Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Haha. The majority of his 'reliable base' is in the age range of 65 to 90.

So by 2024--well you do the math.

Anyone thinking a bunch of millennials will vote for the princess is living in a dream world.
No, they won't. Millennials are completely turned off by Trump's Nationalism. They see the world as all connected and are globalists. His whole "America First" North Korean chant is just an anathema to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
I never said Trump was a boy scout, I was referring to the speech he gave to the boy scouts and the raucously rousing reception they gave him throughout, an indication that he doesn't just appeal to older generations (Enigma777 implied the Trump base wouldn't be alive to vote for Ivanka 2024).
They are 10 year old boy scouts and have no idea what they are cheering for. If my Westie did tricks on stage they would cheer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People tend to get more conservative as they age.
Not really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 07:41 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,286,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People tend to get more conservative as they age.
That's an old adage, but it's not supported by statistical research. On a generational basis, political affiliation is determined by the politics of the era when a person reaches voting age and remains distinct as we age.

Quote:
On an individual level, of course, many people’s political views evolve over the course of their lives. But academic research indicates not only that generations have distinct political identities, but that most people’s basic outlooks and orientations are set fairly early on in life. As one famous longitudinal study of Bennington College women put it, “through late childhood and early adolescence, attitudes are relatively malleable…with the potential for dramatic change possible in late adolescence or early adulthood. [b]ut greater stability sets in at some early point, and attitudes tend to be increasingly persistent as people age.”
The politics of American generations: How age affects attitudes and voting behavior | Pew Research Center

Also, there's the racial factor. Each living American generation is more diverse than the one preceding it. Today's kids, are likely the last generation in which a majority are non/Hispanic whites. Unless the GOP can finally overcome its over dependence on n/h white voters, you have to consider that impact on future voting.

Race of Americans over age 55: 75% n/h white
Age 35/54: 61.5% n/h white
18-34: 55.8% n/h white
Under 18: 51.5%

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...al-generation/

https://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...caucasian.html

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-26-2017 at 08:39 AM..

Old 07-26-2017, 07:45 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,032,578 times
.....and her dad wants to f*%k her, too!

Old 07-26-2017, 07:52 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,286,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Who was memeing the left to oblivion? Not those old foagies...

Alot of his base is +/- 5 years my age...
The GOP Is Dying Off. Literally. - POLITICO Magazine

R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death - Salon.com

Is the GOP dying of old age?

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/11/da...r-republicans/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/172439/pa...-spectrum.aspx

Old 07-26-2017, 07:55 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Hate to break this to you but most kids 9-13 years old don't have a political point of view, as scouts they respect the office of the presidency.

Or maybe they just like clowns.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:51 AM

10,712 posts, read 4,328,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Bingo!

What MAN wants to be irreverent, dirty, squander all his money, mean, discourteous to the point of obscenity and disobedient to the laws of the land? YOUR man. Our country has come to a sorry pass indeed when these are the values that roughly 35% of its citizens extol. These are not American values. These are the values of an authoritarian narcissist who can extol only himself and seeks only his only self-aggrandizement and self enrichment through openly illegal activities in the highest office of the land.

Most women hold Ivanka Trump in contempt. She's a rich little Daddy's girl who would be nothing except for the accident of birth. And grit? Surely, you jest. If that woman had to go through the things that most ordinary women do everyday, she be a whimpering shadow hidden in a corner. I'd like to see just what she'd do if she suddenly found herself stripped of all her wealth and was forced to stand on her own two feet. She'd fall over, that's what. She may be your heart's desire, but don't think for a moment that the majority of American women are as foolish as male Trump supporters.
Okay I'll give you clean, that's fair, but why would a man want to be cheerful, courteous and obedient?
That is the recipe for a loser.
People will walk all over and use a man that is so eager to please.

I think Ivanka has faced more hatred (aimed at her family overall) than any woman in America.
She appears to be mentally unbeatable.....and I'd think the female race would admire that because so often women are stereotyped as being too emotional.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Okay I'll give you clean, that's fair, but why would a man want to be cheerful, courteous and obedient?
That is the recipe for a loser.
People will walk all over and use a man that is so eager to please.

I think Ivanka has faced more hatred (aimed at her family overall) than any woman in America.
She appears to be mentally unbeatable.....and I'd think the female race would admire that because so often women are stereotyped as being too emotional.
The valid complaints about her exploiting women in other countries is not hatred.
Nor are the valid observations that she has been gifted her place at the table.

And to ignore the treatment that Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama have received is to have been born yesterday.

Does anyone else find it fascinating that "the female race," oft castigated for favoring Hillary Clinton for the simple reason that she is a woman, would now be commended for wanting to support Ivanka because she is female?

There really is no hypocritical boundary that 45's cultists will not breach.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:03 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,116 times
Wow, you REALLY want to continue with the political dynasties?

I got nothing against Ivanka. She's beautiful, smart, and has a hell of a lot more poise than the current pres. And she's been a Dem all her life until her dad got into politics... so I'll let you decide where her true values lie. But another multigenerational political family? No no no no. What next, Chelsea? Maybe Ivanka passes the baton to Eric next, then little Barron gets his turn in 40 years? Oh lordy no.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:14 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,183,267 times
If Ivanka has presidential aspirations I have some great ideas for her VP, Kim Kardashian, how about J-Zee as heath and human services, the Queen B can be appointed to a ambassador to UN. Kid Rock security council. DT has some empty spots right now maybe he can use some of these.

Maybe these suggestions are inappropriate but could we be any worse off than we are now. I am sure others have more interesting and entertaining ideas.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,607,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
If Ivanka has presidential aspirations I have some great ideas for her VP, Kim Kardashian, how about J-Zee as heath and human services, the Queen B can be appointed to a ambassador to UN. Kid Rock security council. DT has some empty spots right now maybe he can use some of these.

Maybe these suggestions are inappropriate but could we be any worse off than we are now. I am sure others have more interesting and entertaining ideas.
I was about to suggest Bieber for something but I forgot he is Canadian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies