Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 03:19 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Besides embarrassment, what has this newly administration accomplished?
Not much, thanks to liberal resistance turds who put party over country. You can credit yourselves for the win if your own country trapped like a mammoth in the tar pit that you made for it can be called a win.

We just elected a president. You do realize that's not a wrong thing don't you? You set out to nullify the government. This is on you.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:20 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Looks like his accomplishments have been covered. In the future, I would encourage those that are against Trump to read more than the headlines or their anti-Trump dailies, and do a little research to avoid looking, well, ignorant.

My favorite is "keeping Hillary out of the White House", as that blessing crosses party lines, racial lines, gender lines........ You don't have to be a Republican to appreciate that!

Old 07-24-2017, 03:21 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Here is an accurate take on the MAGA economic agenda....
https://qz.com/1037163/trumps-inabil...2017-and-2018/

In other words, the only place where we are "great again" is in some people's heads.
And it started with the first quarter of 2017.....but you don't want to hear that, because the first quarter is in OCT 2016....

Old 07-24-2017, 03:24 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Not much, thanks to liberal resistance turds who put party over country. You can credit yourselves for the win if your own country trapped like a mammoth in the tar pit that you made for it can be called a win.

We just elected a president. You do realize that's not a wrong thing don't you? You set out to nullify the government. This is on you.

you do realize the GOP can push through any bill it wants, it has a majority in the house, senate and the WH. they could have killed ACA without one single def vote, right...please tell me you can count to 50?

AS for the bold, I would suggest you look at GOP and Mitch McConnell quotes form 2010, as this was his and Boehner's stated goal, they actually said this out loud. but it's only bad when it hurts your team, right?

Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Gorsuch

mike drop

Old 07-24-2017, 03:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Besides embarrassment, what has this newly administration accomplished?
Supreme Gorsuch. If Trump appoints another Supreme Court Judge during his two terms as president, that will be gravy.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Trump is a self-absorbed con-man, no doubt. But Hillary is an out-right criminal. (I voted for neither). I've watched her entire public career, spanning forty-five years (read about her years at Yale). It got to the point, for me, that I'd even take four years of Donald Trump, of all people, to keep her from becoming Commander-in-Chief of the military.
Dems still don't understand most of us didn't vote for Trump. We voted against Hillary.

I'm happy with the results.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
you do realize the GOP can push through any bill it wants, it has a majority in the house, senate and the WH. they could have killed ACA without one single def vote, right...please tell me you can count to 50?

AS for the bold, I would suggest you look at GOP and Mitch McConnell quotes form 2010, as this was his and Boehner's stated goal, they actually said this out loud. but it's only bad when it hurts your team, right?
So first you tell me I'm wrong and that it's all because of Republican disunity. And then you tell me how the GOP had it coming from the Democrats as tit for tat for what Ted Cruz did to Obama. You're admitting that the Democrats have taken a hated page from the Republicans' old playbook and blown it up into something that would choke both Tolstoy and Chance & Change ... but you're absolved from your own disgusting wallow in hypocrisy because it's Republican disunity that's to blame. Right. Your 'resistance' nullification movement in the media, intel community, federal courts, congress and senate which has coalesced into the Dem's neo-McCarthyistic "red scare" witch-hunt for Russian collusion ... that's all been entirely ineffective, right? That's what you're trying to tell me - "We did it. We took some of the Republican's nasty fu**ery that we hated so much and then we amplified it by 10 and played it right back at them but we aren't scumbag hypocrites because it was entirely ineffective." The Republicans are completely responsible for their own lack of forward progress.

So phony.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dems still don't understand most of us didn't vote for Trump. We voted against Hillary.

I'm happy with the results.
A truly wasted vote.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:56 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
So first you tell me I'm wrong and that it's all because of Republican disunity. And then you tell me how the GOP had it coming from the Democrats as tit for tat for what Ted Cruz did to Obama. You're admitting that the Democrats have taken a hated page from the Republicans' old playbook and blown it up into something that would choke both Tolstoy and Chance & Change ... but you're absolved from your own disgusting wallow in hypocrisy because it's Republican disunity that's to blame. Right. Your 'resistance' nullification movement in the media, intel community, federal courts, congress and senate which has coalesced into the Dem's neo-McCarthyistic "red scare" witch-hunt for Russian collusion ... that's all been entirely ineffective, right? That's what you're trying to tell me - "We did it. We took some of the Republican's nasty fu**ery that we hated so much and then we amplified it by 10 and played it right back at them but we aren't scumbag hypocrites because it was entirely ineffective." The Republicans are completely responsible for their own lack of forward progress.

So phony.
1) I never said it was right
2) Either way, had the GOP not thrown away all norms this reality wouldn't exist
3) The GOP could have passed ACA repeal without 1 single Def vote, yet didn't manage to get it done which will have downstream effects on tax reform and the entire legislative agenda.

Governing is hard, simple and vague answers don't actually achieve anything.

Last edited by Metsfan53; 07-24-2017 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies