Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 09:00 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Wrong, it is a false equivalency
Nope.

Why do you think males have a lower life expectancy than females (otherwise known as those who get pregnant and bear children)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
According to studies it is the difference in lifestyles, smoking, drinking, reckless behavior (men do more of these things), being attune to ones body (men do less of this) and more dangerous work not the amount of work.
Exactly. Bearing a child is less dangerous than the work men do to support their own children and the dead-weight welfare-dependent.

Let's do both: Abort babies and kill off the welfare-dependent. Neither can sustain life on their own.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
InformedConsent, so I can assume you write your elected officials asking them to support murdering people on welfare? You vote for candidates who have expressed an interest in killing off the government-assisted population? You donate money towards a cause that works towards killing people on welfare?

I mean, you don't just scream about it on the internet, right?

Old 07-25-2017, 09:36 AM

710 posts, read 584,482 times
I'm pro choice as long as the person who wants the abortion pays for it. I know that taxpayer dollars don't fund them but some people believe that they should which is ridiculous.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
Some think you can't be pro-life and support abortion for rape and life of the mother. This has never been an issue before . It seems pro-choice wants to bait and throw in strawmen arguments. I have never made them explain their stances. Im a moderate pro-life lefty who supports abortion in rape or life threatening cases and I feel it's a moderate stance. I care about the mom's life and the emotional impact rape has. They didn't choose these circumstances , even though life threatening pregnancies are often much wanted.

I dont feel a 11 yr old should be forced to birth since the risk is too high physically as well as emotional impact. However im not advocating rape babies be aborted no more than pregnancy that threatens the mother or those with possible birth defects that prevent them form normal lives. I'm saying they need support in what they can't control regardless what they decide. I don't think this stance makes me pro-choice.THis is why abortion isn't black and white.
The problem with your argument is that you are trying to make this an equal "pro choice vs pro life" argument and it isnt.

How many Democrats do you know that actually support no restrictions on abortion ???? Even Bernie Sanders supports some limits.

But there are plenty of Republicans and even some Democrats who are pro life and have no exceptions.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:48 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Some think you can't be pro-life and support abortion for rape and life of the mother. This has never been an issue before . It seems pro-choice wants to bait and throw in strawmen arguments. I have never made them explain their stances. Im a moderate pro-life lefty who supports abortion in rape or life threatening cases and I feel it's a moderate stance. I care about the mom's life and the emotional impact rape has. They didn't choose these circumstances , even though life threatening pregnancies are often much wanted.

I dont feel a 11 yr old should be forced to birth since the risk is too high physically as well as emotional impact. However im not advocating rape babies be aborted no more than pregnancy that threatens the mother or those with possible birth defects that prevent them form normal lives. I'm saying they need support in what they can't control regardless what they decide. I don't think this stance makes me pro-choice.THis is why abortion isn't black and white.
Ah, the pro-life argument based on rape and life of the mother. Have you looked at the statistics? I am guessing not, include that 11 year old also since about 0.01% of abortions are on less than 15 year olds.

You do realize that if allowed for rape, every woman who finds her pregnancy inconvenient will have been "raped", right? I thought after a rape, when the victim went to the hospital that they administered "emergency birth control", or maybe there are a lot of women like in the news that don't consider it rape until a convenient moment well after the incident.

I think most cases where the mother's life is in danger, and I bet that percentage is probably about the same as the less than 15 year olds, the mother chooses to have the child, we see that in the news.

Then, we move on to "possible birth defects that prevent them from normal lives". You mean, something like Down syndrome, or do you mean any child with any history of defects in their family genetics? Also, when it comes to Down syndrome, many of them have a much more "normal" life than those "normal" individuals stoned on psychiatric drugs, those eating themselves into ill health, addicted to substances individuals, etc. We adopted an infant with Down syndrome almost 31 years ago, so I would love to have a discussion with you or anyone about eliminating people like my son from the get-go. There are families waiting to adopt children with Down syndrome for those who do not wish to parent them: Home - NDSAN That agency also gives an expectant parent the truth about people with Down syndrome and let's the parent decide which is the best option, parenting or adoption.

Most infants with special needs, if not all, are able to find a loving home despite them being considered not suitable for a certain parent's circumstances.

I saw a documentary on children born because of rape. They have no issue with that, and were very glad their birth mother went ahead and gave them life. Again, adoption is an option.

Yes, it is a "black or white issue" as "abortion stops beating heart" and you end up with a dead baby. That is pretty clear cut!

I don't see this as a political issue although, they try to use it as one. Is it based on religion, somewhat, but that isn't a necessary element either, since destruction of human life should be considered wrong at any stage just because we are all humans that occupy the planet.

Some here seem to imply that many women do this, while it tends to be some of the same women getting them again and again. I know it makes them feel better, you know, use what we did when we were kids and wanted to make a wrong look right "Well, everybody else is doing it."

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 07-25-2017 at 09:57 AM..

Old 07-25-2017, 09:58 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Bearing a child is less dangerous than the work men do to support their own children and the dead-weight welfare-dependent.

Let's do both: Abort babies and kill off the welfare-dependent. Neither can sustain life on their own.
Oh, Lord.
Reading comprehension is your friend.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:00 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Birth defects range from mild to severe. It is my belief that a woman whose pregnancy is affected by fetal defect should be allowed to determine for herself whether or not to continue the pregnancy.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:02 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope.

Why do you think males have a lower life expectancy than females (otherwise known as those who get pregnant and bear children)?

???

What does this non sequitur have to do with your fallacious false equivalency between biological and social dependency? What a bizarre response.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:19 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:

Everyone has to wrestle with issue, until they find an understanding of where they sit on abortion.

There are some people who have decided in favor of abortion for any reason, at any time, even killing the baby as it is being born. Then some of these same people want strict laws, punishing anyone who digs up endangered sea turtle eggs.

Others see the fetus as a life in the making as soon as the zygote splits.

Most people come out with a little leeway, acquiescing to abortion during the first weeks of gestation, but drawing the line after the first trimester.

The thing is, there is no single scenario that fits all possible cases of abortion. Our society needs to define where the lines are to be drawn, it's not something we can leave up to the court justices to decide for the entire nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies