Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:48 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times

Advertisements

If Trump fires Mueller, he will seal his own fate.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sounds perfect, wonder where flyover country would get their farm subsidies. Really, liberal coup is needed, just quietly and persistently pull away and separate gradually over time so that flyover country doesn't notice.
They wouldn't need farm subsidies.

You might believe Facebook is more important than grain and energy, but it's not.

You can develop apps for a million people in a small office anywhere in the world, but that isn't the same for crops and energy.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You sound like you have an inside line on this - or is it some web site you found?

Mueller is/was a Republican appointed by Bush. He is highly respected. This leftie here - and many others - would be fine and dandy with him indicting anyone and everyone involved. Personally, I'd rather see the Wall Street Banksters (of whatever party) locked up first though.

But a reasonable person such as myself says "let the chips fall where they may".

I guess it's not of much validity to you that Ukraine desired to "go west" - and even become a member of NATO...and that it sees Russia as an adversary just like we do.

Therefore, helping the Ukraine on the "left" side of things (helping it become closer to the west) would seem vastly different than:

1. Helping it become part of Russia again.
and/or
2. Helping Russia....

Next thing you'll want us to investigate helping the Swiss or the Brits, eh?

In matter of treason it DOES matter which side you stand on.
I understand Mueller came from Bush, but his team is supect with DNC Operatives. This being said is the Dems just may discover that this trial of crumbs just may lead in thier laps. The Russins has always been positioning themselves since Stalin. Any action they take is understandable as we position key players in Russia.
Treason question? There is no solid line of information to suggest this other than smoke. However the same can be said to Clinton who activly colluded with the Ukraine Gov and inturn Russia.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They wouldn't need farm subsidies.

You might believe Facebook is more important than grain and energy, but it's not.

You can develop apps for a million people in a small office anywhere in the world, but that isn't the same for crops and energy.
They don't need farm subsidies? That is great news. They should miss the left even less then. It is just as easy to buy produce globally as it is within the United States. The more flyover states say they don't need the West Coast or Northeast, the easier it is for those regions to quietly separate.

Congress and Farmers Are Shocked By Proposed USDA Cuts : The Salt : NPR

Despite Record Yields, Farm Sector Profits are Forecast to Decline for the Third Straight Year - Rural America

Old 07-25-2017, 05:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Does the left honestly believe if they pull off a coup. That millions of Trump gun owning supporters like me will just sit quietly back and allow this to happen----"NOT"

Former CIA Director Calls For A Coup If Trump Fires Mueller | Zero Hedge
Ok, first of all here is what Zero Hedge stated after Brennan said government officials should refuse to carry out Trump's orders of firing Mueller: ...Brennan told CNN's Wolf Blitzer at the Aspen Security Forum, effectively calling for a coup against the president should Trump give the order to fire Mueller...."

He did not call for a coup, Zero Hedge just claimed he did. Zero Hedge appears to not know what a coup is. That would be the military taking over the government.

Maybe they think it would be a revolution? Well, that is always possible when you have a selfish king who wants everyone to bend to his will, which is, in fact, how our country was born and most people are quite proud of that, not thinking it was "completely insane."

And John Brennan is hardly "the left."

Your headline totally misstates the article, which totally misstates Brennan.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
They don't need farm subsidies? That is great news. They should miss the left even less then. It is just as easy to buy produce globally as it is within the United States. The more flyover states say they don't need the West Coast or Northeast, the easier it is for those regions to quietly separate.

Congress and Farmers Are Shocked By Proposed USDA Cuts : The Salt : NPR

Despite Record Yields, Farm Sector Profits are Forecast to Decline for the Third Straight Year - Rural America
It's much easier to buy an app, movie or cell phone globally than crops or petroleum products.

It wasn't that long ago that things like televisions, dishwashers and cars were major components of the US economy.

If you think most of the non-agricultural on the east and west coast can't be easily offshored, you're quite delusional.

As the world's population continues to increase, food and energy become more and more valuable.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:06 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Does the left honestly believe if they pull off a coup. That millions of Trump gun owning supporters like me will just sit quietly back and allow this to happen----"NOT"

Former CIA Director Calls For A Coup If Trump Fires Mueller | Zero Hedge
"The left". I'm sorry, but just because someone realizes Trump is an incompetent fool interested only in protecting himself, that doesn't make them part of the "left".

If Mueller is fired by Trump, expect serious repercussions. From people on all sides of the political aisle. And rightly so! That would be an enormous mistake.

And by the way, we don't need a coup - that's what the impeachment process is for. Also, he never said the words "coup" in the interview. That was inserted there by the article.

His words:
Quote:
I think it's the obligation of some executive branch officials to refuse to carry that out. I would just hope that this is not going to be a partisan issue. That Republicans, Democrats are going to see that the future of this government is at stake and something needs to be done for the good of the future.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's much easier to buy an app, movie or cell phone globally than crops or petroleum products.
Because buying produce at Costco that was brought in from Central America is difficult? I do it all the time and did all last winter. U.S. farmers don't have a hold on anything and appear to be surviving on the generosity of U.S. taxpayers. If the West Coast and Northeast continue to source food globally, maybe the middle of the country can survive by bartering with each other.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:09 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I understand Mueller came from Bush, but his team is supect with DNC Operatives.
What's a DNC operative?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Because buying produce at Costco that was brought in from Central America is difficult? I do it all the time and did all last winter. U.S. farmers don't have a hold on anything and appear to be surviving on the generosity of U.S. taxpayers. If the West Coast and Northeast continue to source food globally, maybe the middle of the country can survive by bartering with each other.
How much grain is grown in Central America?

Trust me, once these other countries know how dependent you are on them, they will continue raising prices. Do you think they will continue picking fruit for $2 a day when you must buy from them?

The flyovers will just sell to other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies