Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:57 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
Why do you care so much
I had the exact thought verbatim when I opened this thread.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:41 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I consider all this to be much fuss about very little. The basic contention is the Democrats contend that you should not legally discriminate against people that are different mentally. The Republican, mostly the alt-right and bible thumpers, want to force everyone to be and believe the same as them. I prefer a situation that treats everyone the same under the law and refuse to be told how and what to think by anyone or anything.
What a crock. If Jews or Christians are discriminated against, Dems have no problem. Muslims are a different kettle of fish.

Mentally ill people are also discriminated against by the Left unless it is a sexual/gender issue.

I'm tired of the Left's BS.

Kindness and acceptance are not Leftist's values. They want everyone to be like them. Lefitsts are the most discriminatory group, especially with each other.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:42 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times
And along the same lines as my post #37, when a conservative opinion is expressed about gender issues another frequent comeback is "why do you care so much?" That's somewhat disingenuous isn't it? You could respond with "why do you care what I care?"
Yes, gender choice is one's own business, but the fact is that everyone is here to express an opinion and entertain themselves, and its not like anybody's opinion on CD is going to change the world. Questioning somebody's motives for posting his/her opinion is just another way to try to shut them up.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:32 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
A whole new level of th deteriation of humanity.
Just what did all this come from? A few generations of the family break down; More divorces and two parents not at home?
Or???
I am not referring to the real 1.7% hemaphridtes that are actually born with both female and male body parts.

And these "non binary " people want special treatment
I am sorry, but I find this so messed up! "They can transition from day to day to relate to a gender

Non-binary | Gender Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Non-binary gender (see also genderqueer) describes any gender identity which does not fit the male and female binary. Those with non-binary genders can feel that they:

Have an androgynous (both masculine and feminine) gender identity, such as androgyne.
Have an identity between male and female, such as intergender.
Have a neutral or unrecognized gender identity, such as agender, neutrois, or most xenogenders.
Have multiple gender identities, such as bigender or pangender.
Have a gender identity which varies over time, known as genderfluid.
Have a weak or partial connection to a gender identity, known as demigender.
Are intersex and identify as intersex, know as amalgagender
Have a culturally specific gender identity which exists only within their or their ancestor's culture.
Non-binary people may also identify as transgender and/or transsexual. The label genderqueer has a lot of overlap with non-binary. Non-binary is often seen as the preferred term, as "*****" may be used as a transphobic insult.

Non-binary people may wish to transition so that their gender expression more closely reflects their internal identity. Many non-binary people wish to appear androgynous and adopt unisex names, gender-neutral titles such as Mx. and/or gender-neutral pronouns, but others prefer to express themselves in ways which are traditionally seen as masculine or feminine or to mix aspects of the two.

Non-binary people can have any sexual orientation, although if attracted primarily to a single gender they may prefer to use gender-terminology to express this, such as androsexual or gynosexual.
Such people have existed throughout the history of humanity - this is nothing new.

Read the ancient Greek epics, the Vedic scriptures, the Bible...including the books which got left out.

Look at culture all over the world in which a "third sex" is present an their society functions perfectly fine.

And all these people are not asking for "special treatment" - they just want the same dignity and respect that you expect to receive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies