Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:06 AM

696 posts, read 906,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I think he will sign a bill raising the terms that a president can serve to 3 terms. He will then be in for 12 years.
You do know that requires an amendment to the Constitution, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 05:13 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
This thread is based on Trump calling the shots in Putingrad D.C. The real decisions are made far, far away.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:03 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Hard earned money?....That is the biggest laugh I've had this month....
The only thing hard-earned would be his impeachment.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:07 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Somewhat high. He's already in the history books, so he doesn't need to run again.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
amazing how the left thinks their predictions have any weight. They have been wrong about absolutely everything regarding Trump
I would not call these "predictions" as much as I would call them considerations, given all we can consider to imagine what the future may hold...

This constant reminder by Trump supporters that lots of people didn't see how Trump could possibly become POTUS sounds an awful lot like "I told you so," over and over again, but not only is this boasting about being right (about something) -- over and over -- more than a little off-putting, it is really nothing to be proud about!

What Trump supporters saw that many other Americans didn't is the possibility that someone as ill-equipped and poorly suited to become POTUS could become POTUS. Good for you! Okay, now we know there are enough people out there willing to support the likes, but I doubt Trump will happen a second term.

Now of course I could be wrong and Trump supporters right about such a thing yet again, but I surely hope not, for all our sake. We can and should do better whether we are liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican. Much MUCH better!

Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I would not be surprised to see Trump change his party registration and run as a Democrat just to prove something.
I would surely be surprised about any such thing happening, all considered. Trump represents the platform of the Democratic party about as well as a cow farmer represents vegetarians...

Old 07-25-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Please tell us which national Democrat politician who has a chance of beating Trump in an election.

I thought so.

/thread
Biden would have a good chance I think, but odds are not good he'll run...

Not sure who it might be at this point quite frankly, but just about anyone, even Sanders, would do better than Hillary for lots of reasons, beginning with "less baggage" the Clintons could just not carry anymore. Now too, more Americans awake to what someone like Trump can do in no time to make this country mucked up again. People want change after all, above all things, away from the status quo of "politics as usual." Unfortunately, that also brought about the rise of Trump, so that now we have politics most unusual, but hard to see this most unusual as a good thing all considered at this point.

Last edited by LearnMe; 07-25-2017 at 09:37 AM..

Old 07-25-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
except the base won't necessarily go Democratic

if the left nominates some loon like Elizabeth Warren or Hillary 2.0 like Kirsten Gillibrand, they will all be back on the Trump train
Not necessarily. Lots of people have learned the lesson of simply voting for Trump in order to not vote for someone else. This time around, I think a lot of those people will vote for Santa Claus rather than Trump if they don't want to vote for the Democrat candidate.

Trump Fails To Reach Beyond Base As Independents' Disapproval Grows

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/28/534602...approval-grows

Old 07-25-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
He'll lose because of the drama in the news.

It's fine on a monthly basis.

When it's daily though, people will grow tired.
People? Trump supporters are people too, and they don't grow tired of all things Trump no matter what...

Old 07-25-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Though Trump may not be handling things the best, I think it's more likely that he might stand the risk of losing because of his sellout GOP Congress. They won't repeal Obummercare, won't defund Planned Parenthood, left transgenderism in the military, continue to spend, spend, spend, won't get rid of Common Core, won't stop the abuse of H1B visas, won't fund the border wall or build it, won't stop the influx of "refugees", won't defend Trump from this Russia nonsense, etc.

After them saying the following:

2007: Bush: I agree to a bailout.
2009: We don't have the any house in Congress. We can't do anything.
2011: We need the Senate.
2015: We need the Presidency.
2017: Still no action taken on promises made

It could well be blamed on Trump by his own base. Or at least enough to cost him the election. (Trump won because of massive turnout and because the Dems got cocky. If the GOP doesn't deliver, there may not be as much turnout in 2020 on the Republican side.)
The "sellout GOP Congress" are basically the same folks who sold all of us out by obstructing the ACA in the first place, belly aching and devoting most of their time since then trying to repeal it, ultimately ushering Trump into the vacuum of political leadership that caused many to wonder how the GOP would survive in the first place. Now we have mutated GOP with a new grown Trump head giving us even worse of the same going backwards instead of up and fixing the ACA already! They won't do all the rest you note, for all variety of reasons both good and not so good, but mostly because all the GOP wants to do is survive another day. They are "damned if they do and damned if they don't," because if they do what they stand for, only the top most wealthy highest income earners will vote for them, and though that's most of the countries money in politics, it's not enough votes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies