,733 times
The reason the market is doing well with Trump as POTUS is because his administration is permitting business to do any damn thing they please.

The bottled water businesses should surge.

No more regulations to stop them from polluting G-d's earth.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:45 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump has not enacted any significant policy that would encourage job growth or growth in the economy. He has backed down on most of the policies (such as trade tariffs, getting rid of NAFTA, etc.) that would have stalled the economy. That is good but that just means he is continuing the policies Obama and others had in place.
Exactly.

I would ask a Trump supporter to explain exactly what Trump has done?

Old 07-22-2017, 01:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The stock market has been doing better and better and ticking upward over the last several years but you have to admit that the Trump affect has given it a bigger boost.

Imagine how much better we would all be doing without the negativity from the media, the Left and I will admit to and include the stupid stuff coming out of the WH.

Perception is as important as actual numbers.
Why would I admit something for which there is precisely zero evidence?

The economy would have crashed by now if Republicans and Trump weren't too inept to actually enact their insane agenda.

The market confidence is mostly just confidence that Trump is incapable of actually getting anything done.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

We are WINNING and I'm not tired of it yet !!! MAGA

Yup he's winning all the way to prison.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump has made America .1 Trillion Richer!-35ke38.jpg  

Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Quote:
Trump is getting the ship upright and heading in the right direction despite all the clown opposition.

We are winning and I'm not tired of it yet !!! MAGA
Everyone loves Trump!

Old 07-22-2017, 01:44 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Love, Loathe or Lump him anyone with a toe in the stock market has to be happy with the increases they are seeing on there 401k's etc...
Some call it the Trump affect where companies and Wall Street see a bright future for themselves in the Trump America and that is good news.

How much you ask? well this analyst says Trump has made America richer by $4.1 Trillion dollars in the last 6 months.
Stuart Varney: Trump has already made America $4 trillion richer (with just six months in office) | Fox News

Obama gave the world Hope and he got a Nobel Peace prize for his words but I would rather see real results in my investments through the Hope that Trump has given Wall Street.

Trump has done this despite DC trying to destroy him.
I say Keep up the Good work President Trump.
In the year before Obama took office the stock market fell from 13,300 to 6,500, and when Obama became president the market was still falling. But during Obama's time in office the stock market rose from 6,500 to 19,900. But republicans fully ignore Obama reversing a falling stock market and a 13,400 point gain, and now republicans praise Trump for a 1,500 point gain (when lots of Trumps gain was from Obama's market momentum.)

Dow Jones - 10 Year Daily Chart | MacroTrends

Last edited by chad3; 07-22-2017 at 02:01 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 01:46 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Everyone loves Trump!
OK then, I wasn't sure.
I thought there might have been a hold out hiding somewhere. Can I take a nap now ?

Old 07-22-2017, 02:01 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,156,553 times
In the end, trump is enacting policies that will allow industries to pollute more and make profit from it. And just like the end of every Republican administration for as long as we can remember, the Democrat who is elected will have to come in and clean up the Republican mess - in this case literally. The US citizens will have to pony up dough yet again to fix the mess industry makes and the leaders of those companies who make the profit by shifting their company burdens onto the public will bask in the immoral stock gains they make.

Personally, I like the clean air and water EPA regs produces for myself and my children (global). How much will it cost the next Administration to reconstitute the organization. It amazes me how much republicans don't care about clean and safe drinking water. But then the plants that pollute are always in poor (and many if not mostly minority) neighborhoods where they don't have to think about it.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Quote:
OK then, I wasn't sure.
I thought there might have been a hold out hiding somewhere. Can I take a nap now ?
Yes. Enjoy your nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies