Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 11:19 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

A thought coming to my mind most recently is that Trump, if he survives his term, may likely decide not to run again just like he basically avoids what is necessary to "repeal and replace" the ACA. Easier to just walk away, and also because I get the feeling Trump doesn't have the patience for what it takes to be POTUS, along with less and less in the way of a functioning administration, fewer supporters..., I can very easily see Trump Tweeting he won't run for a second term. He'll blame all the "enemies of the people" and go back to his resorts rather than face the very high likelihood he'll get embarrassed if he tries to run again. That it won't be against Hillary will make Trump's chances diminish significantly as well.

IOWs, Trump won't have Hillary to kick around anymore, and he'll not know what to do about that either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 11:57 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
I think 50/50, I'm sure he finds being a CEO far more attractive than being POTUS.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:08 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Low. I think he will inflicted himself like a cancer on or society for as long as he can.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:12 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Trump wants people to like him and the amount of outright hate the Left and Media is dumping on him has to be wearing on him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits after one term but then again deep down he loves this country and wants to do what is best for it, the reason why he ran in he first place but above all he is not a quitter.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:12 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,197 times
Doubt it. His ego is too big. if makes this term and would get reelected just imagine they "I told you so" card he would have. It would be huge and Trump would not risk on missing out on that. Should he not be reelected he can always fall back on blaming everyone else and how "unfair" they were to him. Win-win situation for him.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:31 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
100%. He already said he hates the job, and Don Jr. says he's miserable. Assuming they're not all in prison by 2020, he's not going to run again.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:32 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
A thought coming to my mind most recently is that Trump, if he survives his term, may likely decide not to run again just like he basically avoids what is necessary to "repeal and replace" the ACA. Easier to just walk away, and also because I get the feeling Trump doesn't have the patience for what it takes to be POTUS, along with less and less in the way of a functioning administration, fewer supporters..., I can very easily see Trump Tweeting he won't run for a second term. He'll blame all the "enemies of the people" and go back to his resorts rather than face the very high likelihood he'll get embarrassed if he tries to run again. That it won't be against Hillary will make Trump's chances diminish significantly as well.

IOWs, Trump won't have Hillary to kick around anymore, and he'll not know what to do about that either...
He doesn't want to go out in disgrace, but he is not getting any younger, he probably would like to retire and enjoy his hard earned money. With so much to live for and so little time one might think he would rather go off to enjoy himself: travel a little bit, visit some resorts, golf ...

Old 07-22-2017, 04:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
If a GOP primary was held today - would Trump win?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:40 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump wants people to like him and the amount of outright hate the Left and Media is dumping on him has to be wearing on him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits after one term but then again deep down he loves this country and wants to do what is best for it, the reason why he ran in he first place but above all he is not a quitter.
He has a bad case of Snowflakey-itis.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:41 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
He only wants to enrich himself and get free pr for his resorts. He didn't do it for patriotism. Stop guzzling the saccharine trump kool-aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies