Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:54 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,467,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
If Russia is arming them with any weapons would that be a problem for you?

Do our own generals in the field hold any credibility for you?
Yeah I would have an issue with Russia directly shipping arms to Taliban.

As I have said repeatedly these are not new, not improved. Those are worn out 70s era weapons that I see nothing like I posted, those are improved.

Your article states for the 2nd time they came from IRAN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,714,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL what part of... the weapons came from IRAN did you miss from the article???

Are they of Russian make? Possibly. The Chinese are good at ripping off kalashnikovs... Russia sold Iran arms back when we were at odds with them...

Russia sold arms to the Vietnamese too...

In every warring country you can find Soviet bloc firearms. RPK RPD AKM (be it a 47 a 74 or Draco pistol) SKS etc...
What part of "from Russia via Iran" did YOU miss?

Notable that you are not answering whether Russia even providing ancient weapons would be problematic.

Or if the Generals might be credible.

You are fixated on whether these are the latest or even semi-quality, which is really not the point here.

We know Russia threatened to shoot down our planes very recently.

Generals on the ground are believing Russia is providing weapons.

The very real possibility that Russia is using Iran as a proxy is definitely not off the table.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
What part of "from Russia via Iran" did YOU miss?

Notable that you are not answering whether Russia even providing ancient weapons would be problematic.

Or if the Generals might be credible.

You are fixated on whether these are the latest or even semi-quality, which is really not the point here.

We know Russia threatened to shoot down our planes very recently.

Generals on the ground are believing Russia is providing weapons.

The very real possibility that Russia is using Iran as a proxy is definitely not off the table.
From Russia back when they sold them to anyone and everyone 60s-80s in the middle east, news flash we even armed the Taliban when the Russians were in Afghanistan. And Russians sold to African nations up til the mid 90s....

So... if that's your Russia connection your being led to believe... you are being played a fool...

We also were arming Syrians too... strange how these isis videos start popping up with isis members shouldering and carrying M16s...

Did CNN cover special forces reports on finding Colt and FN stamped M16s/M4s on fallen isis members.

Blasphemy!

ISIS Shows Off Its American-Made M16 Rifles - NBC News

Who armed Syrians? More specifically who armed ISIS

Old 07-25-2017, 12:09 AM

Pay attention to details shaker.

FN stamping mark on the lower receiver

Your sources claim to "upgraded Russian weapon" on the left.
Pay close attention, you can see the rivets. You can see the coating worn right off down to bare metal. That AK is older than me.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,714,679 times
Still stuck on the idea that unless the weapons are "modern" or "new" or "upgraded" that they cannot be coming from the Russians via proxy?
Your response is an elaborate straw man. Most of the pictures are just repeats of previously posted pictures.

Let us agree to stipulate that the weapons in the video are not the latest or greatest. No one ever said they were. You latched onto the word "improved" and have been unable to move on from it. If someone says 'you are about to get run over by a huge red truck', I suspect you'd argue that the color is more on the orange side, ignoring the speeding truck part entirely.

How is this: Top US leadership believes that Russia is providing the Taliban with weaponry?

Now that we have put that all behind us, what do you think of the Generals in the field reporting that they think Russia is providing the Taliban (any) weapons?

Are our top people on the ground credible in your eyes?

Is it acceptable, for the Russians to provide any weaponry for use against US armed forces? Even muskets?

You keep posting pictures without addressing these very simple questions.

Your avoidance of addressing the actual issue is very obvious.

Last edited by shaker281; 07-25-2017 at 02:15 AM..

Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,045,362 times
If the Russians want to arm their fellow Asians, what's it to us?

The Taliban isn't our enemy. If we leave Afghanistan, we'll never hear a peep out of them.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:18 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,045,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Yeah I would have an issue with Russia directly shipping arms to Taliban.

As I have said repeatedly these are not new, not improved. Those are worn out 70s era weapons that I see nothing like I posted, those are improved.

Your article states for the 2nd time they came from IRAN
Why would you have an issue with it? If the Russians want to arm their own neighbors, what's it to you? You don't live in the region, and the Taliban have never attacked the United States.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,432,550 times
HAHA.

CNN was busted again.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times
We armed them before. We armed Al Queda. We armed Isis. Why not just mind our own business?

Maybe if we leave them be they might even be able to get back to wiping out the poppy fields.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Still stuck on the idea that unless the weapons are "modern" or "new" or "upgraded" that they cannot be coming from the Russians via proxy?
Your response is an elaborate straw man. Most of the pictures are just repeats of previously posted pictures.

Let us agree to stipulate that the weapons in the video are not the latest or greatest. No one ever said they were. You latched onto the word "improved" and have been unable to move on from it. If someone says 'you are about to get run over by a huge red truck', I suspect you'd argue that the color is more on the orange side, ignoring the speeding truck part entirely.

How is this: Top US leadership believes that Russia is providing the Taliban with weaponry?

Now that we have put that all behind us, what do you think of the Generals in the field reporting that they think Russia is providing the Taliban (any) weapons?

Are our top people on the ground credible in your eyes?

Is it acceptable, for the Russians to provide any weaponry for use against US armed forces? Even muskets?

You keep posting pictures without addressing these very simple questions.

Your avoidance of addressing the actual issue is very obvious.
Uh no... CNN got it wrong and you believe it.

It's not elaborate straw man. Shaker 281 I assume is pertaining to the shaker hood for the mustang... what I'm hung up on is claims to upgraded weaponry coming in from another middle east country because Russia...
That would the equivalent of you believing a Craigslist ad that someone has a Saleen or Roush Mustang when really all it is is a body kit stickers and loud exhaust on a stock Mustang, it isn't improved one bit. Especially when you open the hood....

Details count. Proof is in the pictures... they're not improved. They're getting the same old Soviet bloc weaponry from a fellow Muslim country.

As for your argument on getting run over by a big red truck I'd argue the distance of it as their vision sucks and Cleary cant see the truck is 50 yards away...

To say improved American arms went to isis is a fact... I don't see any old A1 Triangular hand guard slick side rifles. I see A3/A4 Colt and FN rifles and carbines....
For that statement to be incorrect, there would have to be old Pencil barreled M16s and M4s with triangular hand guards missing forward assists and shell deflectors from the upper receiver...
To be even more precise in the argument would be those weapons didn't directly come from us. Say they were shipped to Jordan or Isreal 2 allies of ours in the region... and Jordan or Isreal sold those arms to isis in Syria...

However there are photos of McCain with leaders of isis floating around...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies