Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times

Advertisements

The craziest thing about it is Muller is the kind of guy who runs from the spotlight. If Trump himself would just stop calling attention to the investigation, it would fade into the background for the year (give or take a few months) it would take to conduct the investgation. Deal with a crisis as it come up (like jr's email leak) and move on.

The press will report any crazy thing he tweets so TWEET ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE.

But no, rant about it constantly and keep it in the headlines. Keep feeding them new angles to write about the Russia investgation. Make yourself look guilty even when you say you aren't. That makes sense. SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 12:58 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Then why doesn't he instead of just tweeting insults at him?
Because Donnie Two Scoops is a coward. If Sessions quits of his own accord, there is no political fallout for Trump.

Trump has blatantly and publicly dissed Sessions. If I were Sessions, I'd stay on as Attorney General until Trump's gastric juices pour out of his ears.

Trump thinks he can hold a grudge. He hasn't seen jack yet. Trump doesn't know southerners.

Last edited by EDnurse; 07-25-2017 at 01:07 PM..

Old 07-25-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I have no idea, I'm just offering an opinion that he should. I suppose you're a fan of asset forfeiture and keeping marijuana illegal that sessions promotes. Sorry to step on your toes.
Trump doesn't give a rat's behind about that. If he did, he wouldn't have appointed Sessions in the first place.

As for Sessions' recusal, that had to be done after Sessions got caught lying for Trump.

And this is the thanks Sessions gets. I don't feel sorry for him though.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:08 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Then why doesn't he instead of just tweeting insults at him?
Because instead of grabbing it, Trump has become it.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Looks like Trump has thrown Sessions under the bus or perhaps under the truck ...like poor Phil Leotardo on The Sopranos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-dB_6Dvcw

If Sessions has any sense of self-esteem left, he should resign!
Sessions has already lost his reputation. If he has any self-esteem left, he would stay on just to aggravate Trump.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump is deranged for attacking his attorney general on twitter.

Trump is on video, after the election, saying he didn't want to go after Hillary.

He really doesn't want Sessions to investigate Hillary. He just wants to attack Sessions relentlessly, in public. Trump knows that Russiagate will sink him and he's wanting to stop the Russiagate investigation asap. Getting rid if Sessions is the first step needed before he can get someone else to fire Mueller.
This ^^^^^!

I don't know why people can't see this.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Sessions has already lost his reputation. If he has any self-esteem left, he would stay on just to aggravate Trump.
You just may be right! As much as I can't stand Jeff Sessions, I do believe he has been used and thrown away by Trump after a very short career as AG. Perhaps, like Dear Leader, he should take up tweeting his unfiltered thoughts on Trump. He wouldn't last long on the job, but it would probably make for some interesting reading!

Old 07-25-2017, 08:35 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
Ann Coulter had a tweet about this that made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...34720544329728

Old 07-25-2017, 08:57 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump is deranged for attacking his attorney general on twitter.

Trump is on video, after the election, saying he didn't want to go after Hillary.

He really doesn't want Sessions to investigate Hillary. He just wants to attack Sessions relentlessly, in public. Trump knows that Russiagate will sink him and he's wanting to stop the Russiagate investigation asap. Getting rid if Sessions is the first step needed before he can get someone else to fire Mueller.
Sessions cannot fire Mueller since he has recused himself. Asst AG Rothstein can but won't. Trump is mad at Sessions for recusing himself solely because he is unable to fire Mueller. Trump hopes that publicly humiliating Sessions will cause him to resign. After firing Comey he is probably hesitant to fire another high ranking official after the negative reaction to the Comey firing. Sessions leaves and Trump can bring in a new AG that will be able to fire Mueller.

I think that is his plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies