Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 11:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Other president's have been very active in creating and supporting legislation. Trump has failed to even get his own party's legislation passed with a majority. And he clearly has not been instrumental in the process. Is he calling his own initiative and policy "mean"?

Make a thread detailing your positive experience with the VA and how it connects to Trump's actions.

VoteVets Slams Donald Trump's Executive Order Punishing Veterans | VoteVets.org

Trump's proposal to slash benefits for veterans 'dead on arrival' in Congress

American Legion slams Trump
I don't need to make a separate thread.
Its simple. I need a special kind of shot. I went to a Dr. 1/2 mile from my house. It took me 30 min. and I was done. Before I had to spend 3 to 4 hours travel plus 3 to 4 hours waiting room and spend $45 on gas. It took up the whole day really. I did it in 1/2 hour for $ 2 in gas.

Donald Trump signs extension of veterans' choice health care bill - Washington Times

http://dailysignal.com/2017/07/10/yo...or-misconduct/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-health-care/

Last edited by phma; 07-26-2017 at 12:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 12:15 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
How long would any politician be in office if they told the people the truth ? Do you think they get elected by telling people they are going to screw them ? I haven't seen that campaign yet.
I guess I'm a bit confused on this. I was under the impression that part of Trump's appeal was that he was not a politician and was a straight shooter with people. Didn't he say at his rallies that he would be truthful?

Or is it business as usual for a politician and the stuff about being different can be conveniently forgotton?

Old 07-26-2017, 12:30 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times
Quote:
I don't need to make a separate thread.
Its simple. I need a special kind of shot. I went to a Dr. 1/2 mile from my house. It took me 30 min. and I was done. Before I had to spend 3 to 4 hours travel plus 3 to 4 hours waiting room and spend $45 on gas. It took up the whole day really. I did it in 1/2 hour for $ 2 in gas.

Donald Trump signs extension of veterans' choice health care bill - Washington Times

You're Fired: Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-health-care/

Your experience is called an anecdote.

Trump signing an EO firing people is nice, but now let's examine the bigger picture.

"The Executive Order, signed by Trump, freezes pay and hiring for all Federal agencies with few exemptions. The Federal workforce is 31% veteran, meaning roughly 623,000 veterans depend on Federal jobs and pay."

"Veterans advocates say a proposal from the Trump administration that would dramatically cut monthly stipends to individual veterans is "dead on arrival" in Congress.Although President Donald Trump's proposed budget plan for the 2018 fiscal year would increase spending across the Department of Veterans Affairs, the proposal would also slash individual unemployment benefits for disabled veterans by more than $40.8 billion over 10 years.
The cuts could mean a reduction of as much as $22,000 per year for some eligible veterans, advocates say.
Individual unemployment benefits are paid to veterans who are disabled as a result of military service and can't work."

"The head of the American Legion on Friday blasted President Trump’s 2018 budget proposal as a “stealth privatization” of veterans services.
Legion National Commander Charles Schmidt said the White House’s proposed budget for Veterans Affairs was an “unacceptable attack” on those who served the nation.
Trump has touted his $186 billion plan as veteran-friendly for its $4 billion increase in discretionary funding.
It includes an expansion of the VA’s Choice Card Program, which allows veterans to seek medical appointments with private-sector physicians at taxpayers’ expense.
Military veterans among the many workers striking on Memorial Day
But its increased costs were going to be offset by cuts to services used by older vets — including rounding down the cost of living increases for veterans and doing away with a program that helped unemployed ex-military.
Schmidt said the budget did little to serve the needs of elder vets."

Glad you got your shot. That rash going away? Seems Trump's attempt to buy votes worked on you. But, you were already a Trump voter, so no real gain there.

Last edited by shaker281; 07-26-2017 at 12:57 AM..

Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I guess I'm a bit confused on this. I was under the impression that part of Trump's appeal was that he was not a politician and was a straight shooter with people. Didn't he say at his rallies that he would be truthful?

Or is it business as usual for a politician and the stuff about being different can be conveniently forgotton?
I don't care what any politician says. I care what they do. The cookie cutters weren't getting the job done so people took a chance on Trump. He's kept his promises for the most part with what he's done and is trying to do. He can play golf 3 days a week for the next 7 1/2 years for all I care. He would still put in more time than congress.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:45 AM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I disagree with about everything you said.
Just because I'm curious--your comment indicates that you agree with something I said. What do you agree with?

Quote:
Our country was in a big mess when Trump took over in January. The problem is that our leaders for centuries have been playing politics instead of running a country.
No, your leaders have been running the country, but playing politics is a part of that. One cannot tell Group X that they suck, because Group Y is so much better--one needs to tell Group X (in a kindly way) that they need to adopt Group Y's ideas and policies, if they want to succeed. This is what Mr. Trump is neglecting to do: he will not even try to get his opponents over to his side. He calls them names, he dismisses their views, he puts them down at every turn. He's making no friends on the other side, and only making them dig in their heels harder. In my opinion, Mr. Trump needs to learn how to "play politics," if he is to succeed.

Quote:
I have seen a much better America and would like to see us strong again.
On this, we can agree. I have seen a better America too; one that the rest of the world looked up to. These days, not so much.

Quote:
Globalism will not accomplish it. Eastern religions are not compatible with democracy. They don't know how to compromise and let the law be the rule.
Who brought globalism or religion into this discussion?

Well never mind, as long as you brought it up. Globalism is a fact; no country can stand on its own. As long as somebody produces it cheaper, you'll buy it: if you can buy an American-made clock radio at Walmart for $14.99, or a Chinese one for $5.99, which would you choose? For that matter, which would most American consumers choose?

Advocating anti-globalist trade is, in effect, becoming North Korea, with its "juche" (self-reliant) ideal. I don't think that any American would want the US to become like North Korea.

As for religion--your constitution prevents any religion from taking over the United States. I'm unsure why you're worried about that.

Quote:
We need to get back to law and order and stop being more concerned with diversity than we are in uniting our people. The more talk there is about this group and that group the more the country becomes divided.
You already have law and order. What you need to realize is that "law and order" is more than cops and guns and using those to shut down people who look different or who have a different point of view than you do. Diversity is not a bad thing--you end up talking with those who have a different point of view; and together, you can work on solutions to achieve a mutual benefit. If you work with those who are different, you will be united; if you believe that you can bend them to your will, you will forever be divided.

<snip>

Quote:
Obama was supposed to be a constitutional expert but most of his constitutional efforts seemed to be how to ruin our country. Maybe congress should grow a backbone and start doing their job again.
Mr. Obama was (and presumably still is) a constitutional expert. To the best of my knowledge, he never tried to subvert the constitution. It seems to me that Mr. Obama looked at the Constitution as a "living tree," shaped by Supreme Court law; but there is nothing wrong with that interpretation, in my view. Others may disagree, and argue for an originalist interpretation. But given that the United States is a common-law country, and relies on legal precedent, I think that Mr. Obama's view of the Constitution as a "living tree" would prevail.

At any rate, Mr. Trump has made it very apparent that he is no constitutional scholar. He could surround himself with a few, but he chooses to appoint family members who are just as schooled in the Constitution as he is (that is, not at all knowledgeable about the US Constitution). Mr. Trump needs to realize that he is not the smartest in the room--in fact, he is far from it--and listen to people who know more than he does.

Last edited by ChevySpoons; 07-26-2017 at 01:51 AM..

Old 07-26-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I don't care what any politician says. I care what they do. The cookie cutters weren't getting the job done so people took a chance on Trump. He's kept his promises for the most part with what he's done and is trying to do. He can play golf 3 days a week for the next 7 1/2 years for all I care. He would still put in more time than congress.
You care that Trump tossed YOU a bone while simultaneously screwing veterans nationwide (per veterans groups). That much is apparent.

He does play golf 3 days a week. The rest of the time he watches Fox and Friends.

Meanwhile, Rome burns!

Old 07-26-2017, 01:12 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Rally sizes? Are you serious? The president was grossly off the mark about his inauguration ceremony size. If I can't trust him with that trivial matter, how the hell can I trust him to be accurate about his rally sizes? Also, where and when is this next rally? Where and when were his other rallies he held over the previous 3 months? So far, I call Bullsh!

Slow down Phil75230!

First of all, the people who voted for Trump work for a living.

After we got him elected, we went back to work.

It's what we do.

Aretha Franklin and Jessie Jackson can take a few days off to celebrate an Obama victory, but working Americans, the people who support Trump, have **** to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvFs8elSOOY

Old 07-26-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Your experience is called an anecdote.

Trump signing an EO firing people is nice, but now let's examine the bigger picture.

"The Executive Order, signed by Trump, freezes pay and hiring for all Federal agencies with few exemptions. The Federal workforce is 31% veteran, meaning roughly 623,000 veterans depend on Federal jobs and pay."

"Veterans advocates say a proposal from the Trump administration that would dramatically cut monthly stipends to individual veterans is "dead on arrival" in Congress.Although President Donald Trump's proposed budget plan for the 2018 fiscal year would increase spending across the Department of Veterans Affairs, the proposal would also slash individual unemployment benefits for disabled veterans by more than $40.8 billion over 10 years.
The cuts could mean a reduction of as much as $22,000 per year for some eligible veterans, advocates say.
Individual unemployment benefits are paid to veterans who are disabled as a result of military service and can't work."

"The head of the American Legion on Friday blasted President Trump’s 2018 budget proposal as a “stealth privatization” of veterans services.
Legion National Commander Charles Schmidt said the White House’s proposed budget for Veterans Affairs was an “unacceptable attack” on those who served the nation.
Trump has touted his $186 billion plan as veteran-friendly for its $4 billion increase in discretionary funding.
It includes an expansion of the VA’s Choice Card Program, which allows veterans to seek medical appointments with private-sector physicians at taxpayers’ expense.
Military veterans among the many workers striking on Memorial Day
But its increased costs were going to be offset by cuts to services used by older vets — including rounding down the cost of living increases for veterans and doing away with a program that helped unemployed ex-military.
Schmidt said the budget did little to serve the needs of elder vets."

Glad you got your shot. That rash going away? Seems Trump's attempt to buy votes worked on you. But, you were already a Trump voter, so no real gain there.
I was hurt more under Obama when they stopped paying cash travel expenses, and monthly payments were paid electronically.
Rounding down was normal and I never noticed when they stopped it and won't notice it if they go back to it either.
IU comes under fraud, waste, abuse and should have never been allowed to be paid at 100% except in some cases. It has tripled and the biggest scam in the system. That is the single most abused rating that needs to be brought under control. Its like Medicaid in that way. Once a benefit is given out it hard to reform it or pull it back. It takes an act of congress to change it. Trump was smart for putting that in the budget. He put it on congress. I don't blame the Vet. if they can get it. Get it. I don't blame the Vet originations that fight for benefits and object to cuts either. That's their job.
Most people don't understand the rating system. My individual ratings are 200 % but the max. I can get paid at is 100% and I can still work a job and did until I retired. People don't understand that and I didn't either when I first received a rating.
If you are still here, trust me, so is my rash but MAGA will make it better.

Last edited by phma; 07-26-2017 at 02:07 AM..

Old 07-26-2017, 02:08 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Is there any doubt President Trump is the Greatest advocate for the people. The GOP better get on board his agenda.

His rally tonight should put to rest that the people who supported him still support him and are growing stronger no matter what the Media says or the pundits say. We don't care about the OLD Republican agenda or the Paul Ryan agenda. We want the congress to support the Trump agenda and fight back against the witch hunt. If they think they can unseat this President they better get that out of their head and I mean now.

The progressives have no clue what's going on. This is a complete mentality change and they are flummoxed as to what is going on.

They still rely on polls! How stupid is that?

Old 07-26-2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
I was hurt more under Obama when they stopped paying cash travel expenses, and monthly payments were paid electronically.
Rounding down was normal and I never noticed when they stopped it and won't notice it if they go back to it either.
IU comes under fraud, waste, abuse and should have never been allowed to be paid at 100% except in some cases. It has tripled and the biggest scam in the system. That is the single most abused rating that needs to be brought under control. Its like Medicaid in that way. Once a benefit is given out it hard to reform it or pull it back. It takes an act of congress to change it. Trump was smart for putting that in the budget. He put it on congress. I don't blame the Vet. if they can get it. Get it. I don't blame the Vet originations that fight for benefits and object to cuts either. That's their job.
Most people don't understand the rating system. My individual ratings are 200 % but the max. I can get paid at is 100% and I can still work a job and did until I retired. People don't understand that and I didn't either when I first received a rating.
If you are still here, trust me, so is my rash but MAGA will make it better.
First of all, I support decent health care for everyone. I think we should not be selective in providing that basic necessity. I applaud Trump for making the effort and hope he takes it much, much further. If Trump did nothing but deliver on what he promised, regarding health care, while campaigning, I would consider that quite an accomplishment.

I would like to see him forcing Congress to improve upon the current system before it implodes and we need a back hoe to dig ourselves out of the mess we have created. He has taken steps that he believes will improve the VA delivery of health care and I hope he takes it much further and listens to veteran's groups and the insurance industry. and then acts accordingly.

I apologize if I was rude. As a person who is dealing with health issues and has seen first hand how that can affect your life and the lives of your loved ones, I hope you and other Trump supporters draw on that experience and send your message to DJT and Congress that ignoring the needs of the people who elected them to serve is not an option.

Cheers!

Last edited by shaker281; 07-26-2017 at 03:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies