Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 05:16 AM

33,062 posts, read 12,328,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That is the risk Trump took to run. Trump made all kinds of promises that he would sell his businesses, put them in a trust, not be involved, etc. and none of that has happened. He said his children wouldn't be involved and he has two in the White House and four were in tech meetings. If Trump is vulnerable, he would always be vulnerable and that is something he knew before he ran. If a businessman has something to hide, he probably should not be running for president of the U.S. Not on ounce of pity on that score.
He did put his assets in a trust, a simple revocable trust IIRC, but that type of trust doesn't require the 'features' that he promised would be put in place. Who knows...perhaps he thinks the general public doesn't understand that what he did do on that front doesn't fulfill the promises he made on that front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 07:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Talking Relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mueller should be fired. He is conducting a pure witch hunt

Take a deep breath. tRump's illegal dealings with Russia won't land you or anyone in your family in jail. The tRump family is obviously a gang of lying, squirming weasels.

Trumplings should welcome this opportunity to set the record straight. What are you afraid Mueller will find?

Besides, tRump himself keeps saying there's nothing to find. Nothing. It's just a witch hunt, after all. He doesn't need anyone to "protect" him.

So, why does he keep saying he does?

Wait...

Is that tRump over there, jumping up and down, screaming, "I'm a witch!"

Old 07-26-2017, 08:56 AM

34,943 posts, read 31,079,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't think Trump is trying to fire Mueller per se. Trump is just all pissed off at Sessions for the recusal and now hates Sessions.

It's pretty low way to go doing something like that and has really soured me on Trump.

I also wonder what hand Kushner and Ivanka have in this. It seems likely that if those two supported Sessions then Trump would too. Trump (and Ivanka and Kushner?) has basically gave a big middle finger to all of us America first nationalist and immigration reduction advocates no matter what he says.
Exactly. Jeff Sessions was one of the first supporters and has been doing a good job on immigration and other matters. Feuding with an ally is what we don't need.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:00 AM

8,307 posts, read 3,899,164 times
Quote:
Not following your logic here. Seems to me that Mueller is doing exactly what Congress wanted him to do, and that was to conduct a thorough investigation of any Russian election meddling, first and foremost. Secondarily, determine if there was any collusion with the Trump campaign or any other campaign for that matter. I cannot imagine any logical reason why we wouldn't want the answers to those questions. I would think that Trump would be more than willing to have this investigation completed and his name cleared so he could get on with business.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
I wholeheartedly disagree. Your messiah is on the hot seat due to his own decisions and actions, not due to any other person's.

Robert Mueller has impeccable credentials and has a reputation of decades for his honesty and impartiality.

It should not need to be mentioned, but I will again: he is a lifelong Republican. If he had any biases (which I don't see) it would logically lean in the president's favor, not against him.

I do not think a better choice could have been made. Any action to remove him now will be seen for what it is, an attempted obstruction of the investigation.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:04 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,755,546 times
Quote:

I'm trying to understand your point of view on this. Lets say the intelligence communities pick up Russian chatter and the Trump campaign keeps popping up with specific names. Trump encourages the Russians to release hacked emails on the campaign trail with a timing that seems suspicious. Don Jr. forwards an email with I love it about the Russian's having dirt on Hillary. The story changes from it was innocent about Russian adoptions, to well yeah it was about Hillary, to collusion is just politics as usual. Kushner denies reading the email even though it had key words like Russian government. He claims he had no idea what that meeting was about. Really? How convenient. So, you think all of this should be ignored?

Putin is a geopolitical adversary. Do you believe that it is in our countries best interest to explore what he's up to? Or do you think we should close a blind eye because it's Donald Trump?

Now if you agree that we should keep a close eye on what Putin is doing to interfere with our election and you come across something that just doesn't look right concerning the presidents business dealings with Russian oligarchs. What do you do? Explore it, or turn a blind eye because it's Donald Trump?

What if Trump is compromised because of his shady business dealings? What if he is involved with illegal money laundering with a geopolitical adversary? Do you think that warrants a good looking at or do you think we should turn a blind eye because it's Donald Trump? What if Trump is so badly compromised that he puts Putin's interest ahead of the American people's interest? Do you think we should turn a blind eye because it's Donald Trump?

We don't know exactly if there is no there there, but, there is a lot of smoke. It is not a witch hunt to look into these smoky patches to see exactly what we're dealing with. If Trump is innocent all the better. If he's guilty then we need to know. Let Mueller continue his investigation and let Trump cooperate if there is no there there.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:08 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,587,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
My theory is that it's a ruse to get Sessions and Reps to move on speeding up Hillary, DNC and Obama spying investigations.
You love a good conspiracy, don't ya?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think he's preparing to take Hillary down once and for all and anybody defending her is going to be removed for obstruction of justice. Love that Wasserman Schultz is now on borrowed time. Next up, John Podesta.
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is going to happen to Clinton or Podesta. This is just a pipe dream from your Trumpsters. It is a deflection from the Trump administration.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I think you need to share whatever you're sipping, smoking, or snorting with the rest of us.

Mueller was brought in to facilitate Comey "flipping and spilling the beans?" Really?

You came up with this yourself?

Well, we'll see won't we?
I think he has the same sources as BentBow.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:21 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,483,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Exactly.
And Sessions is a wimp. We need a pit bull as AG to start exposing and prosecuting all the corrupt democrats that have gotten away with murder for far too long.
If there was any real Trump scandal, the DNC and their corrupt media and deep state would have exposed it long ago.
Sessions is one of the few who have actually been moving ahead with Trump's agenda. Are you really so shortsighted that you would rather see your "enemies" fail than actually seeing your own life get better? You don't get a check every time a DNC person goes to jail right? Weird. Personally, IDGAF if Trump wants to keep chasing the next shiny professional but seems like he got one that was serving him well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies