Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:11 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
The emails simply showed the DNC favored Clinton over Sanders. Not really anything that was not obvious in the first place. If you did not like Clinton this reinforced it, if you liked her you ignored the news.

HRC was sunk by her bad campaign strategy in ignoring key swing states she ended up losing. By getting into trouble with the FBI which could have been avoided by not storing the servers at her house. And by Comey's statement just before the election that they were looking back into the Clinton investigation at a time when absentee ballots were being filled out had a big effect. But Comey should still have his job, right?

Clinton is a bad campaigner. She lost to Obama in a race that was suppose to be hers. She barely got by Sanders if not for the DNC dirty tricks and Super Delegates she would have lost. And she lost to Trump even with all his missteps and errors. Yes she won senate races in a state that is 70% democrat. And even her first senate race was way closer than it should have been. People don't like her. Even the left was never crazy about her. She never figured out how to change that. Its on her.
I agree with 99% of what you write. The stolen e-mails had their impact though. Trump exhorted how he loved WikiLeaks. I suspect now his campaign knew what was coming down the pike. No matter how you twist and turn it, the purpose of the email hack was voter manipulation. How much of an effect it may have had is certainly debatable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 06:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I agree with 99% of what you write. The stolen e-mails had their impact though. Trump exhorted how he loved WikiLeaks. I suspect now his campaign knew what was coming down the pike. No matter how you twist and turn it, the purpose of the email hack was voter manipulation. How much of an effect it may had is certainly debatable.

Again, why aren't you more mad about what was IN those emails?

The emails show Clinton colluded with the media. That's why many don't trust the media. Defend it all you want and run on it in 2020

Old 07-22-2017, 06:14 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
FOX is MSM whether you like it or not.

FOX spent 9 years relentlessly attacking Obama on "trumped" up charges ,one after another. From birther bs to attacking ACA, to pretending Obama was part of some globalist plot.

8-10 years of endless hate filled attacks on Obama, so please don't fib here on CD and pretend Obama was treated fairly in any way shape or form. And remember until the last 6 months FOX had more viewers than MSNBC , CNN combined! many many more viewers.

SHAME on you jack for trying to rewrite history and act like Obama, was given any kind of a chance at all by FOX NEWS. (the largest and most powerful news network on the planet)
Well Evil (I guess we are on a first name basis)

When did I say FOX was fair with Obama? They were not. At least I can admit that. But Obama had the other 99% of news media on his side. Exactly the reverse with Trump. The left cannot see that. Part of the appeal of FOX NEWS is they are the opposite of the other MSM.

The left is trying to convince themselves that the MSM treats the GOP and Democrats the same, fairly and objectively. That is almost never the case. How many rumors or unnamed sources did the MSM use to paint Obama in a bad light. If they did a negative story it was something out there that happened and they reported it. With Trump they will repeat any rumor and not care if its true or not as long as they make him look bad.

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Vast majority of journalist classify themselves as radical left wing. Love to see you prove that one.
The person who said that... only watches the talk shows on fox news, so yeah, they would think that.

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What kind of Independent Press hands over debate questions to its favored candidate?
Exactly. As well as what kind of Independent Press refused to even call the election until Trump was on the stage accepting the win? CNN is a joke.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
There were reporters on MsnNc, CNN, NBC etc crying when Trump
won

That says it all really

Old 07-22-2017, 06:19 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
IMHO, this is a a double-standard shared by conservatives and liberals alike. With Trump it is just more extreme because he targets the press and basically invites his followers (which are not exclusively conservatives BTW) to attack the press and to not believe anything negative they say about him.
Yes, this. People have to start seeing their own double standards. It's not a secret that most journalists are liberal. Do liberals really think that this doesn't influence their reporting?

All that said, freedom of the press has been a joke for a while now. If you don't see it, you haven't been looking.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:20 PM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The first thing to go in a nation that is no longer free is the press. Dictators don't like criticism and prefer to monopolize the messaging their people can hear.

It seems to me that conservatives will accept no criticism of Donald Trump and would go to any lengths to dismantle the ability of media organizations to do so.

Sure, they say that they just don't like the "liberal media" and would accept one that is "fair"...which I take to mean "doesn't criticize Donald Trump."

Look, I don't like Breitbart, FOX, or Infowars, but I support their right to continue to exist, because I think that we're overall better off with a press corps capable of asking questions independent of government than without it.

I see no indication that Donald Trump has any respect for the role of a free press in our society, and I genuinely believe he would dismantle it entirely if he could. Do conservatives understand the value of a free press not beholden to a President, or do they really wish to do away with it?
#1 I think virtually everyone wants a free media.

#2 There should be consequences to media colluding with a candidate (like CNN did with Hillary against Bernie) like being ridiculed.

#3 Part of Free Speech is that it cuts both ways, when a media runs with fake news, people have the right and deserve to be able to ridicule that media outlet.

#4 I've heard liberals talk about banning Fox News or Talk Radio, etc...it goes both ways.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:22 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The first thing to go in a nation that is no longer free is the press. Dictators don't like criticism and prefer to monopolize the messaging their people can hear.

It seems to me that conservatives will accept no criticism of Donald Trump and would go to any lengths to dismantle the ability of media organizations to do so.

Sure, they say that they just don't like the "liberal media" and would accept one that is "fair"...which I take to mean "doesn't criticize Donald Trump."

Look, I don't like Breitbart, FOX, or Infowars, but I support their right to continue to exist, because I think that we're overall better off with a press corps capable of asking questions independent of government than without it.

I see no indication that Donald Trump has any respect for the role of a free press in our society, and I genuinely believe he would dismantle it entirely if he could. Do conservatives understand the value of a free press not beholden to a President, or do they really wish to do away with it?
Our Press is less than worthless....they are on a Jihad to destroy President Trump, doesn't matter that he hasn't done anything wrong.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The person who said that... only watches the talk shows on fox news, so yeah, they would think that.
I especially love how the poster threw in "radical". Yeah we are all the second coming of Che Guevara. It would like me calling all of them David dukes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies