Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:00 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Republicans have been harming our country since 2000. Some may say earlier, but the most corrosive and toxic effects of Republicanism started with the stolen election of 2000 and has gotten worse every year, peaking recently with the election of a reality television star as our 45th President.
You are right, this began much earlier that 2000. You have to go back to the roots of the "neocon" movement in the late 70's and early 80's. Back in those days, Rush Limbaugh was one of the early instigators, he was particularly effective at inoculating the populace with his special brand of neo-fascist poison. No one can say precisely when the poisoning began, but it's somewhere in that time frame that we saw the emergence of the cult that eventually elected Trump. Never underestimate the power of propaganda and never overestimate the ability of a dumbed-down populace to swallow it hook, line and sinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 05:10 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
That is what you are looking for? Press opportunities, like ship dedications.

The entire GOP agenda is wallowing and you speak of staged appearances as doing "good things"?

If the entire year passes without health care improvements, meaningful tax reform or addressing our crumbling infrastructure (as promised) should we applaud Trump's golf handicap?
We voted Trump for President; we did not vote for the GOP to run the show. There are many that could sit on either side of the isle.

What we want to see is improvement. Until both sides of the isle realize that our Country does not stand a chance. Work for us and not the rest of the world. I was a Democrat for most of my life but the Party turned it's back on us. Trump has a list of his campaign pledges and he is trying to keep them - that is far more than either Party. Make our lives better and we will again support you; fight for one-world-government and open borders and end up being the amazing, vanishing, Democratic Party! That also goes for the GOP that seem bent on not cooperating.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
CNN producer on new O'Keefe video: Voters are 'stupid,' Trump is 'crazy' | TheHill

In the interview I linked CNN's crownies totally say Russia is nothing, it's all just ratings. Their viewers are stupid, and 90% of CNN hates Trump. They barely cover anything but Russia because of ratings, even though it's b.s. It's a lot of the same stuff you've posted. Who listens to this and still loves CNN? Geez, it's pretty obvious.

They're not in the business of making news, they're in the business of making money. Trumps well aware of that game and they hate it.
Mr. Trump is well aware of the for-high-profit 'media game'. After all, & stating the obvious, he's always been more interested in being ON TV than competently performing his responsibilities as POTUS.

& after all, his playing to the media was instrumental in his winning the Republican primaries.

His son-in-law Jared Kushner bought the New York Observer for $10 million in cash in 2006 as part of a 'graduation present' from his father & was an integral part of Mr. Trump's campaign.

& remember 'Trump TV'? Right before the election, when even he & his campaign strategists felt it unlikely he'd win the Presidency, his plan was to add a TV station to his 'brand'.

There's much truth in the Native American proverb, 'Those who tell the stories rule the world'.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:22 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I consider Trump taking on Big Media the greatest gift of all the gifts he has given us. Right now, big media is completely untrustworthy and he is pointing it out as well as their extreme bias.
It's one of the reasons that he won the election.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:57 AM

23,549 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
You think just like Trump, and most people in prison. Who rats you out (leaks) is more important than the act you committed to get you there.

All Trump has to do is stop Tweeting, stop golfing, stop holding rally's and spend the time crafting legislation that the majority wants and he promised to provide.

Any idiot could have predicted that trying to make the press your whipping boy would backfire horribly.

Trump bragged that he could use the press for free publicity, apparently that no longer holds true?

"Never argue with anyone who buys ink by the barrel”
The comment you'd made, that I'd bolded, is a prime example of what the leftist media is pushing. I often see people on here, and other places, who get their news from CNN, MSNBC, etc., who often post the question - 'what has Trump done that is good?'. They don't know because the leftist MSM is not reporting it. They think that all he is doing is playing golf, holding rally's and tweeting.

I don't watch the MSM, including Fox. But, I can't help if someone like Pence decides to go on Fox to talk about the good work that Trump has been doing, like Pence did yesterday. I tried to find CNN report about what Pence had said but I couldn't find anything, though I could have missed it if they did, or, maybe they're dragging their feet and will eventually report it.

VP Pence makes strong statements about Trump

And, there is Schumer, who had recently gone on ABC's This Week. On that program Schumer lied and said that gas prices "never go down" and even claimed that gas prices had gone up. I don't know where Schumer is getting his info from since gas prices have dropped to a 12-year low since Trump has been in office.

Schumer goes on ABC NEWS with false info about Trump and gas prices

But hey, if you want "mostly bullsh-t" stories, continue to believe what the MSM is foisting on you.
Personally, I'll wait until the real truth comes out, from the people in Washington who actually know. All I know at this point is that the FBI had stated that there is no there there, and, there has been no official updates to that conclusion from the investigating team.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:13 AM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Uh huh..riiiight. If what you say is true, then why does the media make up stuff and constantly lie? The media IS to blame

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ernative-facts

Quote:
In their false claims about the size of the crowd at the inauguration on Friday, and in the introduction to common parlance of the term “alternative facts”, senior aides to Donald Trump managed to achieve the unthinkable: getting rightwing news sites to disagree with the president.

Donald Trump's team defends 'alternative facts' after widespread protests
Read more
The Blaze, the Daily Caller and Fox News – generally staunch supporters – all called out Trump for his statement that “a million, million and a half people” attended his inauguration in Washington DC.

It was left to Breitbart News – whose former executive chair Steve Bannon is a senior adviser to Trump and which employs Julia Hahn, a writer linked this weekend to a White House post of her own – to defend the president. The conservative news site insisted that “it looked like the entire mall was full” on Friday and described “alternative facts” as “a harmless, and accurate, term in a legal setting”.
Yeah- the media makes 'stuff' up, lol. Seriously you guys parroting this dumpster argument are a beer short of a six-pack. There are lying media outlets- and they seem to gravitate around the right side of the political spectrum..

Now BIASES do exist, but that does not equate to a lie.

But I would only expect rational folks to get that. And seeing as though we have Trump... Well.....

Old 07-24-2017, 08:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I consider Trump taking on Big Media the greatest gift of all the gifts he has given us. Right now, big media is completely untrustworthy and he is pointing it out as well as their extreme bias.
Trump hasn't done anything other than bleat fake news ad nauseam. At this point he simply sounds like a crazy person mumbling the same words over & over while drooling on his plate.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
I don't like Trump, but the majority of our media is laughable. It's filled with partisans chasing their agendas.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ernative-facts

Yeah- the media makes 'stuff' up, lol. Seriously you guys parroting this dumpster argument are a beer short of a six-pack. There are lying media outlets- and they seem to gravitate around the right side of the political spectrum..

Now BIASES do exist, but that does not equate to a lie.

But I would only expect rational folks to get that. And seeing as though we have Trump... Well.....
Dan Rather.

That sums it up.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
The media declared war on Trump first, he only responded when push came to shove. And the media has turned on the American people with its proliferation of partisan journalism and fake news.
So the enemy of our enemy is our friend. Love him or hate him, Trump is on our side, right, left and middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies