Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 05:14 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,558,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
The truth is that Trump has done nothing for the American People and any remotely positive thing he has done ...tends to benefit him and his family a lot more more than the average American!
That's just the kind of reporting seen in the media. Only difference is they have more of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 05:15 PM

16,341 posts, read 8,427,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
That must not even be a complete list, as Donna Brazile is not even in those listed as having colluded to get Hillary elected.

`

Old 07-22-2017, 05:15 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,504,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's just the kind of reporting seen in the media.
Why don't you tell us what he has done that hasn't been reported.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:16 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,466,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You say "Independent" press. Independent of what? Kind of hard to be independent when the vast majority of so called journalists openly identify as radical left wing democrats.
Vast majority of journalist classify themselves as radical left wing. Love to see you prove that one.

10,815 posts, read 14,882,546 times
And here I always thought the press's job was to report the news in a factual way.

Silly me!

33,821 posts, read 16,841,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The old reporters would go out there and pound the pavement to dig (investigate) whatever news they had in mind to bring to the public. Nowadays journalists come out of college already indoctrinated about one side of the political spectrum. Nowadays they don't have to investigate, but to disseminate the news somebody else has told, and all of this can be done while sitting in front of a computer. Once investigative reporting does not longer take place, anything can be fake news.
true

Old 07-22-2017, 05:17 PM

16,341 posts, read 8,427,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The first thing to go in a nation that is no longer free is the press. Dictators don't like criticism and prefer to monopolize the messaging their people can hear.

It seems to me that conservatives will accept no criticism of Donald Trump and would go to any lengths to dismantle the ability of media organizations to do so.

Sure, they say that they just don't like the "liberal media" and would accept one that is "fair"...which I take to mean "doesn't criticize Donald Trump."

Look, I don't like Breitbart, FOX, or Infowars, but I support their right to continue to exist, because I think that we're overall better off with a press corps capable of asking questions independent of government than without it.

I see no indication that Donald Trump has any respect for the role of a free press in our society, and I genuinely believe he would dismantle it entirely if he could. Do conservatives understand the value of a free press not beholden to a President, or do they really wish to do away with it?

Where have you been for the last 8 years when the press had a love affair with Obama, and seemed incapable of criticizing/investigating him?
Remember, independent means neutral, and they have been far from that in the last 50+ years. How else do you explain the "paper of record" not endorsing a single Republican for president since the 1950's?

Sure no one wants a state controlled press/media, and the Founding Fathers certainly didn't want it. However, if the media, due to the domination of their members of one party/political ideology, give one party a pass, yet attack the other without mercy, how can you start a thread like this with a straight face?

Old 07-22-2017, 05:19 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,466,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Where have you been for the last 8 years when the press had a love affair with Obama, and seemed incapable of criticizing/investigating him?
Remember, independent means neutral, and they have been far from that in the last 50+ years. How else do you explain the "paper of record" not endorsing a single Republican for president since the 1950's?

Sure no one wants a state controlled press/media, and the Founding Fathers certainly didn't want it. However, if the media, due to the domination of their members of one party/political ideology, give one party a pass, yet attack the other without mercy, how can you start a thread like this with a straight face?
Is fox neutral? Most tak radio neutral?

Old 07-22-2017, 05:21 PM

1,348 posts, read 787,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So it wasn't about her emails? Odd considering that's the phrase everyone including cons were screaming.
OMG, see what I mean? It's proof positive that some people STILL don't understand what was going on!

Because the initial presentation of the info was intentionally clouded to confuse people and downplay the seriousness of it. Plenty got fooled...and that was the plan.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,504,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
OMG, see what I mean? It's proof positive that some people STILL don't understand what was going on!

Because the initial presentation of the info was intentionally clouded to confuse people and downplay the seriousness of it. Plenty got fooled...and that was the plan.
So her emails weren't the issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies