Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 10:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
I never said Trump was a boy scout, I was referring to the speech he gave to the boy scouts and the raucously rousing reception they gave him throughout, an indication that he doesn't just appeal to older generations (Enigma777 implied the Trump base wouldn't be alive to vote for Ivanka 2024).
I know more than a few people who were present and they've indicated that, while plenty of kids were cheering (they're kids), plenty of adults and a good many kids were NOT cheering and that's why you've seen filing since and people withdrawing their kids from scouting.

The speech was grossly inappropriate.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:07 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,659 times
It's cute how Trump cult base believes politics is not fluid. In their twisted view they believe Republicans will still have the same amount of control they have today in 10 years. Not happening. Politics changes. Republicans are at their peak.

Obama and Hillary are NOT around anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 11:09 AM

This is why the Republicans are trying everything they can do to keep their power (voting ID laws, kill early voting, gerrymandering etc) Those in the RNC know they're are on borrow time. Once the baby boombers start dying off..they're are in a load of trouble.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:13 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Ivanka is much too smart, now that she's seen how the sausage is made, to run for office. She's remarked on the violence and vitriol on the Left and she's a Democrat! I'm sure she will continue her advocacy for her favorite causes much as she does now in the White House with entrepreneurship, family leave, getting girls interested in science, apprenticeship programs in community colleges and probably more that I've forgotten.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:16 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Those in the RNC know they're are on borrow time. Once the baby boombers start dying off..they're are in a load of trouble.
Actually the younger generation are the most conservative in decades. They are the new Counterculture
if you watch this video.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:01 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People tend to get more conservative as they age.
Conservative financially maybe, but there's a moving average when it comes to social conservatism. The 65-year-olds in 10-15-20 years wont be as conservative as the 65-year-olds right now. Since the GOP isn't financially conservative, they only have social conservativism to keep them going. If that no longer works, what will they have left? They're experimenting in populism right now, but that's not exactly going well, either.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:40 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Trump is a big phony. Can't figure it out? Do us all a favor and don't vote.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Actually the younger generation are the most conservative in decades. They are the new Counterculture
if you watch this video.

Keep telling yourself that. The RNC knows better, they see the data, they know what's going on. The problem is they're suck in a pickle. They know they have to move left, but how? If they start offending the evangelical base(an extremely, very reliable base who ALWAYS vote) they cannot win elections. Then they have the problem of an aging fox news audience and dead am radio.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Haha. The majority of his 'reliable base' is in the age range of 65 to 90.

So by 2024--well you do the math.

Anyone thinking a bunch of millennials will vote for the princess is living in a dream world.
They will be replace like they always are as others advance in age and evolve in wisdom. "MAGA"

Old 07-26-2017, 01:29 PM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The valid complaints about her exploiting women in other countries is not hatred.
Nor are the valid observations that she has been gifted her place at the table.

And to ignore the treatment that Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama have received is to have been born yesterday.

Does anyone else find it fascinating that "the female race," oft castigated for favoring Hillary Clinton for the simple reason that she is a woman, would now be commended for wanting to support Ivanka because she is female?

There really is no hypocritical boundary that 45's cultists will not breach.
I feel the Trump family as whole is hated far more than the Clinton or Obama family.
I never had a problem with women voting for Hillary for her sex, it was to be expected (but she got less than expected).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I know more than a few people who were present and they've indicated that, while plenty of kids were cheering (they're kids), plenty of adults and a good many kids were NOT cheering and that's why you've seen filing since and people withdrawing their kids from scouting.

The speech was grossly inappropriate.
Yeah I wasn't referring to the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies