Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:02 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. The Majority Head of the US Senate doesn't nominate the SCOTUS. Again, this is high school civics.

Trump made a HUGE accomplishment by choosing a member a nominee to the Supreme Court and getting them confirmed through the hostile Senate.

Once again, you literally miss the entire point. IF it wasn't for McConnell Garland would be a member of SCOTUS. and McConnell got Trump's nominee in by blowing up the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees. Trump just said yes to the guy his team put in front of him.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:08 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Just WOW !

Your news when the WH is in question comes FROM the WH? Extraordinary.

Good luck with that.

From what I've seen, reading your list diagonally I admit, only one point could be accepted as an achievement, well as a done thing, not so much more. That is the nomination of a conservative judge in replacement of an even more conservative judge than the new nominee will ever be. Nothing any republican wouldn't have done, by the way.

Good for you!

Then, facts? numbers? truths?

When your source needs to be the WH press, not even fake/true news network, you are sure in trouble without those above : facts, numbers, truths. NOTHING in your list is backed by any real facts. Ever heard of the concept of being judge and party?

Sorry. Try again.
Actually, about 2 - 3 weeks ago, I sent a message to the White House asking them for a running list of Trump actions posted to either the White House website or the campaign website. Purpose: To enable supporters who post in forums like this one to find them all in a central location in order to respond easily rather than research each subject individually which takes a lot of time. I was happy to see they did it and not just the first 90 days.

I agree that not all are accomplishments. Executive Orders are just that - orders. That's his job. The government agencies are part of the Executive Branch. His orders tell the heads of those agencies to do it. The accomplishment from those orders will come over time. For example, an accomplishment resulting from his Executive Orders to the VA will be the X reduction in wait time and X more vets being seen by doctors compared to previous years. There will be numbers with the accomplishment. His Executive Orders directed to ICE and Border Patrol should produce an accomplishment of an X decrease in crime committed by gangs, especially with regard to repeat offenders. His energy Executive Orders will produce accomplishments of cheaper energy prices by X amount and X more jobs if successful. The monetary savings on the reduction of regulations is an accomplishment.

In my opinion, it would be nice to add signing a tax reform bill. The accomplishment would not be signing the bill it will be the middle class paying X dollars less tax on average and business owners adding X more jobs because of it. The Xs will be the accomplishment.

If you ever wrote an executive's annual appraisal write up (substantiation for the grades/scores they get), you know they take credit for what people under them accomplish which is why I could never figure out why Secretary of State Hillary Clinton didn't use her State Department annual appraisals to brag about her accomplishments and instead just reported on her actions. Of course, former President Obama would take credit for hers most likely in his State of The Union.

Here's how you know whether something is an accomplishment or just an action. "John Doe met with the leaders of 3 Far East countries." That's an action. Now the accomplishment is written this way, "John Doe met with leaders of 3 Far East countries and as a result negotiated trade deals that reduced the trade deficit we have with those countries by 20%. It's got the result and a measurable amount.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:15 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That was the whole point in electing him. It was either him or her. I still think we made the right choice. There was no way to be happy with the outcome of this election. All we could do was choose the lesser of the evils which is what we did.

I just hope he has the sense not to run again and there is someone we actually want as president on the ballot for the next election.

ETA: I am, however, VERY happy with my stock portfolio.
Your stock portfolio is where it is because of the last 8 years, not the last 6 months. I agree the election was a choice between two evils, but by far the greater evil was chosen.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:19 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
I'm surprised he managed to accomplished a lot of things despite the hostile political environment.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Your stock portfolio is where it is because of the last 8 years, not the last 6 months. I agree the election was a choice between two evils, but by far the greater evil was chosen.
This post is too true.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:34 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
1) I never said it was right
2) Either way, had the GOP not thrown away all norms this reality wouldn't exist
You were careful not to say it was right but you sure haven't said it was wrong. Nor have you admitted the truth of how psychotically Democrats have overreacted to Trump. Not even in the same realm as what Republicans did to obstruct Obama. I'm not as myopic on the comparison here as you might like to think. I voted for Obama in '08 and I saw what the GOP did and I didn't like it but in hindsight that was amateur hour compared to the bolshevik revolution meets Joe McCarthy freak show that you people are playing out right now. It's YOU guys who need to be concerned about the Pandora's box effect. One day the Dems will be back in power ... or are y'all actually that defeatist or dumb that you either don't think you will be or don't think you'll pay the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53
3) The GOP could have passed ACA repeal without 1 single Def vote, yet didn't manage to get it done which will have downstream effects on tax reform and the entire legislative agenda.
They didn't get it done because they didn't have a viable plan. Fine. What's the point of replacing your ACA dumpster fire with some new POS that we would have to suffer through for another few years to find out how stupid and venal it's architects were? If you were smart you wouldn't be crowing too much about the Republicans failing to come up with a workable healthcare plan. Your house is burning down just the same as mine. Shame on Democrats for 'resisting' instead of helping and shame on them for cheerleading Obamacare instead of being realistic about its imminent implosion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies