Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans are covering for Trump. Slow walking the hearings. Refusing to issue subpoenas. Promoting nonsense like the real crimes are the "felonious leaks. ...

Look at the public hearings. While Democrats are trying to get to the bottom of things, Republicans are interrupting them, asking endless questions about how awful the leaks are, etc.

It's not only hypocrisy. It's co-conspiracy.
Agreed. Personally, I think once the 'tipping point' is reached, things will get a tad more interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 07:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The point is that the special counsel should not be investigating transactions that are clearly beyond the statute of limitations.........I am quite sure if that occurs it will be a Supreme Court challenge. You can feel differently. To each his own.
It is fair to investigate for probable cause.
Let us have a president who answers the questions fairly and honestly in a prompt manner. The more quickly we do this the more swiftly he and his people can be exonerated and get on with the business of governing. There is no good reason to oppose the investigation.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Personally, I think once the 'tipping point' is reached, things will get a tad more interesting.
The Republican co-conspirators in congress will be answerable to the people at the polls. Jason Chaffets seems to have figured this out already.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:53 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It is fair to investigate for probable cause.
Let us have a president who answers the questions fairly and honestly in a prompt manner. The more quickly we do this the more swiftly he and his people can be exonerated and get on with the business of governing. There is no good reason to oppose the investigation.
If there is nothing to this, then send those documents over and get busy explaining what's going on.

A good place to start would be with the transcripts of what was discussed during Trump's meetings with Putin and the Russian spies.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The Republican co-conspirators in congress will be answerable to the people at the polls. Jason Chaffets seems to have figured this out already.
I keep picturing lemmings.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:43 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
What is Trump afraid of? It will be interesting to see what Mueller comes up with. The collusion theory took a different turn with Don Jr's I love it emails. Kushner having to update his security clearance forms not once, not twice, not three times, but four times now. Don Jr's statement from 2008 bragging about all the Russian money flooding in to their companies. The lies after lies after lies. No wonder Trump came out fighting attacking MSM as fake news. The rubes ate it up like monkeys on a cupcake. These people are sketchy, rich low life with many secrets. I'd lie and cheat as well to protect my empire. I'm sure most of us would do what ever we had to do to protect it and our loved ones.

What is Trump afraid of if he's as innocent as he claims? Lets see your tax returns and business connections if there is no there there.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
And just in case the lawyer is wrong -- Trump can pardon himself.

We aren't suppose to read anything into these statements but if someone said to you could you give me a $1000 for bail money if I needed it -- what would your first reaction be? Why are you needing bail money?

LOL

It is starting to look like there might be something they are afraid of that just might not be legal...but whew statue of liimitations and pardons -- we are good.

Why would you even say something like that publicly.....stupid people.

i don't even know if there is anything there but talking about statue of limitations and pardons implies one of two things.

1) they are trying to flex their muscles -- show just how immune to anything Trump is -- part of the I'm the guy in charge mentality - ego driven.....misguided power grab.

or

2) they know something and are hedging their bets....and if this is it -- shut up and hold your cards close to your chest for goodness sake.

LOL

Either way -- poor judgement, unprofessional, unnecessary information to disclose unless you want to fan the fires, keep the narrative going.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:57 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
what crimes????????????:c onfused:

Old 07-23-2017, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Can Scaramucci shut down this kind of communication from the White House.

Look if I was a Trump fan I would not be happy about the pardon tweet, this comment from the lawyer. Oh sure publicly I would spin all of it...but this is not the message anybody from The White House should be sending out.

A professional who is truly innocent, not paranoid or just finessed in how to handle crisis like this would not add fuel to the fire. They would focus on the message they want out there -- all that positive stuff. Keep Trump rally ready (that works for the base)....it is way more positive than coming up with ways that IF they ever find anything the President can't be found officially guilty.

Nope -- this is a huge mistake by Trump and his lawyer. Wrong wrong wrong...guilty or not -- wrong way to deal with this.

Let's see if Scaramucci can fix it.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, so Trump's crimes were done years ago ? Well, that makes me feel so much better.

Is his whole legal team as nuts as he is ?
It took him a long time to get a DC lawyer because no one wanted that job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies