Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some IT guy. Can't even use IT spell check.

Color me unimpressed.
Color him with a seven figure salary and a contributor to a facility that you would recognize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You are using algebra every day.
Then I clearly have less understanding of it then I initially thought.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Then I clearly have less understanding of it then I initially thought.
No. You have more .

Old 07-25-2017, 06:11 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
College administrations could end the racial degree gap easily by giving a degree to anyone who asks for it by charging a small fee for a diploma. Problem solved. Every American or non-American will have a degree. All college grads with this diploma will be worth an equal amount in the workplace, too. Nada.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-25-2017 at 06:21 AM..

Old 07-25-2017, 06:16 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Color him with a seven figure salary and a contributor to a facility that you would recognize.
But too IT incompetent to use spell check? I'm not buying it.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
But too IT incompetent to use spell check? I'm not buying it.
Whatever. Your disbelief does not negate reality. I really don't care what you think. I was there, and I've written releases that you may have seen. Not really that big of a deal.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:23 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
College administrations could end the racial degree gap easily by giving a degree to anyone who asks for it by charging a small fee for a diploma. Problem solved. Every American or non-American will have a degree. All college grads with this diploma will be worth equally in the workplace, too. Nada.
That already happens for "people of color."

African-Americans Most Likely to Attend Low-Quality Colleges | Money | TIME

And then they get cushy jobs in local, state or federal government.

Quote:
"Since blacks are overrepresented in government work, the public-sector cuts naturally affected them more."
Blacks hit hardest by public-sector job losses during recession, study finds | UW News

Old 07-25-2017, 06:31 AM

23,545 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
College administrations could end the racial degree gap easily by giving a degree to anyone who asks for it by charging a small fee for a diploma. Problem solved. Every American or non-American will have a degree. All college grads with this diploma will be worth an equal amount in the workplace, too. Nada.
Think of all the savings there would be. So much is now spent on edu the cost savings would be unprecedented. No more property taxes going to edu!!!!!!!

Great idea!

Since Cali wants to be its own country, let's see where it stands in comparison to other countries. If Cali would become its own country, Mexico would annex it in a heartbeat.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
I disagree with this decision. Students simply need to put in the extra work if they are struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Every time I read something like this, I take it as an insult to black people. And I find it just as offensive than any N-word someone could throw at me, or any other offensive thing that someone might direct at me. Because it's basically saying that minorities are dumb and lazy and need everything dumbed-down for them. Liberal racism is the worst kind of racism because they smile in your face while telling you how stupid you are, but it's ok because it's for your own good.
This has far more to do with Hispanics from Central America. The article specifies "first generation, people of color" as having the most difficult time. In California, that's Hispanics. In fact, most first-gens of African origin (non-Hispanic) excel, even when English is not their first language.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:34 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Think of all the savings there would be. So much is now spent on edu the cost savings would be unprecedented. No more property taxes going to edu!!!!!!!

Great idea!

Since Cali wants to be its own country, let's see where it stands in comparison to other countries. If Cali would become its own country, Mexico would annex it in a heartbeat.
California does have the potential to be it's own country. They can name it Dumbf*ckistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies